Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Obstacles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Executive Chef

Expansion Obstacles

Below is a diagram of the total cost (in coins) to remove all obstacles from each expansion plot that I had notes on. The cost for the expansion itself is dependent on how many expansions you have made already (except the plots with the Treent of Life and Hareon). The idea is that once you have expanded to the mine, you have a choice as to where to expand. This is to help you determine the hidden cost of each expansion. Those of us who started playing when the game was new had much less choice in the matter. We had only the first island, then the lower ice island, then the upper ice island to choose from. But those who started later can save a TN of time and a TON of coins by putting off those islands other than the first 5 squares of the lower to get the lightning leopard, which you really, really need.

My recommendation for the order in which to expand:
    1. Once the mine has been reached, expand to the 3 squares in a line from the mine going southwest. You need cheap space fast to earn income.
    2. Then go to the first blue island. It's cheaper than the bottom row on the main island, and if you expand up the left side and across the top, you get the Lightning Leopard - getting that lightning element ASAP is crucial.
    3. Then open up all of the first purple island (with the Hareon).
    4. Then finish off the bottom of the island we start off on.
    5. Then the second green island. I recommend going up the right side of it to the Treent of Life. That way, when you have the 10 million to open that plot, you actually can.
    6. Then fill in the other half of that island and the other half of the first blue island as suits you, and/or in order from least to most expensive.
    7. Don't bother with the top blue island at all until EVERYTHING else has been opened. And be thankful you have the 26 plots on the second green and both purple islands available to you before having to resort to the absolute horror of this island that those of us who were around from the beginning had no choice but to resort to because we didn't have those 26 plots. They opened after we spent weeks and millions per single plot and reached the 70 runes expansion phase. It sux to be us. Be very glad you can expand for much less than half the price we had, and can clear most obstacles in 20 minutes not 33 hours. The top blue island should be avoided until EVERYTHING else has been opened.

That said, feel free to forge your own path! My recommendations are just that. If you like filling out one island before starting another, go for it! But go for it with the knowledge of what its hidden costs are.

Last edited by zenobia42; 05-13-15 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Adding info

Executive Chef
    Agree these are way to expensive

Here is a pic

Sinkstones( closest to all farms) costs 18000
    Symphoning cypress( next to si ketones ) costs 30,000
    Toxic sycamores costs 45,000
    Immovable rock ( the corner ) costs 180,000

Please tl lower these costs
    Last edited by igames4me; 07-31-14 at 02:07 PM.
    "Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by igames4me View Post
    Way too expensive AND they make the square nearly unusable until you clear them! What's the point of paying a ton of coins to get access to a square... then get no access?!

How much does that rock pile on the waterfall square cost to remove?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by igames4me View Post

Here is a pic

Sinkstones( closest to all farms) costs 18000
    Symphoning cypress( next to si ketones ) costs 30,000
    Toxic sycamores costs 45,000
    Immovable rock ( the corner ) costs 180,000

Please tl lower these costs
    The square that you are currently expanding has a wicked thicket which costs 100,000 to clear, the next one has a poisonous pumice 90,000

The 1st expansion on the next island has 5 things to clear with a total cost to clear of 32,000
    My Storm8 ID's are midnightmeerkat and snowyhillz

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    The square that you are currently expanding has a wicked thicket which costs 100,000 to clear, the next one has a poisonous pumice 90,000

The 1st expansion on the next island has 5 things to clear with a total cost to clear of 32,000
    These things are WAY too expensive to clear. I agree, what's the point of expanding when you have more to clear afterward? I honestly think that both the expansions AND the clearing should be lowered in price. I hope TL lowers it, just like they lowered the price of the Dark Cove habitat.
    Hello! I play Dragon Story, Fantasy Forest Story, and Home Design Story. Add me at benjessie on either game!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post

Thanks! Based on that, I am opening up the one on the next island now which is only 32k to clear rather than the 3 on the bottom which are 90k, 100k and 180k. Gotta love the friendly helpful advice here - it's saving me about 60k right now!

Executive Chef
    The expansions and obstacles are expensive but I've found you can make money reasonably quickly if you have lots of neighbours, visit them and collect the sparkles often.
    My Storm8 ID's are midnightmeerkat and snowyhillz

Executive Chef
    I still don't get it how do we make money by visiting neighbors?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    I still don't get it how do we make money by visiting neighbors?
    Indirectly.

If you visit a neighbor and pop some stars in their forest, it will show up in their news feed. Making it more likely they will visit you and return the favor. IF your visit is still on their newsfeed the next time they check in the game with time enough to go visiting. The newsfeed is extremely short in this game.

When you look at your park, if any of your habitats are sparkling, that means a neighbor popped your stars. And when you collect from that habitat, you get an extra 250 gold, from each habitat that is sparkling. That is why it is a very good idea to collect from any of your habitats you see sparkling right away. Because if you collect from the sparkling habitat, the next neighbor to visit you will see stars they can pop over it. If all your habitats are already sparkling, they can't give you that $250 times 6.

NOTE: the 250 gold is once you reach a high level. At lower levels, the amount is less, and grows slowly.
    ALSO NOTE: in the last app store game update the sparkles were, IMO, messed up. If you see a sparkling habitat in your forest, and not the coin over it indicating it's getting full, and tap it, the number on the bottom of your screenon the "collect" button is now WRONG. It does not reflect the additional sparkle money. But if you tap the collect button, the correct amount will show in the animation, and the correct amount added to your total coin count.

Sorry if I am over-explaining things you already know.I have a tendency to be over-thorough in my posts lol.

Executive Chef
    The second square on the second island has 5 obstacles that cost a total of 55,000 coins to clear.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast