Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1.2.3 Update - New Icon

I would assume that the people who have the money to spend on in-game purchases are adults.
    So why not make the game's branding appeal to adults?
    As for the actual image, it looks like a fantasy pony with an ice cream cone stuck on its head. The game's earlier designs in particular are highly detailed, intricate and imaginative. They've declined recently and the new ones don't move, which is disappointing, but the last couple of icons still don't represent the best of the game's art.

Fashion Designer
    The new icon is an improvement over the My Little Pony one but it's still awful (in terms of appropriateness for the game) and not a patch on the original.

Run an icon design contest.. Set a date icons must be submitted by, post them in a poll here, let us vote on which is best, and award the winner 1000 gems or something. Just make sure to add a disclaimer that winning the contest doesn't guarantee the icon will be used in the game (just in case). Also be sure to add into the conditions that the icon must be an original work of art. Could be a fun way to engage your users and we know how much people like voting on things here!

Just a thought...

I like that idea stuffedmounts. I'm not an artist but would love to see some ideas from other players.

It's better than the last one, but what was wrong with the original icon?? The game is CASTLE story, not My Little Pony!

Farm Supplier
    I hated the pink pony with a passion and I'm happy that it was changed. I don't love this one, but I can definitely live with it and I took it back out of the subfolder where I buried it. I don't think it represents the game very well, but I can live with it for sure.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I like that idea stuffedmounts. I'm not an artist but would love to see some ideas from other players.
    Just be careful not to suggest anything that might offend graphic designers...

I think that a mushroom patch or corn would be more representative than the pony we have now.

New Resident
    The new icon is better than the pink one. I'm just not sure which one of my 6 naturally accumulated alicorns it depicts. I need one more so I can tap one each day of the week!

New Resident
    Thanks for the new icon. There is a guarantee that the male players will return

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow560 View Post
    Thanks for the new icon. There is a guarantee that the male players will return
    A pony icon is still an embarrassment, and totally not representative of the game. Those that have chosen to delete or hide the icons on their device will probably remain that way.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast