Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The new icon is going to drive away male players!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post

...plus it's a total rip-off on Castleville's logo icon ... Look at em side by side in your App Store, it's blatant!
    Wow. It is. I had to look. Must say I like the trading with friends option that app offers. If TL wants to use a very similar icon, then why not also apply what others here have asked for the trading/selling aspect like FS2????

But, I'm not a fan of the new icon. It looks like something my 3 year old has on her iPad. If someone now sees my phone/iPad, I would be embarrassed to have such an immature icon visible.

Executive Chef
    Oh no. You guys are gonna beat me up, huh? I understand your passion, I do. I did go look at the App Store and visited the poor pony in question. So....there are no pink ponies in CS? Is that the issue? I don't play often at all.

What was the icon before the pony takeover?

Fashion Designer
    I'm a girl and totally think the icon is too girly and too childish. ! Give us back our castle after all it's "castle" story.

Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    Oh no. You guys are gonna beat me up, huh? I understand your passion, I do. I did go look at the App Store and visited the poor pony in question. So....there are no pink ponies in CS? Is that the issue? I don't play often at all.

What was the icon before the pony takeover?

It was a castle....hence, Castle Story. I'm really not sure why this app icon change was made. As said before, if you're trying to attract a younger audience how will you make money without the credit card option?

As for the sound, my iPad is on mute 95% of the time. Until FaceTime is in use and then it's muted again after that. The game music & sound effects have been turned off since day one. The music on any game is so obnoxious to me so my device is always muted.
    Last edited by meme1098; 07-30-14 at 07:25 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by perry5 View Post
    Yes! Another reason to avoid this update. I like the lack of music on the Current CS...one of the few games that didn't force me to mute my iPad before playing! Why do developers always assume that awful music enhances our gaming experience? They should take a poll about how many play with volume on vs. muted! I have to believe no one listens to the music!

I mute the game because I find the music annoying....this is quite a blunder TL.

Fashion Designer
    I posted last night after I saw the update on my screen, going to follow up a bit more on what others are saying. I didn't like Dragon Story, I always found the icon annoying, and the gameplay wasn't interesting after getting the gems offered for reaching specific levels. Same with the new Forest Story whatever, it's just Dragon Story with new animals, it's gone as soon as I reach the goals for gems. I don't get into cute and fluffy.

Some have commented that you don't see the icon on your screen for long, so what's the deal. Well, I use my iPad a fair bit at work, I leave the screen on, and when I've got a pink pony icon on my screen (I know it's a unicorn, but you can't tell that unless you're up close), I'm going to get some strange looks here. Plus, it honestly turns my stomach. I don't want to click on it, I don't even want to look at it.

If the icon is a rip off of something else, that's news, but I never heard of Castleville before, but if this is what TL was going for, then that's just sad. This was really their best game, and they've cheapened it significantly here.

As for the music, I never have the volume up on my iPad, so it took me a minute to figure out the fuss here. I'm assuming the intro screen never had music before, and I agree that having music going while loading is pointless, and should certainly have a separate option to toggle on/off.

I NEVER listen to the game with the music on. I'm certainly not saying to get rid of it, but definitely have the option to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by berrigan17 View Post

I think what I enjoy about Castle Story is the personality of it, and that comes through from the creators as well. I hope that they don't lose that.

The nauseating/very similar to another icon unicorn is so very generic. It makes me a little uneasy as to where the game is heading...

ETA: They should have more confidence in their game and not be trying to be like something else.
    My thoughts exactly!

Rhino Keeper
    Its probably just a temporary icon for an event, since there is a big summer one coming up soon I believe. Dragon Story does that from time to time and then reverts back to the old one after the event is over. I don't mind the icon, most game icons are pretty silly and its whats inside the game that counts.

Executive Chef
    If you play this game because the icon seemed manly and now isn't, then you are a fool and no one will miss you. I mean really, who cares what it looks like? Are you so insecure in your manhood that the simple notion of a unicorn on your phone or pad makes you cringe? It's a game! It's still the same game after you have clicked the icon.

The only one who will suffer is TL, because a bunch of little girls will download this thinking its simple and going to be cute. The real money spenders will pass it up for similar games with normal icons. If so, let them figure out how to change it back and the reasons why. But the whole I'm going to quit, whining like a Baby...or...ahem..little girl is a bit over the top.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwrapper View Post
    Anyone else find it weird that the devolopers have not weighed in on this issue. They are usually pretty quick to answer questions or concerns. They are being oddly silent. On this issue it's been 100% in agreement that it's a huge blunder.

Maybe they realized they made a mistake and are talking about how to fix it. Or maybe they are retooling the game to be called "Pink Unicorn Adventures". It's the only thing I can imagine is going on.
    This thread was started over the weekend and most developers, CMs and Staff are off over the weekend.
    I also was out of town this weekend, so I missed this thread.
    I have moved the thread to the suggestion and feedback forum and I also have flagged this over to the community managers.

Please continue to post your constructive feedback about the new icon.

Thanks!

Please note, that a couple of posts have been removed that are attacking other members posts.

You can leave different feedback, but please do not attack another players comments.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-30-14 at 08:04 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast