Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever finished the "sister sister" goal?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay
    The game seems to adjust rarity based on whether you have an outstanding goal for an item and if you have a low amount of that item. Due to a haitus, I only started on this goal in the last month or two. I have been keeping a ratio of 90:35:25 for the plants and this has allowed me to hack away at the goal at a reasonable rate (at 7 or 8 inscriptions). The key think I notice is that 20 seems to be a tipping point. Having less than 20 of anything results in a reduced drop rate (having zero make is extra hard). This makes sense since when a new goal comes out, and new items are introduced, people can't rush to complete it. Everyone has to start from that zero state. They have to slowly accumulate up to 20 items before then drop rate evens out.

So for all my items in my inventory I keep a floating supply above 20 (except stones and timber since those don't seem to be affected). So if you're the impatient type, and always use items as you get them, then you will revisit the 0 state many many times. It's tough resisting the urge, but once I'm up to 20 items it's a smoother process of accumulating items.
    TL has already confirmed on another thread that they do not do this.
    As far as I know, they have only claimed that they do not adjust the drop (or spawn rate) rates based on whether a quest for them is active. I haven't seen them say that there is no adjustment for how many are in your inventory - where did you see that?

I'm hoping if I ignore sister sister long enough it will go away. I've done 10 inscriptions and am taking a break.

Rhino Keeper
    Interesting theory. I am one of the lucky ones that finished this horrible mess of a goal, and now find myself making plants and trading, just because if they come up with another monstrosity like this, I want to have stockpiles.
    The most popular plant is my inventory is the rafflesia. I have 25 of them! From the beginning, I always had extras. Even for the first inscription, I had 3 or 4 left in inventory. It's always been disproportionally more. My ratio for the other two was also off. I'd get 3 or 4 glimmer plants for every one pitcher.
    I do agree though, that when you begin stockpiling, items seem to accumulate much faster. Maybe it's because we're not focused on collecting that one item, and so it slips into inventory without keeping count.

Farm Supplier
    I finished mine about 2 weeks ago thanks to the Fortune Teller "glitch" that me get all the shards they were needed.

Rhino Keeper
    Yep, I went about almost 2 months and didn't even get 1 inscription. till I got the glimmer rock fortune 2 days ago, now I'm churning em out......it really feels like *****ing.

*It is a Massive advantage*

There is no way I would have the patience to get thru it w/o the fortune tent. I really commend anyone who did it it without it.

But you know, because of it (GRock fortune)the game pace has really picked up.....it's fun again
    It should have been this was in the first place instead of the tedium and boredom of waiting on the GGate possibly giving a shard and nothing else to do.
    Everything leading up to it was rather slow paced, and never really had a conclusion...most felt incomplete and pointless.

I'm almost maxed in glues and can easily fill up for pastes and cement so I'll probably just stay on this fortune forever

Farm Supplier
    Finally finished this horrible quest. I hope they never do something like this again.

Rhino Keeper
    Glimmer rock fortune? Huh?? Enlighten? I'm currently stuck with Sister Sister AND building the faerie workshop, both asking me for poxy glimmer shards.

A fortune in the tent where you chop old logs. However, in order to accumulate the shards you only chop twice and then leave it and go buy another, only chop twice again and go buy another and so on. You can sell the log after 2 chops supposedly but I had a nbr with old logs all over her Quuendom while working this fortune. Finally has gotten rid of most of them now.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

I'm not able to sell the first log I chopped twice, but I can sell all the others. The glimmer rock fortune has been active in my kingdom for a month now. I'm only at eight inscriptions, but I have so many dark seeds now. Just need fertilizer to grow them.
    Kingdom of 😸Kittyville😸

Just started plant trade #19... One more to go, just one more. SO grateful for the glimmer glitch, and when I'm done I'll use that to help with the fairy trades.