Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding Combos and Questions (Thread 1)

New Resident
    okay.. other than that.. i keep getting firefox or ember bear... so frustrating

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tramba View Post
    okay.. other than that.. i keep getting firefox or ember bear... so frustrating
    It's just a matter of trying until you get lucky. I used skyger & pyro pony to get my first, I think - it was very early in the game. My second I got last week with fire glider & racmoon... but that is 4 elements so there are a LOT of potential fails from that combo. Of course, one of those "fails" is a unicorn so not really a fail lol.

Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    I know this thread is a bit older than some of the other posts, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I feel pretty certain that when the game came out that the breeding was very lax in breeding Rares and Super Rares and the odd Unicorn. What I believe is the reason is that so many of us had pretty bad experiences with another "Story" breeding game. How could they hook us if this game was exactly like the other breeding game? By making breeding choice animals easy, of course! Once we all have time and for some of us $$$ invested, they shake it up. Breeding is not as outrageous as the other game, but wait a bit. This is still something of a new game. I already see that they are bringing in new animals faster than I can breed them. When I first began playing I thought how cool is this, I can breed awesome animals with a little patience and the right elements. Will I ever find a breeding game that does not make me want to tear my purple locks off my head??

Rhino Keeper

Cool An observation.

Can anyone tell me why there are no 2 element hybrids that have Fire as the first element? I noticed this when the game first began and expected them to show up at some point, but nope, has not happened. So here is my idea for a fire prime creature: a Shellamander. It curls up into a ball and grows a protective shell when it sleeps, upon awakening the shell is caught a flame and disappears. I think it should be Fire/Earth since we do not want any forest fires. Hehehe

Executive Chef
    Yup the speed of entering new animals is much faster than you can breed them. Only way to keep speed with them is speed breeding or buying directly.

When FFS was introduced, it was much more better game than DS which I already quit, because it became a disaster. For me it seems FFS is getting closer to be a second DS very soon. Too bad, it (was) a nice game.
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry9877 View Post
    I know this thread is a bit older than some of the other posts, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I feel pretty certain that when the game came out that the breeding was very lax in breeding Rares and Super Rares and the odd Unicorn. What I believe is the reason is that so many of us had pretty bad experiences with another "Story" breeding game. How could they hook us if this game was exactly like the other breeding game? By making breeding choice animals easy, of course! Once we all have time and for some of us $$$ invested, they shake it up. Breeding is not as outrageous as the other game, but wait a bit. This is still something of a new game. I already see that they are bringing in new animals faster than I can breed them. When I first began playing I thought how cool is this, I can breed awesome animals with a little patience and the right elements. Will I ever find a breeding game that does not make me want to tear my purple locks off my head??
    Can't say that my entry was as easy-going as you and others attest. Breeding was fairly dismal for me in Satyr Sanctuary from the get-go as I shook my head at people who declared how "easy" it was to get supers and rares; I kept getting nothing but the same group of Commons. The first 2 battleground regions were my ONLY source of supers.

I caught a lucky break with an early Crystal Unicorn and cranked out some Emerald minions to make up for the horrible lack of rarity in my forest. Over the past couple weeks, at Level 40, following a 6-week dry spell, I bred 3 super-rares, which is a shocking all-time high for me in my two and a half months of play.

At no time in this or any other game have I had enough consistent luck to feel accustomed (or entitled) to it.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer

Order in the Hybrid Court

Quote Originally Posted by Perry9877 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why there are no 2 element hybrids that have Fire as the first element? I noticed this when the game first began and expected them to show up at some point, but nope, has not happened. So here is my idea for a fire prime creature: a Shellamander. It curls up into a ball and grows a protective shell when it sleeps, upon awakening the shell is caught a flame and disappears. I think it should be Fire/Earth since we do not want any forest fires. Hehehe
    Unlike the medley of elements we see in Dragon Story (Fire-Air, Air-Fire, Forest-Fire, Fire-Forest), the hybrids in Fantasy Forest are in very set, organized groups, with the upper element always coming first. Fire is at the bottom of the element list, so no hybrid type has it as the primary element.

This consistent ordering is very convenient and helps players keep track of the hybrids. If we had the full cohort of two-element hybrids from the current seven elements, the list would be as follows:
    Gem-Electric
    Gem-Dark
    Gem-Water
    Gem-Earth

Gem-Nature
    Gem-Fire
    Electric-Dark
    Electric-Water
    Electric-Earth
    Electric-Nature
    Electric-Fire
    Dark-Water
    Dark-Earth
    Dark-Nature
    Dark-Fire
    Water-Earth
    Water-Nature
    Earth-Nature
    Earth-Fire
    Nature-Fire

This list also represents a descending order of classes. The further down the list they are, the less they earn for any given rarity and level.
    Last edited by SANDSCApe; 10-09-14 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Greyed out non-existent hybrid types
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Yesterday I got very excited when I was breeding dark, water x electric, fire and saw a 18 hrs timer. I couldnt believe that I got my Onyx ox which I am hunting since it entered the scene. (and this was the moment when my account got been "cursed").
    Then I realized it could have been an elephantom as well. (which I also dont have, so it is a new one, just it is not super, "only" rare).

At the end, this morning I saw it was an elephantom. However, it is the 3rd rare I got in a week or so, since I succeeded to breed my first super since August. Seems like my curse had been gone. I hope...

It is offtopic, but this morning I also finished the tournament, with surprisingly few losses (perhaps 4-5 altogether).
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    Panda!

Thank you! It is panda. I have been breeding diamond and panda I never get the emerald.
    And sorry for the late reply, been busy.

Fashion Designer
    Any good combo to make diamond/green dragon?