Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Obstacles

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    Thank you. Your is great as well )

I am not planning to build the 31th habitat (for record or something), now I am pleased with my ones. What I am currently planning (in case we dont have a big update or many expansions, which may turn my plans away) that I want to change the south-west layout from dark-water habitats to dark-gem ones (which requires building 4 more gem habs and selling water ones), and to breed at least 4 more emerald dragons. But first I want to complete my album if I can and not breeding any more emerald (because of its time consuming "price").

I enjoy FS now much more than DS
    Dude! "Breed at least 4 more Emerald Dragons"? "4 more gem habs"?
    STOP!!!
    When they introduce other gem hybrids, we are going to cry long tears about having to sell our precious "emmies", and NOBODY is going to feel sorry for us. LOL
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    I edited the OP to include some of the newer information but I missed a few in the middle - can anyone find the info on the prices and names, and times if possible, on the obstacles on the expansions to the lightning leopard, and the next 3 available expansions? I am afraid I did did not keep notes on those. But I would like this thread to be thorough.

Fashion Designer
    Lower Ice Cliff Plots 1-6:
    (1-3 are from right to left; 4-6 are from left to right. This is how they originally unlocked. Players who expand to this cliff after Aug 27 will have more flexibility in direction.)

Plot 1. Frozen Fir (25K) x 1; Seeping Cedar (2500) x 2; Mushy Bush (1250) x 2. Total of 32.5K coins to clear.
    Plot 2. Frozen Fir (25K) x 2; Seeping Cedar (2500) x 1; Mushy Bush (1250) x 2. Total of 55K coins to clear.
    Plot 3. Frozen Fir (25K) x 3; Seeping Cedar (2500) x 1; Mushy Bush (1250) x 2. Total of 80K coins to clear.
    (I don't have clearance times for the above trees.)
    Plot 4. Radiating Rock (100K coins & 21.7 hours) x 1
    Plot 5. Burdening Birches (90K coins & 25 hours) x 1
    Plot 6. Harmful Hemlocks (450K coins & 33.3 hours) x 1
    Note that Plot 4 may have one or two trees to clear along with the major obstacle noted.

Plot 7 is the Lightning Leopard expansion with no obstacles to clear.
    Plots 7-13 of the Lower Ice Cliff are covered in the Lightning Animals/Expansions 8-28-14 thread.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer

Expansion Costs (Individualized)

The cost to expand is not fixed to any specific plot. The first five expansions are in an assigned order on the first Green Cliff. Your 6th expansion will offer you more than one plot to choose from and you can opt to skip Plots 6-9 on the Green Cliff and move on to the Ice Cliff. Track your expansions by counting the plots you have already explored (even if they are not cleared).
    Note that the first 11 plots on the Green Cliff did not require expansion, so don't count those.

Expansion costs are as follows:
    Everybody's 1st: 0 Runes & 1K coins
    Everybody's 2nd: 0 Runes & 10K coins
    Everybody's 3rd: 0 Runes & 20K coins
    Everybody's 4th & 5th: 2 Runes & 25K coins & 5 minutes
    YOUR 6th & 7th: 4 Runes & 30K coins & 20 minutes
    YOUR 8th & 9th: 6 Runes & 40K coins & 1 hour
    YOUR 10th & 11th: 8 Runes & 50K coins & 2 hours
    YOUR 12th & 13th: 10 Runes & 100K coins & 3 hours
    YOUR 14th & 15th: 12 Runes & 200K coins & 4 hours
    YOUR 16th & 17th: 14 Runes & 500K coins & 5 hours
    YOUR 18th & 19th: 16 Runes & 1M coins & 6 hours
    YOUR 20th & 21st: 18 Runes & 1M coins & 7 hours
    YOUR 22nd & 23rd: 20 Runes & 1M coins & 8 hours
    I have done 22 expansions so don't know the cost of the 24th one yet. But we can see a clear pattern.

Players who skipped the last 4 plots on the Green Cliff could expand to the Lightning Leopard for as little as 8 Runes & 50K coins in 2 hours, if that was only their 10th expansion. Those who had already expanded 15 plots by the time the Lightning expansion opened would pay 14 Runes & 500K coins with a longer wait. Ultimately, all progress comes at the same cumulative cost. Skip smartly if/when you can!

Executive Chef
    I created a new map legend and list in the OP including the info I have up to this point:
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    EDIT: Here is the list I am putting together of the hidden cost for expansions once you have unearthed (pun intended) the mine. Because they get VERY expensive, I thought people who scrimped and saved and bombed to get expansions might find it helpful to know which have more or less "Hidden Costs" than the others to make actually usable.

Thanks to igames4me for the image I used to make this chart. Following are all the "Hidden Costs" (in coins) for expansion:

Island 1, after expanding to mine:
    1. Sinkstones: 18,000
    2. Siphoning Cypress: 30,000
    3. Toxic Sycamores: 45,000
    4. Poisonous Pumice: 90,00
    5. Wicked Thicket: 100,000
    6. Immovable Rock 180,000

Island 2:
    1) Various obstacles totaling 27,500
    2) Various obstacles totaling 55,000
    3) Various obstacles totaling 80,000
    4) Radiating Rock 100,000
    5) Unlock electric animals and habitats, receive "free" Lightning Leopard and Electric Enclave on that square.
    6) 1,250 + 2,000 + 25,000 obstacles + Radiating Rock (100,000 2x2 and 21:40) = 128,250
    7) 100,000 rock + 250,000 Fail Shale (33:20) = 350,000
    8) 2 Fail Shales = 500,000
    9) 1 Frozen Fir (25,000) + 3 Fail Shales (250,000). Total = 775,000.
    Expanding here opens the first square of Island 3 (#10 on my legend map).
    A) Burdening Birches (25:00): 90,000
    B) Harmful Hemlocks (33:20): 450,000
    C) 2 Fail Shales + 1 Radiating Rock. Total = 600,000
    D) 1 Fail Shale + 1 Harmful Hemlocks. Total = 700,000

Island 3:
    10) 1 Radiating Rock (100,000 2x2) + 3 Fail Shales (250,000). Total = 850,000
    E) 1 Harmful Hemlock + at least 2 Fail Shales. Total = at least 950,000
    F) unknown

NOTE: On islands 2 and 3, where I numbered plots, you must expand here in order to unlock other expansions. The lettered plots are more what I'd call optional... however in some cases they may be preferable to continuing on the numbered path for cost efficiency. E.g. unless you are itching to get a foothold on Island 3, taking the path of 8-C-D-9 before expanding there is the cheaper route.

Thanks to SANDScape and Anyuszko for info on the expansions beyond the lightning leopard square.

I will continue to update as folks provide more, and/or corrections.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 09-09-14 at 11:47 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I'm chuckling at myself as I look at the above map. Of COURSE I had to go 8-9-10-E, because I guess I had that itch Zenobia's talking about. Now I'm dying for some antihistamine ointment. It's prickly up there!

Actually, once you're done with 7, you may as well double back and expand A & B, if you skipped them. As expensive as they are, they are still more affordable than 8, C, D, & 9.

Every new expense is shocking ... until you encounter what comes later. LOL
    Last edited by SANDSCApe; 09-09-14 at 03:25 PM.

Executive Chef
    Expansion "F" (on Sand's pic, see above): 2 radiating rocks and 4 fail shades, a total of 1.2mill to clear.
    Next expansion costs 1mill, 26 runes for me.
    Also you can see the ways for future expands.

Visit my main island: ZX71

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    Expansion "F" (on Sand's pic, see above): 2 radiating rocks and 4 fail shades, a total of 1.2mill to clear.
    Next expansion costs 1mill, 26 runes for me.
    Also you can see the ways for future expands.
    (image clipped)
    Thanks, Anyuszko, I'll add that info to my OP.

Also wondering, would it be more clear to everyone out there if I number all of isle 2 with just numbers, in ascending price order? (And quickest/cheapest route from start to getting the lightning leopard.)As in, no A, B, C, D, but re-number it all from 1-13.

Rhino Keeper
    So the one directly north of 10 which is not numbered or lettered, has 4 fail shades (4x250k) and 2 little bushes I forget the name but they were about 2500 a piece ish', sorry I do not remember the exact price. Cleared them right away and didn't pay attention. I have only 5 left on the upper shelf and my next expansion is 1 million and 30 Realm Runes.

I totally agree with zenobia and think the entire thing should be redone with just numbers. Not sure why letters were started there is no rhyme or reason to the system. Nor is it complete as the square I am referencing is not tagged.
    Last edited by Petasos; 09-12-14 at 03:56 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Petasos View Post
    So the one directly north of 10 which is not numbered or lettered, has 4 fail shades (2x250k) and 2 little bushes I forget the name but they were about 2500 a piece ish', sorry I do not remember the exact price. Cleared them right away and didn't pay attention. I have only 5 left on the upper shelf and my next expansion is 1 million and 30 Realm Runes.

I totally agree with zenobia and think the entire thing should be redone with just numbers. Not sure why letters were started there is no rhyme or reason to the system. Nor is it complete as the square I am referencing is not tagged.
    I will re-do with numbers. I was the one who created the graphic in the first place, and when I first did it, A & B were available for expansion but not the lightning leopard spot. Then when that spot and the ton of others opened up, I thought it prudent to make sure people knew that you did not have to expand to A&B despite all their high-level neighbors having done so. They were not necessary to get to the leopard. Then I thought if anything interesting shows up on island 3, the shortest path there is what is most relevant to people and so called C&D "optional" like A&B. Anyway, it did make sense at the time. To me anyway, LOL! I will change all of island 2 to numbers, and in the cheapest to most expensive order, and give island 3 only letters. bbs!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast