Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever finished the "sister sister" goal?

New Resident
    Sister sister takes way more than three months.
    Is it worth it? Does not completing keep you from any other
    Quest?

Doesn't hold you back but I still work on it among the other daily things I do in the game. Could kick myself though since I crafted a dark plant before I realized I needed those darn shards for the jeweled hairpin in the new goal. Ackkkkk!!

BTW, TL, the past tense of jewel has only 1 'l'.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

I finally got my last pitcher, now I am doing the exchange. Will be done with this goal in 5 hrs. Can't wait to press the give button for the 20th time!!!!! LOL!!!
    It took a little over a month to get the last 6 with the fortune. But I will keep the fortune for a longer time~
    Good luck everyone!

Farm Supplier
    Woohoo! Just finished the 19th inscription. One more to go! This has gone on way too long.

Rhino Keeper
    I have 6 left to go. shards are far too scarce

Executive Chef
    Sister Sister is on hold while I craft some hair pins...

Same here...finally got enough today to do the 2nd hairpin. Argh!!! I hate glimmer shards!!! Lol
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Why is everyone in a hurry to finish this quest? It's a long term goal. There's no goal after this one and the 10 gems prize is not reflective of the amount of effort this goal requires. Prioritise main story goals instead of this one. It's only here to keep everyone from whinging about not having anything to do in quite spaces between updates!

On another note, less than 2 months in and I am on 10 inscriptions now Even when I make 20 inscriptions, I plan on hanging onto them for a while in case any future goals require them. I can give them any time, like when I have 30 or more stockpiled. As a bonus, the 10 gems are safely stashed away where I can't accidentally lose them in a gem trap
    Last edited by JustKay; 09-20-14 at 07:04 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I [B]Really[B] don't like these quests that take forever! They get boring and you never have enough resources to fill them...but I guess that's why we can generally gem our way thru stuff

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    The game seems to adjust rarity based on whether you have an outstanding goal for an item and if you have a low amount of that item. Due to a haitus, I only started on this goal in the last month or two. I have been keeping a ratio of 90:35:25 for the plants and this has allowed me to hack away at the goal at a reasonable rate (at 7 or 8 inscriptions). The key think I notice is that 20 seems to be a tipping point. Having less than 20 of anything results in a reduced drop rate (having zero make is extra hard). This makes sense since when a new goal comes out, and new items are introduced, people can't rush to complete it. Everyone has to start from that zero state. They have to slowly accumulate up to 20 items before then drop rate evens out.

So for all my items in my inventory I keep a floating supply above 20 (except stones and timber since those don't seem to be affected). So if you're the impatient type, and always use items as you get them, then you will revisit the 0 state many many times. It's tough resisting the urge, but once I'm up to 20 items it's a smoother process of accumulating items.
    TL has already confirmed on another thread that they do not do this.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast