Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/31/14 Update Plume Hive

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    I would love to donate my faerie campfire to someone. It is so big I can only fit in in my inventory (just). Fourth plume adventure today brought me a royal cow. I must be very lucky on the special drops at the moment. Kind of makes up for the 50+ attempts at those darn special dragon eggs.
    I am only getting faerie Murmurs ( which am maxed out on ) Faerie bulb seed, and one block and beams and paste from three adventures Got 2 Gems and 7 energies lol
    Ah yes and one white cow. that is all.
    I am a bit disappointed that for such an expensive adventure the energy level is so low, and the Beams/ block are going to be an issue soon if we cannot craft them.
    Gosh I am hating the Sugar cane / Wheat/ Cocoa beans/ Cabbages a bit more everyday lol

I've always hated planting cabbage. From 2 adventures I've gotten only 1 paste, 1 beam, & 2 blocks among other random items. This faerie goddess tree goal coming up, (hinted to by Thomas) better not require these items to upgrade. They are few & far between and require lots of kitchen time to get the adventure ready.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I've always hated planting cabbage. From 2 adventures I've gotten only 1 paste, 1 beam, & 2 blocks among other random items. This faerie goddess tree goal coming up, (hinted to by Thomas) better not require these items to upgrade. They are few & far between and require lots of kitchen time to get the adventure ready.
    I hate planting cabbage, too! I avoid it at all cost! But what I'm finding is if I plant it in the late afternoon, it's ready when I get up in the morning, so I don't notice so much how long it takes.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by serenitygrandma View Post
    I've played since the beginning of 2014 and am at level 39, so it really depends on how much time and energy you can devote to the game. I Remember there were a lot of open quests when I started and you will catch up with these as well.
    Absolutely true! I also started this year and am as far as it is possible to get, fully expanded to every square, and have been sitting at the top, Level 50 for some time now. I have run out of even a quest book before, and would be without one now if I sent in the last of the Inscriptions which I have sitting in my inventory. I know I am not the only one who would have nothing new to do at all if TL stopped following the story line again to add more quests for new and mid level players who already have plenty of neat things to look forward to.

Those of us who depending not on the number of months or even years since we signed up, but the amount of time we have spent playing the game, who are at the leading edge of the game writer's imaginations, won't have anything to do at all if TL once again stops the story line to add quests for those who already have a full plate and plenty to look forward to.

TL has caravans and seasonal/holiday themes and yes, if you weren't at the level to participate or it was before you signed up, you may not get a prized item like the Love Shack which I myself missed. But you can take some consolation in knowing you will have unique items that those who come after you will not be able to get.

But when TL updates with a continuation of the main story like they have recently, those players who havent progressed far enough to get these quests the moment they are released will get them when they reach this spot in the natural progression of the game. You are not being denied anything when the story line is continued. On the contrary, you have more waiting ahead of you because you will get here.

It is those of us who are put on hold and cannot progress when we put in enough time and effort to get to where I amd many others are now. We depend on updates to give us a game to play. Without a continuation of the story line the game will end where it sits.

As someone much wiser than I said (and I don't remember who or I would list the credit, but it wasn't me), It is the journey that is important, not the destination. The journey in CS is truely awesome, and I suggest that those who actually have quests in their books enjoy doing them rather than demanding that TL stop the story to add more material to an already rich and exciting story line, at the expense of the continuation of the story.

If you play enough time (again playing time, not number of days that you come and play the accrued energy) you will get to the point I am. Then the journey stops and you sit and wait for the writers to put out a bit more each week if you are lucky. Don't begrudge those of us who may have nothing at all to do until we see if there will be an update each week, and if it will continue the story, the actual continuation of the story line. Because if we don't get it, it won't be seamlessly passed down to the players advancing now and in the future. You see one quest after another and sometines several at a time. We sit with empty quest books, setting personal goals like maxing out on adhesives, which while it is something, it doesn't get us anywhere at all.

You will get to these story line quests when they come up, after you complete the quests you have. Really, you aren't missing a thing! And as an added plus if there are boo boos in the release we are the ones who take the hit and those behind us get a good boo booless (okay that may not be a word but you understood it didn't you? )story game. Enjoy it!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Good idea!

Keep an eye out for this, soon.
    Woo hoo! Fabulous!! You Rock Glimmergate!!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Fashion Designer
    I think part of the frustration of mid level players with consecutive updates geared to advanced players is that they adjust their resource usage in anticipation of the update, as most of us do. As early as Monday, I know I usually stop doing any trades or upgrades that use up resources that are not easily replenished. Sometimes I won't send the knights from my barracks on Wednesday so they will be available. And I often postpone much of my collecting for 8 or more hours on Thursday morning. It's always disappointing if you do a lot of preparation and postponing unnecessarily.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    I think part of the frustration of mid level players with consecutive updates geared to advanced players is that they adjust their resource usage in anticipation of the update, as most of us do. As early as Monday, I know I usually stop doing any trades or upgrades that use up resources that are not easily replenished. Sometimes I won't send the knights from my barracks on Wednesday so they will be available. And I often postpone much of my collecting for 8 or more hours on Thursday morning. It's always disappointing if you do a lot of preparation and postponing unnecessarily.
    I do this and I am often disappointed as well if it is something to help people rush through Sister, Sister for instance. TL can't please everyone all the time.

We all try personal tactics because this is after all, a game. We are more than happy to pat ourselves on the back if we second guess correctly, but we (many of us including me I admit) are set to blame TL if we fail to guess correctly. Upon reflection though, we really can't blame a company if our strategy for playing their game fails.

There are enough legitimate issues to complain to TL about. As tempting as it is, we all including me need to differentiate between our game strategy and problems that show up in TL's game which adversely affect game play.

Sorry, but if I stockpile cabbages because I suspect they will be needed, and the update comes out and carrots are required, or worse, TL extends last week's update for another week because so many people complain that it takes too long to finish, I am out of luck folks. So is anyone who guesses incorrectly. This is a game.

Rhino Keeper
    The update tomorrow is for all players LV 10+ - it's a new type of event for Castle Story, so we're giving everyone a few weeks to complete it. After that, well... it's our 2nd anniversary (wow!) Folks who have completed our 1st anniversary update should have access to this questline (LV 22+).

After that, we're going back to the end game for a little while, until our seasonal events begin (Halloween!). This isn't set in stone, but it should give you a rough idea of what to expect from us.
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks for the heads up glimmergate. It'll be exciting to see what the event is. I'm wondering if it will be like the events in farm 2 or the community events in dragon?

On a separate note it looks like the bonus goodies from the plume adventure might be in boxes now. Previously I got a faerie tile in the normal drop. Today it came in a box.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Fashion Designer
    Excited can't wait for tomorrow. . Thanks glimmergate. !