Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Obstacles

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by samanthaxrose View Post
    Is it only two?? I can't expand beyond 2 more..
    Yep, only 2. For now anyway. It will take me ages to save up enough to clear the Harmful Hemlocks from the second new expansion anyway.

What is the point of supposedly giving us 2 new expansions, finally, then making the one so incredibly expensive AND time-consuming once you've started clearing it, that the vast majority of us will not be able to actually USE the space for a week? Sigh. 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this game.

Executive Chef
    I switched almost all my habitats from big to small ones, filled with duplicates instead of selling them. Got crystal unicorn and then breed 3 emeralds. Now I earn about 700.000 coins a day. It is very important to build your own "money machine" farm. This way, expensive obstacles would be no problem.
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Fashion Designer
    Expansion #14 (5th plot on ice cliff):
    12 runes, 200,000 coins & 4 hours to expand*;
    90,000 coins & 25 hours to clear Burdening Birches (3x3 squares)
    Total cost: 12 runes, 290,000 coins & 29 hours.

Expansion #15 (6th plot on ice cliff):
    12 runes, 200,000 coins & 4 hours to expand*;
    450,000 coins & 33:20 hours to clear Harmful Hemlocks (3x3 squares)
    Total cost: 12 runes, 650,000 coins & 38 hours.

940,000 coins may seem like a great cost to expand and clear 2 plots, but I jumped on them without hesitation. Both clearings are still in progress. When you sit around for a couple weeks, waiting for a badly needed expansion, coins tend to pile up. Now the runes are piling up again because we got two and only two new expansions. Ah well...

*I need someone to verify the expansion times and correct them if necessary. All other data are accurate.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    When the clearings are done tomorrow, I'll be able to have 29 habitats instead of my current 27/31.
    In order to have 31, I would have to sell 4 big habitats and buy 8 small ones, leaving me with only 1 big habitat. That's outrageously ridiculous!
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Now the runes are piling up again because we got two and only two new expansions. Ah well...
    At least now with the increased limit they are actually piling up! I don't even want to think about how many runes we wasted in the meantime.

Executive Chef
    When the clearings are done tomorrow, I'll be able to have 29 habitats instead of my current 27/31.
    In order to have 31, I would have to sell 4 big habitats and buy 8 small ones, leaving me with only 1 big habitat. That's outrageously ridiculous!
    I will have 30/31, with 4 big ones. (after all cleared also flower re-bought).
    I also have 4 grand farms, and 2 small ones.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    I will have 30/31, with 4 big ones. (after all cleared also flower re-bought).
    I also have 4 grand farms, and 2 small ones.
    Yes, that layout is working and looks great. If you wanted to squeeze in the 31st habitat, you would have to sell 2 of your current big ones, then build 4 small ones. Now I KNOW you wouldn't consider that, because your 3 biggies include a Big Water Way and a Big Dark Cove. LOL There's also the option of downsizing the farms and dumping the Evolution Flower again, but why bother?

For all the efforts to make the best use of such limited space. we don't absolutely need all 31 habitats. Once we've reached a point where we are producing an abundance of coins, there's really no urgency to pack in the maximum number of habitats. It just would have been nice to be able to max out without ridiculous counter-productive sacrifices.

Players who are still working on building up wealth (who find it painful to raise and spend a few hundred thousand on a single expansion), should avoid big habitats for a long time and instead work with the maximum number of small habitats to build wealth.

Executive Chef
    Yes, that layout is working and looks great. If you wanted to squeeze in the 31st habitat, you would have to sell 2 of your current big ones, then build 4 small ones. Now I KNOW you wouldn't consider that, because your 3 biggies include a Big Water Way and a Big Dark Cove. LOL There's also the option of downsizing the farms and dumping the Evolution Flower again, but why bother?

For all the efforts to make the best use of such limited space. we don't absolutely need all 31 habitats. Once we've reached a point where we are producing an abundance of coins, there's really no urgency to pack in the maximum number of habitats. It just would have been nice to be able to max out without ridiculous counter-productive sacrifices.

Players who are still working on building up wealth (who find it painful to raise and spend a few hundred thousand on a single expansion), should avoid big habitats for a long time and instead work with the maximum number of small habitats to build wealth.
    Thank you. Your is great as well )

I am not planning to build the 31th habitat (for record or something), now I am pleased with my ones. What I am currently planning (in case we dont have a big update or many expansions, which may turn my plans away) that I want to change the south-west layout from dark-water habitats to dark-gem ones (which requires building 4 more gem habs and selling water ones), and to breed at least 4 more emerald dragons. But first I want to complete my album if I can and not breeding any more emerald (because of its time consuming "price").

I enjoy FS now much more than DS

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    I switched almost all my habitats from big to small ones, filled with duplicates instead of selling them. Got crystal unicorn and then breed 3 emeralds. Now I earn about 700.000 coins a day. It is very important to build your own "money machine" farm. This way, expensive obstacles would be no problem.
    If I could GET a crystal unicorn then emerald, I'd be happy to ditch other habitats to make gem ones and rake in the dough. But for as long as the game refuses to give me a unicorn, I am stuck at a low enough income that I cannot afford to put a bunch of small habitats, with teeny tiny capacities that max out in minutes and therefore lose tons and tons of coins... in place of my large habitats which only max out on me overnight. As long as I am denied the unicorn, I can NOT get good income no matter what I do. It is VERY frustrating.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    If I could GET a crystal unicorn then emerald, I'd be happy to ditch other habitats to make gem ones and rake in the dough. But for as long as the game refuses to give me a unicorn, I am stuck at a low enough income that I cannot afford to put a bunch of small habitats, with teeny tiny capacities that max out in minutes and therefore lose tons and tons of coins... in place of my large habitats which only max out on me overnight. As long as I am denied the unicorn, I can NOT get good income no matter what I do. It is VERY frustrating.
    I was doing quite well for income before any Unicorn showed up. Not much variety from breeding back then, but my panda farming worked so well that a large part of it is still on my forest. I've looked at yours, and it could produce more income if your creatures were better housed. You need only one Fire habitat (may as well be big). The only other type of habitat that needs to be big are Earth. Big Nature is okay, but any super-rare Nature hybrids are better off on Earth, Water or Dark habitats.

You have duplicate Ponies, Armordillos, Turtles, Ferrets and even Rhinos, all of whom earn less than Pandas at the same level. They are wasting space that could be used by better earners. E.g., You don't need the extra Skyger. The baby Planther on the Dark Cove would serve better on Nature and give that spot to your Gargolem who earns too much for the Earth habitat. The baby turtle should also move to Nature so that your Griffin can use the Water.

Apart from ultra-rares and panda farming, hybrids coming from Dark-Water-Earth parents were my earners. I make sure super-rare Darks live on Dark. Super-rare Water-Earth or Water-Nature hybrids live on Water whenever possible. You would fare better with more Water habitats and fewer Fire habitats. Four small Nature homes use less space than three big Fire homes but hold only 300 coins less in total, plus they allow for more bonuses. When I had mostly commons, I made a lot more from visitor bonuses that from the creatures' earnings.

As with any game like this, farming the cheap set-ups requires one to collect very frequently at first. But it works out, and the more super-rares you house and raise in the higher capacity habitats, the less often you'll need to collect as you go forward. Don't tell yourself that you can't build wealth without a Unicorn.

You seem to be managing okay. All expansions done and only that last 3x3 obstacle to clear. It's hardly urgent, especially with so many stone paths running between your habitats.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast