Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1.2.3 Update - New Icon

You have to pick your battles. Personally, I loathed the pink pony icon and therefore choose to fight that battle. We now have a white pony/alicorn that isn't repulsive to look at. I do agree, it's not very representative of the game (especially if you started after V-Day '13). However, I'm indifferent to the new icon: not against it, but on the same hand not for it. Yes, I can spend my time fighting it, but I see no need to. I would rather spend my time fighting for a gem confirmation than another icon.
    Kingdom of 😸Kittyville😸

We're still listening and going through every feedback you guys are giving us. Please continue to send us feedback on the new icon. Thanks!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

I very much disliked the pink pony. I dislike the new one. I would prefer some kind of castle picture.
    Kingdom: Giggleton

Triple ditto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    We're still listening and going through every feedback you guys are giving us. Please continue to send us feedback on the new icon. Thanks!

We appreciate that!
    I was shocked to see the pink pony and was not a fan of it...and I love pink
    However, the new one is even worse I feel. It is actually 'ugly' to me (so sorry to whoever made it!!). It does not represent the wonderful graphics in the game. I too would prefer a castle as the main focus, like the queens keep perhaps. The original was fine

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_25 View Post
    We appreciate that!
    I was shocked to see the pink pony and was not a fan of it...and I love pink
    However, the new one is even worse I feel. It is actually 'ugly' to me (so sorry to whoever made it!!). It does not represent the wonderful graphics in the game. I too would prefer a castle as the main focus, like the queens keep perhaps. The original was fine
    Stepping in again... I'm sure everyone knows I've had nothing but bad things to say about both Pony Story icons. However, I have to object to the comment above.

I actually feel that both icons were very well crafted, beautiful even, and would make a fine graphic for an equestrian themed game. But Castle Story is not such a game, and deserves an appropriately styled icon. It turns my stomach to see Castle Story represented this way.

Executive Chef
    My son-in-law plays this game with his 8 year old daughter... He is a marine and is gone for months on end,, and showing a childish icon does not brother him ... Cuz he playing the game with his daughter , and he is very proud of that, so buck up some of you men,,, and get with the times!!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Eh, better than the icon with the cute pony but like the original icon better. This one seems disconnected from the game to me. Like most people with no Love Shack, I don't have a white alicorn and probably never will. Plus, it doesn't look like a winged alicorn to me but a conventional unicorn. It's a nice enough picture but doesn't really look like the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboser View Post
    Stepping in again... I'm sure everyone knows I've had nothing but bad things to say about both Pony Story icons. However, I have to object to the comment above.

I actually feel that both icons were very well crafted, beautiful even, and would make a fine graphic for an equestrian themed game. But Castle Story is not such a game, and deserves an appropriately styled icon. It turns my stomach to see Castle Story represented this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockylandia View Post
    Eh, better than the icon with the cute pony but like the original icon better. This one seems disconnected from the game to me. Like most people with no Love Shack, I don't have a white alicorn and probably never will. Plus, it doesn't look like a winged alicorn to me but a conventional unicorn. It's a nice enough picture but doesn't really look like the game.
    I agree with you both on this whole heartily.

Executive Chef
    I like the pretty pink unicorn icon with the flowers in her hair. This icon alone is what made me want to even download this game and try it out. The new icon is ugly and I don't like it, the pretty girl unicorn got replaced by a boy one, so I'm not gonna upgrade my version!