Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Emerald dragon, gem and nature hybrid

Fashion Designer
    Urg! I just started my mission to get this emerald dragon, since I just hatched & evolved my unicorn. Imagine my surprise when I got not 30 seconds, not 45 hours, but a 5 hour dragon. Seriously?!? What is this?!?!?!?

I'll be back to update when I know what the egg is, but if it isn't emerald dragon, I am going to be very upset! (Not keeping my hopes up!)

I really hope this is a mistake, and temporary & not a deliberate change... unless of course the change is that Emerald dragon only takes five hours. That'd be acceptable. ;-)

edit: it was a 5 hour pandaffodil. Really not happy about this. Hope it is a glitch & that it will be fixed ASAP
    Last edited by infinitelove19; 08-25-14 at 07:03 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    Urg! I just started my mission to get this emerald dragon, since I just hatched & evolved my unicorn. Imagine my surprise when I got not 30 seconds, not 45 hours, but a 5 hour dragon. Seriously?!? What is this?!?!?!?

I'll be back to update when I know what the egg is, but if it isn't emerald dragon, I am going to be very upset! (Not keeping my hopes up!)

I really hope this is a mistake, and temporary & not a deliberate change... unless of course the change is that Emerald dragon only takes five hours. That'd be acceptable. ;-)

edit: it was a 5 hour pandaffodil. Really not happy about this. Hope it is a glitch & that it will be fixed ASAP
    So, the official word on the new 5-hour breed time for a pandaffodil (when trying for Emerald) is that this change was made on purpose to 'maintain the balance of ultra-rares.' So if you have yet to breed this dragon or are contemplating another be aware of this. Not happy! :-(

Yep..seems totally right..that the company is going go punish those of us who haven't even gotten a unicorn if we ever do get one because some people had to brag about their 15th emerald....

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    So, the official word on the new 5-hour breed time for a pandaffodil (when trying for Emerald) is that this change was made on purpose to 'maintain the balance of ultra-rares.' So if you have yet to breed this dragon or are contemplating another be aware of this. Not happy! :-(
    What utter nonsense! If they wanted to throw in a spoiler (as they have in other breeding games with this same situation), the least they could have done is CREATE an actual 5-hour pure Nature breed. But perhaps they don't feel the need for such pretenses here.

TeamLava is always talking about "balance." That seems to be the standard euphemism for sticking it to the players. It's anybody's guess what they could possibly mean by "maintain the balance of ultra-rares" when there are only two of them so far in the game.

The consequences of their choice to make the first ultra hybrid a Nature breed should have been obvious. How could they not have foreseen a proliferation of Emerald Dragons?
    Even so, there's really no need for any spoiler because:

1. TL already has the power to limit the odds of breeding either of the two ultras, especially the Unicorn.
    2. The 90-hour ordeal of breeding and hatching an Emerald is enough to limit how many a player will create.
    3. With 41 unique creatures, and a 31-habitat limit that most players cant find space to build, there isn't room to really go crazy with Emeralds.

Okay, so maybe a handful of players DID go crazy. But couldn't TeamLava simply cap the number of Emeralds a single player could breed; or the number of Gem Groves per forest? Why ruin it for those trying to breed their first one after finally getting a Unicorn? This is just foul.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticfrost View Post
    Yep..seems totally right..that the company is going go punish those of us who haven't even gotten a unicorn if we ever do get one because some people had to brag about their 15th emerald....
    15th Emerald?!! LOL. I must have missed that delightful piece of madness. Who on earth did THAT? I checked the prime suspects and couldn't find anything like that.

I thought 3 Emeralds were enough, along with 1 Unicorn.
    Also Anayuszko (who had contemplated going for at least 7, but instead turned his/her ZX71 forest into the DARKEST, scariest money machine of them all): 3 Emeralds & 1 Unicorn.
    Even Dragonloona (who bred 7 Unicorns and sold 4), finally settled down to 3 Emeralds & 3 Unicorns.
    And MikeMike28 added just 1 Emerald to 5 Unicorns.
    Seems like it's the excess Unicorns who needed a balance pill for some people, no?
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    15th Emerald?!! LOL. I must have missed that delightful piece of madness. Who on earth did THAT? I checked the prime suspects and couldn't find anything like that.

Also Anayuszko (who had contemplated going for at least 7, but instead turned his/her ZX71 forest into the DARKEST, scariest money machine of them all): 3 Emeralds & 1 Unicorn.
    Even Dragonloona (who bred 7 Unicorns and sold 4), finally settled down to 3 Emeralds & 3 Unicorns.
    Seems like it's the excess Unicorns who needed a balance pill for some people, no?
    Yup I stopped at 3. Planned to have more but instead I turned to complete my album (which I did not succeed yet).

But let me say some comments. I was wondering why crystal unicorn seem to be so "easy" in Fantasy forest, compairing to Dragon Strory's diamond dragon. There, in DS, there are about a dozen ppl who succeeded their diamond dragon under lvl 30. Also, still there are hundreds of players playing more than 2 years, already reached lvl 150, over about 2000 or so attempt on diamond and still not having it. Here, a few ppl complaining not having unicorn after a dozen or so tries. The "normal" would be if only 3-4 ppl of the whole community could reach unicorn so far. And I see that about every 2nd or 3rd ppl have it.

Almost every day somebody posts that he/she could breed crystal unicorn.
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Fashion Designer
    Something we can do:

The point of this wasted breeding is to show solidarity and support for those players who are now being deliberately thwarted in their efforts to breed an Emerald Dragon.

They have persisted through countless fails to produce a Crystal Unicorn. Now they must now endure the unnecessary insult of a 5-hour Pandaffodil breeding, added to the injury of losing out on 5 gems or 5 hours worth of Unicorn income to produce a worthless 20-second egg.

If YOU have more than one ultra-rare in your forest, join me in this protest. Keep your Unicorn and Frostfang out of their habitats by putting them on strike in the Breeding Garden, where TeamLava has maliciously polluted the Gem-Nature breeding pool.

Post a pic here of your Gem-Water breeding and email it to Support@TeamLava.com with a demand for a fair solution to their ultra-rarity problem.

Don't be discouraged, friends. Some day, there may be an ultra-rare Gem-Water hybrid. And even a pack of rabid Frostfangs won't discourage you from breeding it.

Fashion Designer

I have a neighbor with 9 emerald dragons so its not like everyone stopped at 3. Cant blame them though, but team lava, yes, for this nonsense. How can you be so unfair to your customers?

Hi! The breeding time has been changed to 1 hour.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    I have a neighbor with 9 emerald dragons so its not like everyone stopped at 3. Cant blame them though, but team lava, yes, for this nonsense. How can you be so unfair to your customers?

That could be me. I had nothing else to do anymore so I was doing my best to convert my island into a coin making machine while waiting for new updates. I had missed the early unicorn glitch and had been on Level 30 for quite a while when I finally got my unicorn so I guess I went a little crazy when I finally got it.

I didn't want to ruin the fun for anyone else though! I know how frustrating the wait for the unicorn was for me and the emeralds at least made up for that. Everyone else should have had the same experience. I was not planning to breed any new emeralds but I'm glad they changed it at least from 5 to 1 hour, they still need to fix the gem cost though!
    Last edited by hansmolln; 08-28-14 at 09:27 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast