Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your worst gem-investment?

Fashion Designer

What's your worst gem-investment?

I don't mean the gem traps, we've all had those, unfortunately....

I want to know:
    what item or animal that can only be bought by gems (or been given as a present by the knights, sir P. and so on) disappoints you the most?

For me it's the white cow. It costs 40 gems. I have 2 of them grazing, for a very long time now. When I collect from cows, I always collect them first. Description says they have a small chance for rare drops.
    Well, I think very very rare is better... In all this time I have received 1 rare drop, and I can't even remember what it was, so it was no woohaaa gift.
    And besides that those white cows can only be collected every 60 minutes, and a regular cow every 10.

I'm so glad I didn't buy them myself! They were a gift; and the third white cow I received, well, I put him directly in store....
    I am Zelda

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post

I want to know:
    what item or animal that can only be bought by gems (or been given as a present by the knights, sir P. and so on) disappoints you the most?

For me it's the white cow. It costs 40 gems. I have 2 of them grazing, for a very long time now. When I collect from cows, I always collect them first. Description says they have a small chance for rare drops.
    Well, I think very very rare is better... In all this time I have received 1 rare drop, and I can't even remember what it was, so it was no woohaaa gift.
    And besides that those white cows can only be collected every 60 minutes, and a regular cow every 10.

I'm so glad I didn't buy them myself! They were a gift; and the third white cow I received, well, I put him directly in store....
    Lol Yeah got 7 of those white cows from adventures, but my worst investment was the Magic Fruit tree, Though I admit I knew beforehand it was a bad decision to buy it, but I really liked the tree lol.

Executive Chef
    How can the magic fruit tree be a bad investment? They go towards energy boost?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    How can the magic fruit tree be a bad investment? They go towards energy boost?
    You spend more energy collecting strawberries/glimmerbulbs then you receive back. It's not a bad thing necessarily, if you still need expansion permits.

Executive Chef
    The Fish Market. Now they made it so they drop fish sandwiches as well. But I can't use fish sandwiches yet. It spends a LOT more time in storage than out. And even when it is out, I hardly collect from it.

Farm Supplier
    I agree with the fish market. I pulled mine out of storage when it was announced that it would drop fish sandwiches, but I haven't gotten one yet. Usually just get a fish or two and 35 coins. Bummer.

Executive Chef
    Don't have a fish-market, but my worst buy is the harvest-pergola. Every 16 hours it drops 2-3 of the folowing items: flour, grits, bread. Didn't drop neerhing more usefull, so it's definately not worth the gems.

Wish I had save them, by now I could have bought a Mythril-dragon.

Rhino Keeper
    Harvest pergola can drop complete feasts so it's hardly a bad investment. Same with the fish market, low chance of dropping a fish sandwich but still worth the energy in my opinion. The magic fruit tree has gotten slightly less relevant now that other faerie items beyond the magic garden can drop the fruit. Before the faerie story line you were limited to 1 magic fruit per day.

Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post

I want to know:

You know what - excellent point about the white cow.
    I had never really thought about it before - but it is true, longer re-gen time, and I find drops fertilizer with less consistency than my dappled cows.
    And i am always maxed on prime-cuts anyway. I think I am going to swap them out for some regular heffers!

My worst gem-purchase though would be fish-shack.
    Very quickly got maxed on butter-fish and cat-fish, now it lives permanently in storage.
    If I knew fish-sandwhiches were more than just rare drops I would probably pull it out, but for now I'm managing fine without it.
    My Kingdom name is Squidland.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squidlish View Post
    You know what - excellent point about the white cow.
    I had never really thought about it before - but it is true, longer re-gen time, and I find drops fertilizer with less consistency than my dappled cows.
    And i am always maxed on prime-cuts anyway. I think I am going to swap them out for some regular heffers!

My worst gem-purchase though would be fish-shack.

That makes it even worse: my white cows just give me milk, most of the time only 1 milk.... If they would give me prime cuts and fertilizer I would be happier, but....

The fishmarket: I recognize it. Like Liloze I already doubted the buy, and indeed, I hardly collect for I have plenty of fishes, but I liked the building as soon as I saw it, just had to have it (LOL I don't even like fish, can't endure the smell and taste!). So no bad investment for me.
    I am Zelda

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast