Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Emerald dragon, gem and nature hybrid

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hansmolln View Post
    That could be me. I had nothing else to do anymore so I was doing my best to convert my island into a coin making machine while waiting for new updates. I had missed the early unicorn glitch and had been on Level 30 for quite a while when I finally got my unicorn so I guess I went a little crazy when I finally got it.

I didn't want to ruin the fun for anyone else though! I know how frustrating the wait for the unicorn was for me and the emeralds at least made up for that. Everyone else should have had the same experience. I was not planning to breed any new emeralds but I'm glad they changed it at least from 5 to 1 hour, they still need to fix the gem cost though!
    I am possibly one of the most upset at the change, if for no other reason than the timing. If I had altered my timeline slightly, I probably woukd have made it just under the wire, but having bred similar dragons on DS, I planned to do it Friday night while watching a movie with my sweetie. Alas they changed it mere hours earlier and it was not to be.

That said, I in no way blame you or any other player. If you had the perseverence/gems/luck to breed an entire island full of them, that would be your right to do so. Probably the reason players have focussed on breeding them is like you said, to make plenty of coins for food, expansions, habitats, etc.

And, like you said, we should all have the same opportunity. TL has heard us, but instead of responding by making it right, they have responded by making it slightly less wrong.

C'mon TL, you clearly realize it wasn't to your benefit to keep things where you put it, but why not just reverse your decision & put thngs right? It might mess with your numbers slightly (animal proportion-wise) but it will probably be worth it to your bottom line just to put things back.

To be brutally honest, I don't particularly like the Emerald. I do, however, need it to earn a few more coins for food, expansions, habitat purchases, etc. Equal treatment for all, TL!!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Yes, my second one was from EmeraldDragon-Panda. (See the Breeding Garden picture above.) I'll be going for a 3rd one today since I now have the gems to speed the parent back home.

4 best* possible pairs for Emerald Dragon:
    1. Crystal Unicorn & Pandaffodil
    2. Emerald Dragon & Pandaffodil
    3. Crystal Unicorn & Emerald Dragon
    4. Emerald Dragon & Emerald Dragon

*It is also possible from pairing either Crystal Unicorn or Emerald Dragon with ANY Nature hybrid, but that would introduce fails longer than the 20-second Pandas.
    Okay will try it out once my second crystal is done.
    I do not want to expedite as there is nothing much to do.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hansmolln View Post
    That could be me. I had nothing else to do anymore so I was doing my best to convert my island into a coin making machine while waiting for new updates. I had missed the early unicorn glitch and had been on Level 30 for quite a while when I finally got my unicorn so I guess I went a little crazy when I finally got it.

I didn't want to ruin the fun for anyone else though! I know how frustrating the wait for the unicorn was for me and the emeralds at least made up for that. Everyone else should have had the same experience. I was not planning to breed any new emeralds but I'm glad they changed it at least from 5 to 1 hour, they still need to fix the gem cost though!
    Don't worry dear, I didn't mean nothing bad about you! Like i said it's not for players to blame, it's the game that was set up like that at first and then changed so dramatically that it made the gap between those who have a bunch of dragons and those who have zero even worse.

Back to the subject, one hour is better then five but it would be nice to change the things as they were in the first place and make no such difference anymore.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Regina View Post
    Hi! The breeding time has been changed to 1 hour.
    Users BEWARE. It may be 1 HOUR, but it takes FIVE gems to speed through! I am so sick of this!

Rhino Keeper
    Three days of trying, with nights off to earn some coins at least, yo no success. I just want one, that's all and some people have 5+? I wish I'd managed to breed the crystal unicorn before this one hour breed time was introduced. It is taking forever.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by blinvy2 View Post
    Three days of trying, with nights off to earn some coins at least, yo no success. I just want one, that's all and some people have 5+? I wish I'd managed to breed the crystal unicorn before this one hour breed time was introduced. It is taking forever.
    Oh, dear! I wish you good luck!

Fashion Designer
    So the battle tournament started today, and since it is an hourly thing, I thought I would come back to trying for Emerald, despite my irritation at the hour long panda fail.

Imagine my surprise when after getting one Panda & putting the same pair together again, I GOT 45 HOURS!!!!!
    I am so happy. :-)

I still think it should be changed back to the twenty seconds it started out as, but I am glad I don't have to worry about how/when/if *I* will be able to get it.

For anybody else still trying for it, I wish you the best of luck and if you haven't considered it, breeding for it during this battle tournament might be a good use of your time. Maximize the tournament participation AND attempts at Emerald all at once. Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Congrats! That's wonderful.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    So the battle tournament started today, and since it is an hourly thing, I thought I would come back to trying for Emerald, despite my irritation at the hour long panda fail.

Imagine my surprise when after getting one Panda & putting the same pair together again, I GOT 45 HOURS!!!!!
    I am so happy. :-)

I still think it should be changed back to the twenty seconds it started out as, but I am glad I don't have to worry about how/when/if *I* will be able to get it.

For anybody else still trying for it, I wish you the best of luck and if you haven't considered it, breeding for it during this battle tournament might be a good use of your time. Maximize the tournament participation AND attempts at Emerald all at once. Good luck!
    That's pretty smart. If you're not in a hurry for any other breed, just sync up your Emerald attempt with your Tournament round. Come back every hour and try again. Battle. Hatch. Breed. (And maybe plant cherries if you have Grand farms.)

Congratulations, InfiniteLove!
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    Oh, dear! I wish you good luck!
    Thank you and congrats to you for your emerald. It's the strategy I was going with but I got bored of it and tried for something else. I put daredevil and grassquatch together and got a 22 hour breed time. Not sure what that is but I hope it's good.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast