Thread: 13 Tuna & 0 salmon, is this a bug?

Fashion Designer

13 Tuna & 0 salmon, is this a bug?

So I've been using my fancy bait & only getting Tuna for days. At least 13 times with only tuna and no salmon.

Am I just having a really unlucky streak, or have the salmon disappeared? This has been since the carnival ended, so wondering if that's related somehow?

Executive Chef
    Sorry to hear about that! You might have run into an unlucky streak. It seems like the salmons from your pond has hopped into my pond. Maybe you can try taking a small break and try to fish later and see if the salmon will bite? Let us know if you get lucky and get a salmon to bite.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    Sorry to hear about that! You might have run into an unlucky streak. It seems like the salmons from your pond has hopped into my pond. Maybe you can try taking a small break and try to fish later and see if the salmon will bite? Let us know if you get lucky and get a salmon to bite.

2 more tuna, then finally a salmon! 15 tuna in a row must be some kinda record... Perhaps "Most annoying streak ever" LOL

Will I ever be able to make a tuna roll/sashimi with all these extra tuna? All I have now needing tuna is the sashimi plate which needs 2 of each, tuna and salmon. For now i'll keep checking the shop for salmon and maybe sell my spares. ;-)

Executive Chef
    That is definitely a streak! We don't have any plans for tuna rolls but I'll let the team know that is something that you're interested in.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    So I've been using my fancy bait & only getting Tuna for days. At least 13 times with only tuna and no salmon.

Am I just having a really unlucky streak, or have the salmon disappeared? This has been since the carnival ended, so wondering if that's related somehow?
    Here's my experience and I've complained about this in the past:

Team Lava and Farm Story 2 plays with you. They know what you need. If you need Tuna, you will get Salmon most of the time. If you need Tuna, you'll get Salmon most of the time.

Before the tuna event, I needed Salmon. Guess what I got fishing -------> Tuna

During the carnival event, I purchased no fish with fancy/mardi gras bait. I used up all my supply of tuna and salmon. I deleted all delivery orders for salmon or tuna dishes I couldn't fill.

After the carnival event, I started keeping delivery orders that called for salmon or tuna. Most of my orders were for tuna dishes or the sashimi that uses salmon and tuna.

Guess what I received fishing -------> Salmon

So, if your delivery orders show you need Salmon, you'll get Tuna. If your delivery orders show you need Tuna, you'll get Salmon.

I've talked to others and they confirm that whatever you really need, you'll get the opposite most of the time. This is their way of getting you to spend gems to fulfill the orders without the needed items.