Thread: Bollywood mannequin identity

Executive Chef
    central california where theres droughts and fires

Bollywood mannequin identity

So I was browsing the images for some clothes to suggest here and omg I found the Bollywood mannequin we have at fashion story!! I so wish we could've got the clothes for our avatar girls!

Last edited by aiyoosha; 08-01-14 at 10:10 PM.
    I'm aishas boutique on fashion story, I'm also on bakery story and restaurant story.

Fashion Designer
    Wow, great find!
    I wish we ha access to these items for our avatars as well, and as a catalogue. Love them!

total match! even the model. I always thought it was a bit strange that the mannequin didn't look indian.

This is Priyanka Chopra, a very famous Bollywood actor and former Miss World

It's the mainstream stereotype I was referring to. No doubt there's plenty of pure breed, high society Indians with white(ned) skin and a lifetime aversion to sunlight... but this isn't the mainstream Indian look most people are used to (dark skin, etc). She looks down right Caucasian, or at least mixed in the photo. Millions more Indians would see that mannequin and think that looks nothing like me and my friends (although I'm sure some of those would also wish they looked like that).

Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    It's the mainstream stereotype I was referring to. No doubt there's plenty of pure breed, high society Indians with white(ned) skin and a lifetime aversion to sunlight... but this isn't the mainstream Indian look most people are used to (dark skin, etc). She looks down right Caucasian, or at least mixed in the photo. Millions more Indians would see that mannequin and think that looks nothing like me and my friends (although I'm sure some of those would also wish they looked like that).
    That's true..but the pic is taken at a fashion show and maybe that's why she looks white(ish) whereas she has a very lovely Indian dusky skin tone..also Indians have a whole range of skin colours..this is not an unnatural tone for an Indian..

True, could be lighting, makeup, photoshop or any number of enhancements. She is a gorgeous Indian model and I see many other pictures where she looks more closer to the stereotype of Indian than Caucasian.