Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emerald dragon much harder to get now!!

Fashion Designer
    What's the deal, TL??? I am not a happy camper!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by igames4me View Post
    This has too be a glitch.... Tried it and got 5 hrs sped up an when in nest it's. A panda with seconds in nest.

But breeding 5 hrs... This has too be a glitch since a panda is only seconds not 5 hrs
    Pls fix tl
    Guessing we'll have to wait until Monday for a response from TL, but I sure hope it's good news, like. "Oops, our bad. We fixed it and now we're back to 30 second breed & hatch for the fails for Emerald dragon." Hope so. It's bad enough we are limited in expansions, they really shouldn't be adding insult to injury, with this sort of change.... :-/

Fashion Designer
    Is this game a continuation of Dragon Story?

I don't play DS, and it seems that nearly all threads end up explaining or complaining about something to do with DS, which makes no sense to me, and possibly not others who don't play DS.

So, is it a requirement that to play and enjoy or even understand this game I need to play DS? I admit I tried it when I got gems for other games and I found it did not appeal to me. Possibly because I am much older than the Internet, dragons were always a good game subject, and I have played dozens of dragon themed games over the years, but I am just not interested in dragon themed games.

FFS has animals similar to dragons, and even one called a dragon, but it has a nice variety and I find this game increasingly interesting.

But do I have to play a game I don't find interesting and read complaints about DS at levels much higher than FFS is currently sitting in order to understand and play FFS, or does this game stand alone?

To stay on topic I have not ever got the five hour timer when trying to breed the Emerald Dragon, and all I get are the Pandas. So does this Emerald Dragon difficulty breeding, which I seem to be having compared to those who got the Unicorn early because it seems my friends who had the Unicorn soon followed with a Dragon, but those who didn't get lucky with the Unicorn until recently, don't seem to be getting the Dragon shortly after as seemed to happen when I began playing. Apparently, although I don't understand how or why, this has something to do with Dragon Story. Or does it?

Can someone explain to a non DS player? Thanks?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post

Initially (before yesterday sometime) when people tried to breed Emerald dragon, using pandafodill and Unicorn, if they were unsuccessful, they got 20 seconds breeding time, resulting in a pandaffodil, then 20 seconds hatching.

NOW we seem to have a 5 HOUR fail, which still results in a Pandaffodil, which still only takes 20 seconds to hatch. Given that some people have had to try 50 or 60 times to succeed, having to wait five hours for each of those seems kinda awful.

As for whether this is a permanent and intentional change, we don't know as nobody from Teamlava has commented one way or the other, and this is likely because it is the weekend. As for all the comments about Dragon Story, I suppose those of us familiar with it use it as a reference point, in no small part because of some striking similarities between this game and DS.

:-)

Executive Chef
    Was sure hoping to see that this had been fixed by now!! It would be so wrong for TL to do this intentionally but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Main id: squinn1981

Fashion Designer

I don't play DS, and it seems that nearly all threads end up explaining or complaining about something to do with DS, which makes no sense to me, and possibly not others who don't play DS.

So, is it a requirement that to play and enjoy or even understand this game I need to play DS? I admit I tried it when I got gems for other games and I found it did not appeal to me. Possibly because I am much older than the Internet, dragons were always a good game subject, and I have played dozens of dragon themed games over the years, but I am just not interested in dragon themed games.

FFS has animals similar to dragons, and even one called a dragon, but it has a nice variety and I find this game increasingly interesting.

But do I have to play a game I don't find interesting and read complaints about DS at levels much higher than FFS is currently sitting in order to understand and play FFS, or does this game stand alone?

To stay on topic I have not ever got the five hour timer when trying to breed the Emerald Dragon, and all I get are the Pandas. So does this Emerald Dragon difficulty breeding, which I seem to be having compared to those who got the Unicorn early because it seems my friends who had the Unicorn soon followed with a Dragon, but those who didn't get lucky with the Unicorn until recently, don't seem to be getting the Dragon shortly after as seemed to happen when I began playing. Apparently, although I don't understand how or why, this has something to do with Dragon Story. Or does it?

The only increased difficulty in breeding Emerald Dragon lies in the mysterious 5-hour breeding time that some players are encountering. Obviously, nobody should be waiting 5 hours for a Pandaffodil egg, so we are sure it is a glitch that TL will hopefully correct soon. If your only obstacle to an Emerald Dragon is the 20-second breeding and hatching of an infinite number of Pandaffodils, that sounds like normal gameplay.

In theory, Emerald Dragon is much easier to breed than Crystal Unicorn for 2 reasons:
    1. There are only 2 possible outcomes if you limit the pool to Gem-Nature.
    2. The only unwanted outcome is an easy 20-second tosser (without the glitch).
    Unfortunately, there's no telling how many of those you may have to go through so "much easier" may not feel the least bit easy in actual practice.

In my own experience, the Emerald took an average of 100 panda eggs sold in about 1 hour of steadily trying, but at least one took a few hours during which I had to take breaks from the tedious disappointments. I've heard of someone getting it after only 20 fails, and others who tried for days without success. You simply never know, and all I can suggest is persistence.

For those being snagged by the 5-hour bug, I suggest you take screenshots and email Support@TeamLava.com, especially if you choose to speed through it with gems. If the bug is persistent, it may be best to wait until TL sorts this out before you resume trying for an Emerald Dragon.

Sorry for the constant mentions of Dragon Story. Of all the TL games, Dragon Story and Monster Story are the ones that most closely resemble this game, and since DS is the most developed, its players have seen many of the same rules, patterns, features, glitches, bugs and SOLUTIONS that we are encountering here. The comparisons and references are inevitable, but there is certainly no DS prerequisite.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    I have not ever got the five hour timer when trying to breed the Emerald Dragon, and all I get are the Pandas. So does this Emerald Dragon difficulty breeding, which I seem to be having compared to those who got the Unicorn early because it seems my friends who had the Unicorn soon followed with a Dragon, but those who didn't get lucky with the Unicorn until recently, don't seem to be getting the Dragon shortly after as seemed to happen when I began playing.
    If they keep the 5-hour timer now, ... it's bad enough to try 24/7 for a unicorn and fail fail fail fail fail fail... and not even get one of the 8 non-crystal critters I still don't have! But if those who were luckier, and got the unicorn early, also get ALL the luck and got a ton of emeralds and now the REST of us are going to have to deal with fails that are 5 hours instead of seconds.... Team Lava - the way to keep us interested in the game is NOT to force those who have been trying really hard but hit hard luck to fall even FURTHER behind the lucky ones by compounding the bad luck of no unicorn with the bad luck of "Oh, you didn't get one yet? Too bad - now it's 10 x harder to get an emerald." Those with a crystal and 5 emeralds already make over 4,000 coins per hour per animal. My current best income is 1439 per hour, two of those. And two right around 1100. For someone with a total of 4 lvl 10 unicorns/dragons, their 4 animals and 2 habitats take up 18 squares. In order for me to get that 18,000 per hour coins they get from 4 animals and 18 squares, it takes EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OVER 40 ANIMALS I HAVE, and the ENTIRETY OF ALL AVAILABLE OPEN SPACE.

I don't have the dam crystal animals. I have been trying NONSTOP FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS ON END. I understand that it's just a case of bad luck over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. But isn't the SOME way to code it so that if you've tried 25 times, you friggen get the friggen unicorn already? I am SO sick of hearing people complain that they don't have enough emerald dragons. Guess what? IT COULD BE WORSE. You could try 24/7 for weeks on end to find that it just keeps getting more and more difficult to get the suckers, while 90% of the players here gloat and gloat about having SO many crystals and oh no the poor things now have to wait too long to get emerald #10. SCREW making it easier for the people who ALREADY got all the luck. The game needs to fix the system so that the rest of us who have been playing every bit as intrepidly get a chance to get these critters. Before we give up and leave in droves. HARD WORK SHOULD BE REWARDED eventually. And time is almost up. This game gets closer to my trash bucket every single of the dozens and dozens and dozens of repeated fails without even the grace of granting me one of the OTHER 8 I'm missing. I can't even build dark coves because I HAVE NO COINS BECAUSE ALL MY ANIMALS COMBINED can only make as much as the privileged folks on here make with 18 squares and 4 friggen animals. This continued denial of advancement to those of us who have worked every bit as hard as them and gotten JACK for it is ruining the game.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    If they keep the 5-hour timer now, ... it's bad enough to try 24/7 for a unicorn and fail fail fail fail fail fail... and not even get one of the 8 non-crystal critters I still don't have! But if those who were luckier, and got the unicorn early, also get ALL the luck and got a ton of emeralds and now the REST of us are going to have to deal with fails that are 5 hours instead of seconds.... Team Lava - the way to keep us interested in the game is NOT to force those who have been trying really hard but hit hard luck to fall even FURTHER behind the lucky ones by compounding the bad luck of no unicorn with the bad luck of "Oh, you didn't get one yet? Too bad - now it's 10 x harder to get an emerald." Those with a crystal and 5 emeralds already make over 4,000 coins per hour per animal. My current best income is 1439 per hour, two of those. And two right around 1100. For someone with a total of 4 lvl 10 unicorns/dragons, their 4 animals and 2 habitats take up 18 squares. In order for me to get that 18,000 per hour coins they get from 4 animals and 18 squares, it takes EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OVER 40 ANIMALS I HAVE, and the ENTIRETY OF ALL AVAILABLE OPEN SPACE.

I don't have the dam crystal animals. I have been trying NONSTOP FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS ON END. I understand that it's just a case of bad luck over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. But isn't the SOME way to code it so that if you've tried 25 times, you friggen get the friggen unicorn already? I am SO sick of hearing people complain that they don't have enough emerald dragons. Guess what? IT COULD BE WORSE. You could try 24/7 for weeks on end to find that it just keeps getting more and more difficult to get the suckers, while 90% of the players here gloat and gloat about having SO many crystals and oh no the poor things now have to wait too long to get emerald #10. SCREW making it easier for the people who ALREADY got all the luck. The game needs to fix the system so that the rest of us who have been playing every bit as intrepidly get a chance to get these critters. Before we give up and leave in droves. HARD WORK SHOULD BE REWARDED eventually. And time is almost up. This game gets closer to my trash bucket every single of the dozens and dozens and dozens of repeated fails without even the grace of granting me one of the OTHER 8 I'm missing. I can't even build dark coves because I HAVE NO COINS BECAUSE ALL MY ANIMALS COMBINED can only make as much as the privileged folks on here make with 18 squares and 4 friggen animals. This continued denial of advancement to those of us who have worked every bit as hard as them and gotten JACK for it is ruining the game.
    I'm about to give this game up also. It's becoming just annoying. No rewards equals no challenge so if I don't get it in the next 24 hours, I'm not playing this game any longer. I really like dragon city ( not DS) lots of battles, expansions, food is way cheaper and all their dragons pay a lot, their commons pay as much as the super rares here.
    Last edited by EviBrooklyn; 08-24-14 at 06:32 PM.

Fashion Designer

So, is it a requirement that to play and enjoy or even understand this game I need to play DS? I admit I tried it when I got gems for other games and I found it did not appeal to me.
    Many people who recently started FFS (a month ago...?) came from DS. There was a quest to play this game and then a quest to buy a decoration, which rewarded gems, so a lot of us came over to FFS and stayed. FFS and DS have many similarities, many! So those are probably the reasons there're a lot of comparisons lately.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post

I agree, but I still don't want a 5hr Pandaffodil. I don't have a Crystal, been trying since Jackalope came out. If I ever get this animal, I'll be trying for a Emerald Dragon. And if I see a 5hr Pandaffodil, somebody is going to be real unlucky to be my troubleshooter. You get a Ultra Rare after countless 3hr+ fails, you'd want to get another one that came easily to others easily too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast