Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Air Balloon (iOS only)

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    I would guess they are not saying because they don't know. The whole point of Beta testing is to try something out and make changes if necessary.

Beta testing in Dragon story of new features has taken months.
    FYI every SDLC has a planned schedule. It will be ridiculous if TL doesn't know. Since there aren't major issues here, the implementation timing should be according to plan. It would be nice if TL advises us on planned release date (subjected to changes to be fair to them).
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-28-14 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Typo

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    FYI every SDLC has a planned schedule. It will be ridiculous if TL doesn't know. Since there isn't major issues here, the implementation timing should be according to plan. It would be nice if TL advise us on planned release date (subjected to changes to be fair to them).
    An estimated release date (subjected to changes) would be most appreciated!
    Any information would be gratefully received TL

Farm Supplier
    I'm a bit amazed at the lack of a nice response from our moderators, even though we have asked politely for some kind of reply. Please at least give us hope Thank you

Farm Supplier
    I haven't expanded to the balloon yet.

With everyone here who has expanded, it seems the feedback isn't that great.

Your advice: should I even bother using my 17x3 papers to expand to the balloon or should I use my papers to expand my farm instead? What would you have done if you had to do it over again?

I agree with one member who pointed out that she is collecting enough tickets for the gold box... And will be SEVERELY disappointed if all she gets are some pick axes. Apparently the prizes are random, but it seems like a lot of work to take a chance on a few gems when you could just be stuck with some mining tools. Not impressed.

Host(ess)
    If I may bring some updated understanding, which was already explained in the previous posting,
    ALL MINING TOOLS HAD ALREADY BEEN REMOVED from the GOLD BOX.

I like to compliment TL who listened to the many valuable feedback received and they responded to them positively.
    I'm referring to this particular issue on prize grouping, understand there's other pending issues they needed more time to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Doncourt View Post

Your advice: should I even bother using my 17x3 papers to expand to the balloon or should I use my papers to expand my farm instead? What would you have done if you had to do it over again?

I agree with one member who pointed out that she is collecting enough tickets for the gold box... And will be SEVERELY disappointed if all she gets are some pick axes. Apparently the prizes are random, but it seems like a lot of work to take a chance on a few gems when you could just be stuck with some mining tools. Not impressed.
    Last edited by integra77; 09-02-14 at 02:00 AM.

Grand Emperor

If I were you, I would expand the farm and the balloon last of all. But it's just me.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    If I were you, I would expand the farm and the balloon last of all. But it's just me.
    I agree, the balloon is just a way of giving away $$$$$ for the chance of getting fancy decorations.

Executive Chef

I wouldn't bother expanding there. It's not worth doing......or they have a lot of work they need to do on it first

I had about 6 trades turn up in a row asking for gold, I didn't send it. The last 7 balloons have asked for herbs.....one has just arrived now, let me see what it wants - herbs again. That's 8 in a row I am not sending. Herbs are a precious resource and needed a lot for trains/jelly maker so I am not giving them up for the balloon.

Regardless of what items it wants, the cost of doing the trade is no way reflected in the prizes being offered.

I am level 49 and each balloon requires 2000 to 2400 coins but the price that the balloon gives you for the items is less than half what you could sell in the market. So each balloon would cost me about 5000 coins.

I need to do 45 balloons for the big prize, so that will cost me 225,000 coins.

225,000 coins will get me the big prize of the bird bath and I have got two of those already. The other prizes are just decorations some of which you may already have. There is also a chance you could get 10 gems as a prize.

Now with 225,000 coins I reckon I could probably do about 20 train deliveries, perhaps more and can would earn me at least 100 gems.

So the balloon is not worth it. I would say only expand there if you have nothing else left to expand to.

I think the idea behind the balloon is good and could be fun fulfilling if it was worth doing and they could sort out the issue of repeated items being requested but for the coin investment of 225k to get 45 tickets, then the prize would need to be something of value.

I would say something like a pet which was not available anywhere else in the market. If that was a guaranteed reward, then that would be an incentive to complete all the trades.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    I wouldn't bother expanding there. It's not worth doing......or they have a lot of work they need to do on it first

I had about 6 trades turn up in a row asking for gold, I didn't send it. The last 7 balloons have asked for herbs.....one has just arrived now, let me see what it wants - herbs again. That's 8 in a row I am not sending. Herbs are a precious resource and needed a lot for trains/jelly maker so I am not giving them up for the balloon.

Regardless of what items it wants, the cost of doing the trade is no way reflected in the prizes being offered.

I am level 49 and each balloon requires 2000 to 2400 coins but the price that the balloon gives you for the items is less than half what you could sell in the market. So each balloon would cost me about 5000 coins.

I need to do 45 balloons for the big prize, so that will cost me 225,000 coins.

225,000 coins will get me the big prize of the bird bath and I have got two of those already. The other prizes are just decorations some of which you may already have. There is also a chance you could get 10 gems as a prize.

Now with 225,000 coins I reckon I could probably do about 20 train deliveries, perhaps more and can would earn me at least 100 gems.

So the balloon is not worth it. I would say only expand there if you have nothing else left to expand to.

I think the idea behind the balloon is good and could be fun fulfilling if it was worth doing and they could sort out the issue of repeated items being requested but for the coin investment of 225k to get 45 tickets, then the prize would need to be something of value.

I would say something like a pet which was not available anywhere else in the market. If that was a guaranteed reward, then that would be an incentive to complete all the trades.
    Thanks for the advice everyone! Now that I understand how the balloon works and how much money it takes for the chance at prizes I probably already have, I'll hold off on expanding there.

At least with the train, you know what you're getting - either two or five gems depending on whether you can fill it up.

Add me if you'd like! User name Doncourt.

Thanks!

Farm Supplier
    Though I understand all the apparent imperfections in the balloon expansion , I truly wish I had it....storing things for it cuts down on my storage, since there are no land expansions allowed at this time. Whether or not I use the balloon makes no difference to me, I really think TL will straighten things out hopefully a little bit,at least , to keep the players happy. I think it can be fun if all the recommendations to make the game more fair and more fun are listened to by TL. So, I'm hoping the moderators or TL will release this to those of us who don't have it......let the players decide to do it or not do it.

Thank you��