Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your worst gem-investment?

Executive Chef
    Royal manor. It's huge and I never collect from it anymore and the design doesn't match anything else. Just keep it around for royal points I don't really need since I'm close to 6000. Don't really collect from magic fruit tree or living wood tree but I keep them around for insurance in case we have any quests that need a lot of magic fruit or living wood.

Fashion Designer
    I've spent over 1000 gems already, many gotten from free missions, and except for some nasty gem traps, all the items I bought I appreciate.. I do agree the white cow is not worth 40, but other than that, I only buy nice items! (not the royal manor and fish market)
    for my next buy? I'm probably going to save up for any limited time items, ... thinking about the others... harvest pergola is not bad if it can drop feasts... is the kingdom inn any value?or the stable?

Executive Chef
    I thought the worst gem purchase was the fortune teller's tent, which gave nothing of value until the unintentional old log loophole made it so useful. Still I dislike the building and the idea of fortune telling in my kingdom.

Fashion Designer
    The fish market... I'm constantly maxed on catfish and butterfish and it's not worth it for me for the cooked fish items. I wish it would drop more regul?r fish, which I need for the exchange!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    I've spent over 1000 gems already, many gotten from free missions, and except for some nasty gem traps, all the items I bought I appreciate.. I do agree the white cow is not worth 40, but other than that, I only buy nice items! (not the royal manor and fish market)
    for my next buy? I'm probably going to save up for any limited time items, ... thinking about the others... harvest pergola is not bad if it can drop feasts... is the kingdom inn any value?or the stable?
    Kingdom Inn drops one, or occasionally two, earth wisps per day. Reindeer stable drops ice cream, sugar, or fur but is huge and the reindeer is the size of a house.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by freesiawoods View Post
    I thought the worst gem purchase was the fortune teller's tent, which gave nothing of value until the unintentional old log loophole made it so useful. Still I dislike the building and the idea of fortune telling in my kingdom.
    I actually just got a fortune teller's tent to add some new quests to my game.

What's this old log loophole you speak of?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by forkyfork99 View Post
    I actually just got a fortune teller's tent to add some new quests to my game.

What's this old log loophole you speak of?
    Go to the listing of all the fortunes, and it's in the last batch of fortunes. You get a never ending supply of glimmerbits for chopping old logs. The catch is you can't completely chop a log or the fortune stops. So, you buy old logs, take a couple of chops out of them and repeat ad infinitum. It really helps you crank thru Sister, sister. The last fortune is similar, in that you get a superglue for every chop on a small rock pile. Just don't space out and finish the old log or the rock pile!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Executive Chef
    I haven't got to this part of the game yet but I wondered I'm guessing people max on the glimmerbits and shards?!? Then after finishing sister sister then chop the old log once and for good then move on to the next fortune? Guessing there is a fortune after this?

Sorry should have asked this on another post I got carried away with what this thread was about.
    Last edited by PurpleScorpion76; 08-26-14 at 03:46 PM. Reason: No delete button.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I haven't got to this part of the game yet but I wondered I'm guessing people max on the glimmerbits and shards?!? Then after finishing sister sister then chop the old log once and for good then move on to the next fortune? Guessing there is a fortune after this?
    Sorry should have asked this on another post I got carried away with what this thread was about.
    Here's a list of the fortunes: https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...Fortune-Teller

I'm at the Glimmer Rock right now, and I love it, cause I have so much trouble making enough plants/the right plants for 'sister, sister'.

Glimmer Rock: you must chop an old log, it will give you glimmer fragments and shards.After you've chopped it three times this quest is done.
    So the trick is: buy a new log. Chop it twice, NOT a third time. Sell it after chopping twice. Buy a new log. Chop it twice, and so on.

I'm on it right now, and I'm trying to keep it as long as I can as extra resource for glimmer fragments (my rate shards-fragments is ridiculous) even after 'sister, sister'.
    I am Zelda

royal manor. bought 2 and sold them later at lv 7.
    fish market. have 1, but still collecting, but dont invest for the 2.
    magic fruittree. stored cuz maxed out...

wouldnt buy the fortuneteller...dont agree with the pergola have 2 and they drop for me useful things.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast