Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Obstacles

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    Why can't I expand to this plot?
    I was beginning to wonder if when they said 13 plots it was a typo and they meant 14. Can't wait to see what mystery is hidden there!

Or rather, if it is a new element, I CAN wait. I already can't keep up any more. For like 2 months the number of album holes I had fluctuated between 8 & 10. Nowadays I can't get it below 11-13 though. I do wish they would slow down with the new animals.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    Mine is just full of habitats. Not much room for decoration yet. I love how you decorated yours. I think I'll steal some of your ideas :-)
    Haha you go right ahead :-)
    Main id: squinn1981

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I was beginning to wonder if when they said 13 plots it was a typo and they meant 14. Can't wait to see what mystery is hidden there!

Or rather, if it is a new element, I CAN wait. I already can't keep up any more. For like 2 months the number of album holes I had fluctuated between 8 & 10. Nowadays I can't get it below 11-13 though. I do wish they would slow down with the new animals.
    A new element means a new type of habitat and a bunch of new animals.
    I think we have enough elements lol
    I can't even handle what we got

Executive Chef
    So I'm on my last allowed expansion. I would have loved to have the Christmas habitat but that will mean I will need to sell one of the big farms. I desperately need food for my ultra rares & super rares.
    The Christmas habitat can't even be stored ( which I figured it might be as it is holiday themed and it won't look good in summertime ). So, with that said, I wish Tl will let us know why or when we might get that last plot or a new island for that matter. Or at least make the Halloween & Christmas habitat storable !!

Rhino Keeper
    Digging up this thread because I was musing on these things earlier.

Wow, I am not eager to expand to the other ice islands, but luckily I have the bottom green shelf to finish as well as the new dark/firelands (whatever they're called ahah).

What do you think the advice for newbies should be? Expand green to get frostfang, expand through ice to get lightning leopard. After that I believe the conventional wisdom was to finish off both your starter green island & the big 3x3 ice block, right? Nowadays I think the fire island is a great place to expand since last I checked the obstacles were cheap and go away fast. (That said, most newbies probably won't be unlocking the hareon too soon because 5m treasure is a steep price.) After that I'd probably suggest expanding the bottom green island.

Executive Chef
    Ah, Vodelle, thank you for digging up this thread. I have been meaning to update it with info on the second green island and the 2 purples. I took one step towards that yesterday by visiting neighbors until the habitats started disappearing so as to get screenshots of all the islands clear of everything to put the data on. I'm going to change it to show the total $ and time to remove all obstacles from a square, and put that information directly on each square instead of listing them separately from the images. Anyway, I took the screenshots of empty islands, and I have been taking screenshots to record the obstacles on the green and at least the first 2 purple squares.

Can anyone tell me the $ and time to clear the top green square next to the Treent? I haven't expanded there yet and it would be so nice ot have a map complete through all the green and ice islands at least. I will try to get it up tonight.

Executive Chef
    Don't know if you need this one... Sorry, didn't think about taking a screenshot for the top left corner! It was very similar to this with a couple more obsidians I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	18550

These were all 20 minutes.

Executive Chef
    New obstacles..Basalt Boulder 500,000 ( dark island)

Executive Chef
    So I finally got around to something I've been meaning to do for a while. I missed one square on the lower green island - if anyone could fill in that blank it would be much appreciated.

This is a diagram of the total cost (in coins) to remove all obstacles from each expansion plot. (I missed one square on the lower green island - if anyone could fill in that blank it would be much appreciated. And I need to add the second purple island once I have that info.) This cost is totally independent of the cost to expand to a plot. This is the cost in ADDITION to whatever your expansion cost is which is based solely on how many expansions you've done already (except the treent and hareon plots).

Note that these are the expansions after you expand to Frostfang and the mine. In other words, these are the expansions once you start having a choice of where to expand - before this point, you must expand in a certain order so the prices are moot - you just expand to the next available plot. Also note that the obstacles on the far blue island are not only exceptionally expensive to remove, but most of them take over 33 HOURS to remove as well. I highly recommend those who have the choice expand in this order:
    1. Once the mine has been reached, expand to the 3 squares in a line from the mine going southwest. You need cheap space fast to earn income.
    2. Then skip to the first blue island. It's cheaper than the bottom row on the main island, and if you expand up the left side and across the top, you get the Lightning Leopard - getting that lightning element ASAP is crucial.
    3. Then open up all of the first purple island (with the Hareon).
    4. Then finish off the bottom of the island we start off on.
    5. Then the second green island. I recommend going up the right side of it to the Treent of Life. That way, when you have the 10 million to open that plot, you actually can.
    6. Then fill in the other half of that island and the other half of the first blue island as suits you, and/or in order from least to most expensive.
    7. Don't bother with the top blue island at all until EVERYTHING else has been opened. And be thankful you have the 26 plots on the second green and both purple islands available to you before having to resort to the absolute horror of this island that those of us who were around from the beginning had no choice but to resort to because we didn't have those 26 plots. They opened after we spent weeks and millions per single plot and reached the 70 runes expansion phase. It sux to be us. Be very glad you can expand for much less than half the price we had, and can clear most obstacles in 20 minutes not 33 hours. The top blue island should be avoided until EVERYTHING else has been opened.

Once I fill the holes, and if people find this more helpful than what's in the OP right now I'll update the OP to show this instead.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 04-16-15 at 03:15 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Nice work, Zen!