Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyre tent? I think too much pink stinks!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    I think CS is in some kind of identity crisis right now. But please, if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it!
    Couldn't agree more! All of us "long time" players began noticing a striking decline in the quality of the graphics being introduced over the past several weeks...it began with less detail added, then progressed to the light green "slime" platforms at the base of many items. As these items were added to the kingdom, you could begin to clearly see a shift/decline in the overall approach & quality of the game design. Then came the icon fiasco w/ the bug-riddled update, and now the "lock out" with those of us who wanted to retain the last "classic" version of CS simply being shut out. Like others, I didn't upgrade yesterday, so I have only seen a pic of this new pepto tent on the forum. At this point, I'm not even sure I'm really missing anything. I fear that, like many games before, CS had reached its peak and is on the decline. Take care and be well, dear neighbors!

Yep. I'm not lovin' the new design either. I am feeling a bit meh about it all at the moment. The earlier stuff was really fantastic. There are only so many trees to hide things behind.

Rhino Keeper
    Personally I feel the decline in detailed graphics in-game is much more of a reason to be concerned for Castle Story's future than the new icon (as much as I can't stand the thing). I really hope TeamLava wakes up and realizes just how unhappy their long-time, LoveShack-owning players--the ones that have been with them since the beginning--have become! And newer players, too! I really don't want to give up my favorite game. But it's not the same anymore.
    Last edited by brdwybaby; 08-08-14 at 04:32 AM.

Executive Chef
    I joined directly after the Love Shack Valentine Event, I simply don't like where CS story is headed !
    The new buildings Graphics are totally inadequate with the old ones, not only the color scheme ( neon- psychedelic- and tacky!), but size wise they are totally out of scale, let alone the lack of the beautiful details we were used to !
    It is it a pain to place them somewhere, in which, they won't clash with the old ones, as if another game had invaded CS ( Gazebo - Tea Party and now this Eyesore Tent).
    Hopefully, like Glimmergate said, this "new" trend will be over soon, though from what I see, I am not holding my breath!
    Last edited by Liloze; 08-08-14 at 01:09 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I agree entirely, Liloze. My Tea Party in the back of my storage shed will be joined by that tent in 17 days and counting, never to be seen again.

I did find one side view of the gazebo that's not too awful, given that it does drop some useful items.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CottageRose View Post
    I agree entirely, Liloze. My Tea Party in the back of my storage shed will be joined by that tent in 17 days and counting, never to be seen again.

I did find one side view of the gazebo that's not too awful, given that it does drop some useful items.
    You are right about the gazebo, it drops good stuff, I put both the tea Party and gazebo together, and surrounded the TP with the flowery hedge to cover it a bit. But The Gazebo I couldn't really hide , no space for trees!
    The "Tenteyesore" ( sounds like A dinosaur name?! ) So the tent is surrounded by trees now and the only thing visible about it is the top! Though I had to move the Goddess Tree to do that, sigh.
    I think TL should stop creating new buildings and let the old ones drop the materials we need, at least, this way, they would save us some space, and...nightmares in flashy bright colors!

Fashion Designer
    My huge bug bear with the gazebo and this tent is the ugly green floor that comes with them. The background should be invisible.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    My huge bug bear with the gazebo and this tent is the ugly green floor that comes with them. The background should be invisible.
    You mean the slime?! THIS ISN'T 90s NICKELODEON.

Rhino Keeper
    Now that I've upgraded the Pyre Festival tent to level 7, I quite like it. It could still use tons more detail, but it's leaps and bounds better than the 4-post tent.

I may be wrong about this but it seems that all the more recent buildings are just a variation on 4 legs and a roof rather than a fully formed building: harvest pergola, faerie respite, summer gazebo, faerie tea party and now the tent - and all are growing more out of proportion with the rest of the game, along with reduction in quality and style. Def a change in direction there.
    Last edited by berrigan17; 08-09-14 at 05:44 PM. Reason: clarification

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast