Page 59 of 113 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2: Luau Festival Event 8-21-14 (IOS)

I was spending gems like crazy and getting nowhere... But thanks to a wonderful nbr, I got my pets! I am selling coconuts and plumerias in the next 5 min if anyone needs, my id is solinari86, gl everyone!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by diverDestiny View Post
    Don't you have to be a neighbor to see what they sell? Am confused.
    I answered this a few pages back in regards to why it's best not to accept an invite during a trading exchange. But the simple answer is No, you can go to anyone's farm and go to their shop for all items.

When you invite someone you use their storm id which is usually NOT their farm name. If that person accepts your invite then they go into your neighbor list. If you have hundreds of neighbors then you would have to remember that person's farm not the name you entered AND scroll through your entire list to find them and if you visited them already and other names then their name will be somewhere at the end of your list. It makes getting to a farm quickly not so quick.

If though you send an invite and go to visit button then post on their wall not to accept (or decline) until after the event is over, then you only have to pull up your invite list and voila there they are, hit visit. Easy peasy, no need to remember their name, scroll through lists, etc.

Executive Chef
    At 3:00pm here, I will sell more coconut pies, coconuts, hawaiian buns, & shears. That is in 12 minutes. Will edit this when I head over to my store at that time.

ETA: Sorry was on the phone. Will sell in 2 minutes.

ETA: ok store is full of stuff. Hope someone from here gets them
    Last edited by ghjvcucjb; 08-29-14 at 06:22 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    ghjvcucjb,
    accept my invitation please. thank

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie2006 View Post
    ghjvcucjb,
    accept my invitation please. thank
    Jackie, what is your farm name?

I will be selling more in about an hour. Will post here first so everyone knows.

Executive Chef
    [QUOTE=Carbuck;957404]I noticed the other night that when I have a number of deliveries ready in my warehouse at a certain time at night I can get shears for about every 2 deliveries. So I saved up all my deliveries until that particular time of night. I had all lights lit in my warehouse. Luckily some of the next deliveries contained items I had in my barn and silo. So at the end of me sending a big slew of deliveries I wound up getting about 11 shears total.

I did the same thing again tonight and got 12 shears.

Good luck everybody!

Got the cat and now the dog. I have enjoyed the event but will be happy not to worry about shear drop rates.

Fashion Designer
    I have not completed making the leis and hula skirts, but I have enough plumeria blossoms in inventory. I did get the dog yesterday. I am truly amazed that I will have both luau pets, with no gems spent -- just focused all efforts on the event, with no money saved for new buildings.

So... I will start posting here for the next few days, a few minutes before placing the extra shears in my shop. I have two shears currently in stock, that will be available in 5 minutes.

ETA: ... And they are gone.
    Last edited by CottageRose; 08-29-14 at 07:58 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Found some shears on the market, posting in five.

Executive Chef
    Congrats grace_sims.

Great effort CottageRose as you will soon be finished. Thank you so much for the help you are giving us.