Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Plans to Buy Big Water/Dark/Gemstone Habitats?

Farm Supplier
    well... I just ran into another issue that may cause me to rethink my strategy: I just expanded to the 4th square of the frost island (I've alredy expanded to all squares in the main island) and I can't expand any further at the moment. I'm not sure if I need a higher level (25 at the moment - i have to get back to my real life soon anyway...) or if that is the current limit of the game, no matter which level you are at.

but now that my space is even more limited than before, I might rethink my strategy and buy more expensive habitats. or maybe a second grand farm and invest all my coins into food. that's too bad, I was expecting to be able to expand much further

Farm Supplier
    The big gem grove is no way. Just no.

Fashion Designer
    Here's another way of looking at it. From a small to a big habitat, the increase in animal capacity is always 50% (from 2 animals to 3). So for any upgrade to provide a collection boost, the increase in coin capacity needs to be much more than 50%.
    Big Water Way offers a 100% increase (from 5,000 coins to 10,000).
    Big Dark Cove offers a 50% increase ( from 10,000 coins to 15,000).
    Big Gem Grove offers a 60% increase (from 50,000 coins to 80,000).
    Only the Big Water Way significantly extends the habitat's fill-up time. The other two will fill up as quickly with 3 animals in them as the small ones do with 2 animals (assuming animals of equal incomes).
    Even if their prices were slashed to 25% of the current price tag, I would still have trouble seeing the value of a Big Dark Cove or Big Gem Grove.

These may be an option for me late, late, late in the game when I've developed a prosperous enterprise after adding Gem-Earth, Gem-Water and Gem-Dark hybrids to my forest. Hah!

Executive Chef
    I keep holding out on buying a Big Water Way's price to go down. I need to hold more water creatures but I got burned buying Water Ways when they were disproportionately expensive at 27,000 coins and then they went down to 8,000 coins after I bought them. I keep thinking the disproportionate price on the Big Water Way will come down as well. But it doesn't seem to be doing so.

The prices are
    for: fire - nature - earth - water
    small - 200 - 550 - 1000 - 8000
    big - 10k - 36k - 43k - 520k

It's a HUGE jump for the big water way still even though the little one's price makes sense now. Put another way, the little water way costs 8x what the little earth plateau costs. But the big water is 12x the earth's cost. It would make SO much more sense if it were 344,000 - 8x the price of the earth, the same price ratio as the small ones. Or even go by the ratio of the little water costs 40x the little fire. The big water at 40x the big fire would be 400,000. 520,000 is just TOO MUCH, and out of line with everything else IMO.

And I'm probably going to give in and buy one soon anyway... so everyone else wait a couple days. The price is SURE to go down AFTER I fork over all the dough, lol. Just like with the little water way.

Farm Supplier
    I changed my mind and bought one, just because I ran out of things to do and to complete the water goal. So maybe you are lucky and this time it will go down after I bought it instead of you

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hansmolln View Post
    I changed my mind and bought one, just because I ran out of things to do and to complete the water goal. So maybe you are lucky and this time it will go down after I bought it instead of you
    LOL. My coin balance reached 7 digits yesterday for the first time. I toyed with the idea of buying a Big Dark Cove only because I could. But I'm so cramped for space that I can only fit another big habitat by selling one of my big ones or two of my small ones.
    I bought another Gem Grove instead, because my Gemmies, Darkies, and the drones on my Panda Farm are what's gonna make these luxuries a reality down the road.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    LOL. My coin balance reached 7 digits yesterday for the first time. I toyed with the idea of buying a Big Dark Cove only because I could. But I'm so cramped for space that I can only fit another big habitat by selling one of my big ones or two of my small ones.
    I bought another Gem Grove instead, because my Gemmies, Darkies, and the drones on my Panda Farm are what's gonna make these luxuries a reality down the road.

I saw your panda and crystal farm I think you might be able to at least upgrade one of your smaller habitats and fit more on your island than you think, the layout just needs a little bit of tinkering. You could e.g. sell your small farms temporarily (or have a look if all your habitats are full and there is a smaller one that you could sell?) , then you would have more space to move everything around (because for a big rearrangement you need at least one empty spot) and then you could figure out a more effective way to use your space. I did the same thing and found room for at least one or even two additional habitats. We're neighbours, you can have a look if you want to. It's "HappyPets".

I think I'll next save up money for the dark cove but I will have to sell my big earth habitat to make space. I'll probably have to sell some duplicates and do a lot of moving animals around between habitats before I can do that. Things would be easier if we could put everything into storage...
    Last edited by hansmolln; 08-09-14 at 08:16 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Are these critter homes in your budget?

Big Water Way costs 520,000 coins. Holds 3 animals with capacity of 10,000 coins.

Big Dark Cove costs 900,000 coins. Holds 3 animals with capacity of 15,000 coins.

Big Gem Grove costs 6,100,000 coins. Holds 3 animals with capacity of 80,000 coins.

That's one helluva real estate market! So what do you say? Some day? Or no way?
    Well, I've already bought a big dark & big water (had to for goals) but now the prices have dropped! I want a refund!

Executive Chef
    Unless they open a TON of new expansions, I (and most players who want to maximize their number of animals) won't be buying any more big habitats any time soon, so it's kinda moot.

Rhino Keeper
    In the distant future. You have to make a living to get one of those. Study hard, my animals! And later, you will get your reward! .

BTW, SANDSCApe, teach me your ways of taming an unicorn, oh great master. *Bows to you*
    Last edited by JeannesThinkin; 08-27-14 at 07:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast