Thread: Decorations

Farm Supplier

Decorations

So as of now, Fantasy Forest only has one decoration. I am curious as to what any of you out there would like to see added into the game.

I played DS many years ago, (that makes me sound so old, LOL) and I remember a lantern-like decoration I especially liked. Are there any decorations that you would like to see in-game?

More decorations would also make storage more valued by players, I would think.
    Last edited by Snowfall0; 08-07-14 at 05:14 PM.

Executive Chef
    I'd love to see some trees and flowers. It IS called Fantasy FOREST, so a nice variety of trees would make sense (thinking of how many types of trees there are in Castle Story - but there are already, on the various islands, a lot of nice trees already designed in this game - just put a price tag on them and let us have 'em!). And now that you mention lanterns, that sounds like it could be really pretty too. Maybe a fountain. A second type of path, a fancier one.

Whatever the decorations, until/unless it becomes less prohibitively expensive to expand, and we get more spaces we are allowed to expand to, all decorations should be 1 square each. Later, when we have tons of available space, some big 2x2 decorations would be nice. But now they'd be frustrating to try to fit. Also, some quests regarding placing decorations when they are rolled out would be great.

I would LOVE if we could build bridges between the islands. Especially when more than 2 islands are available to us. Like the paths, I envision an inexpensive one, like a rope bridge, and a pricier fancier one, like a finished wooden plank arch bridge with a filigreed metal handrail.

Most importantly, since 99% of us don't even have half the animals possible to breed yet, even those of us who started when the game was released, I would REALLY hope they work on getting us some decorations BEFORE they continue to expand the number of types of animals. Let us catch up a little bit first before that, and give us something to do during the too-long ? typically 9+ hours ? breeding / incubating times.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 08-06-14 at 11:16 AM. Reason: correcting grammar

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I'd love to see some trees and flowers. It IS called Fantasy FOREST, so a nice variety of trees would make sense (thinking of how many types of trees there are in Castle Story - but there are already, on the various islands, a lot of nice trees already designed in this game - just put a price tag on them and let us have 'em!). And now that you mention lanterns, that sounds like it could be really pretty too. Maybe a fountain. A second type of path, a fancier one.

Whatever the decorations, until/unless it becomes less prohibitively expensive to expand, and we get more spaces we are allowed to expand to, all decorations should be 1 square each. Later, when we have tons of available space, some big 2x2 decorations would be nice. But now they'd be frustrating to try to fit. Also, some quests regarding placing decorations when they are rolled out would be great.

I would LOVE if we could build bridges between the islands. Especially when more than 2 islands are available to us. Like the paths, I envision an inexpensive one, like a rope bridge, and a pricier fancier one, like a finished wooden plank arch bridge with a filigreed metal handrail.

Most importantly, since 99% of us don't even have half the animals possible to breed yet, even those of us who started when the game was released, I would REALLY hope they work on getting us some decorations BEFORE they continue to expand the number of types of animals. Let us catch up a little bit first before that, and give us something to do during the too-long ? typically 9+ hours ? breeding / incubating times.
    This is the second time I'm suggesting this, but a butterfly garden would be great. With little butterflies flying around, and it costs COINS.
    Hello! I play Dragon Story, Fantasy Forest Story, and Home Design Story. Add me at benjessie on either game!

I would love bushes and swings
    A great idea would be customisable decor like make your own path or change the colour of something

Farm Supplier
    There are some great ideas here. I would love to see any of these in-game.
    Yes, I do have to agree that getting more decorations before new animals would be better. Otherwise, I would quickly get overwhelmed :P

Fashion Designer
    Hah! Decorations? To go where? I'd like to see some SPACE!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Yes, as much as I'd love to see some nice decorations, I just realized that once the 180,000 thicket is removed from the last space I "opened", there is currently only one other available to expand to. So... I can fit 2 more habitats. Though at my level, I can technically have 4 more, there is not ROOM for 4 more even with maximum expansions.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Exactly! I spent sooo much time trying to figure out how to use my space as efficiently as possible (and am quite happy now, I have a total of only 8 empty squares that can't be used). I would never waste space on decorations now that I reached the expansion limit

I completely agree with the sentiment about lack of space. Though, I'm actually kind of grateful I'm beginning the game while it's building. I tried joining Dragon Story due to the hype I was reading on this forum, and I don't find it nearly as enjoyable. This game is forcing me to thing more strategically with time, coins and gems. And, a lot of that, is due to being here so early on in game inception.

Farm Supplier
    I totally ignored decorations in DS until I reached a ridiculously high level and was rolling in coins. Then I had plenty of space.

I'll probably do the same thing with Fantasy Forest. In DS, I just bought them to fill up those annoying gaps in between my habitats that I couldn't get rid of :/