Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding Combos and Questions (Thread 1)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    ... but here's a peek at the album I get to laugh at every day. I'll bet most players have neatly filled in those 8 grey silhouettes and maybe some of the other missing critters further down in the album from the Dark & Watery realms.

While 13 breeds continue to elude me, the farmed drones now include 14 pandas and 7 panthers...

I have 30 habitats with 56 animals: 26 unique types and 30 duplicates. 25 of the duplicates are commons.
    Okay that was Aug 22, nearly a month ago. They have since introduced 10 new animals and I'm no further ahead. Missing 13 then; missing 14 now. Not much has changed, except that the Pandas have been replaced by Thunderhawks.

I now have 71 animals, more than half of which are duplicates with 23 of those duplicates being COMMON. 40 Commons in total.

So how am I doing? Roughly 30 percent of the album remains "IMPOSSIBLE TO BREED". So far, anyway. This is what my normal looks like after nearly 2 months of play. I feel your pain, Anayuszko; I'm just more accustomed to it.

On the bright side, while it would be nice to replace half of those Commons with Rares & Supers, we both have forests that can earn over a million coins per day. That's more than most players can claim, so I for one won't complain. I hope you can find the joy to keep playing; if not in breeding, at least in some other aspect of the game.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Lately, I have been getting lots of commons too and a few rare. How am I supposed to breed a unicorn with this kind of luck? This is horrible and the expansions are going to cost a lot more too. Everything is just so expensive here. You think you have a lot of money but it's used up very fast. It's hard to earn quickly when you don't have the unicorn or Emerald dragon. I just don't like this it doesn't make the game fun. I hope in the future TL better have another animal that earn as much as the unicorn and easier to get.

Executive Chef
    It is interesting, whenever I open the shop, I see:

From this 8 animals I am missing 6. Feels like the program highly offers me to buy them...
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    It is interesting, whenever I open the shop, I see:

From this 8 animals I am missing 6. Feels like the program highly offers me to buy them...
    The shop is programmed to display missing animals immediately after the new or featured ones. They don't do this in Dragon Story, but it's a convenient way to know exactly what you're missing, whether or not you're willing to buy.

Here are the 12 that appear in my shop after the featured Electrics. I am missing 11 out of these 12, plus 2 of the Electrics.

If you search by element, you should also notice that your missing animals are on top of each group. Once you hatch a new one, it drops down to its proper place on the list.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Thanks, I did not notice it before.

Rhino Keeper
    I have pretty much been using a lightning animal for breeding and only have recently been able to get the rare eagle beagle. The rest are all commons.

I have all the goals for all the elements available still because I cannot breed the super rares. Or I'll get a duplicate of a super I already have. So aggravating.

I have been able to win animals from the battle arena, so that's a positive.

Executive Chef
    Just a quick note, I am still unable to breed supers. I am close to 100th attempt, with no super rare succeeding. Still "bad luck" isnt it?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    Just a quick note, I am still unable to breed supers. I am close to 100th attempt, with no super rare succeeding. Still "bad luck" isnt it?
    Change it up

I bread several supra rare while trying for unicorn
    And when iam stuck with no luck I move on
    Try to chose combos that would give u more than one missing animal

Like now iam breeding red and dark
    For two possibilities onyx and cosmic

Hope it helps
    Sometimes the bad luck streak suddenly end when u least expect it

And yes I agree in a way that buying gems with money
    Somehow move the player to another selected group
    In which the game programmed for them to spend more money

That's how I felt in dragon story
    That's why never again buying any money
    If I earned the gems fine
    If not then I don't buy
    Last edited by flowless; 09-22-14 at 07:10 AM.

I'm starting to feel your pain, I'm level 31 now and i love this game. I can honestly say that i play 24/7. I even set alarms so i can hatch eggs and start next breeds in the middle of the night, so ''obsessed'' is putting it lightly. I have most of the animals - EXCEPT for a few, which are not really that hard to get!!! Rampage, Grassquatch, rockodile, volcamel and the harder ones - Crystal unicorn and emerald dragon.

Now i sort of understand the last two, they are hard, they are the challenge of this game. But why on freakin earth do i struggle so badly to get the other ones? I try, i really try so hard, and iv'e been trying for a very long time now as well, its like i'm UNABLE to breed them, like really, my game is unable to breed them. I also thought i'm *****ing and moaning over bad luck, but after breeding EVERY combo in my forest i could think of, multiple times over again i'm really not thinking it's bad luck anymore! I know i have the correct combo's because iv'e done research also.

I think teamlava is starting to sink their own ship here. They can't make it this difficult AND add three or four animals a week, not even to mention taking forever to release expansions and battlefields. So we are stuck, and that's not really what people need in a GAME! It needs to move forward in a speed we can handle or else what is the point in even trying anymore. OR they just need to fix these glitches they keep denying exists! So many people can't all be wrong, and i know of many folks who deleted this game because of that.

I am a sucker who spend real money on gems, because i love this game, and i would never complain about something i truly enjoy, but this is now going a bit too far. Also i have send them an email asking if my game could possible have a glitch in, explaining my entire stuggle over animals that other people have plenty of - They responded with i need to use correct combo's... Yeah, as if that wasn't my first move, like two months ago.

I'm giving it all another try until the end of the month, if i am still stuck here like this i will join the massive group that deleted this game because of the mythical unfairness that doesn't seem so unrealistic anymore.

Executive Chef
    Flowless, I am doing this way, eg I am breeding lightning-red animals with dark-red (I miss both dark-red super rare and lignting-red one) or lightning with earth-nature hybrid (I miss Grassquatch-earth nature super-, also lightning earth and lightning nature super rares, i even was unable to breed lignting nature rare one, despite the fact I have breed 12 commons - imagine how it feels ever failing on 16 hrs common, with not even a rare "fail")

So I keep breeding animals with 3-4 possible missing fails. At around 100 tries Still nothing.

As I wrote b4, I keep on trying while I expand and clear every where, I have a few places left. If I dont succeed breeding at least one super, i delete FS.

Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast