Thread: Breeding done, but no explosive?

New Resident

Breeding done, but no explosive?

I just got another breeding done (Pyro Pony x Pandaffodil) and I didn't get an explosive... I know I was supposed to get one because I've bred these two together a few times before.
    I realize it's not a huge problem or anything, but I've already got horrible luck mining and not getting any explosives definitely doesn't help.

Fashion Designer
    I have noticed this as well. By chance did you get the dreaded 3hr egg? I don't recall getting an explosive if it is the Rat...err Ferret.

New Resident
    Haha yes, unfortunately this coupling doesn't seem to give me anything but those ferret eggs... But I did get an explosive with every past breeding that resulted in the ferret.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    I'm getting Explosives from breeding this combination. If you're already maxed out on Explosives, you won't be able to receive more until you use them.

New Resident
    That's not a problem for me since I've got none.
    And I just finished another breeding and again, no explosive. =|

Nightclub Owner
    I think you get the explosives when you move them from the den to the nest not when the breeding is finished.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

New Resident
    I know that, but I've already finished two breedings and hatched their eggs without ever receiving an explosive.

Rhino Keeper
    Same thing has been happening to me too, but I just assumed that getting explosives was a random chance, not guaranteed for every time you bred.

New Resident
    Oh really? I just assumed the explosives were guaranteed since I got them from my first few breedings, but maybe you're right!

Executive Chef
    I think it's guaranteed if your breeding is over 5 hrs. The max explosive you can have is 15
    "Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."