Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The new icon is going to drive away male players!

WOW - that pink unicorn is juvenile and hideous. Add me to the change it back side. Immediately.
    Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fashion Designer
    At least please don't force us to update, TL! I want to stay away from this new icon as long as possible.
    The classic icon is PERFECT!

Farm Supplier
    Anyone else find it weird that the devolopers have not weighed in on this issue. They are usually pretty quick to answer questions or concerns. They are being oddly silent. On this issue it's been 100% in agreement that it's a huge blunder.

Maybe they realized they made a mistake and are talking about how to fix it. Or maybe they are retooling the game to be called "Pink Unicorn Adventures". It's the only thing I can imagine is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrapper View Post
    Anyone else find it weird that the devolopers have not weighed in on this issue. They are usually pretty quick to answer questions or concerns. They are being oddly silent. On this issue it's been 100% in agreement that it's a huge blunder.

Maybe they realized they made a mistake and are talking about how to fix it. Or maybe they are retooling the game to be called "Pink Unicorn Adventures". It's the only thing I can imagine is going on.
    This thread was started after business hours. I don't expect the devs to be hanging around the forum when they have families or other personal affairs to attend to. They'll see the posts tomorrow and hopefully weigh in then.
    Kingdom of 😸Kittyville😸

Rhino Keeper
    Wow! That icon is total sh..ame. I saw it on the update and turned off the updates real fast. That is worse that anything so far bar none. Did someone mistake this for that fantasy forest/dragon story release?

Edit.
    O dear sweet heaven I'm to late. Time to bury it in the 3rd page of a grouping.

The word of the day is Cloying.
    Last edited by vontalken; 07-29-14 at 10:13 PM.

New Resident
    Well I'm a female player & I don't like the new icon AT ALL!! Please change it back!!!

New Resident
    Even the My Little Pony app icon isn't this stereotypically girly, it's beyond juvenile it's infantile. I guess the developers forgot that when you start the game you can chose between playing as a male or female. It's so off putting that I cringe every time I see it. I suggest going back to the old icon or giving us an updated version of the classic castle just lose the pink unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by judyluvs View Post
    I find the game icon to be very similar to another castle named app: Castleville. In fact I loaded up the update request and was thinking it was for the Castleville game and it turned out to be the Castle Story app that got updated. The blast of of weird music was not appreciated.
    I agree completely! I do understand maybe the devs are trying to get fans of tht game to try castle story and realize that our game is so much better but still, I hope the new icon isn't staying for too long.

Maybe if the old icon is getting outdated, the castle could be modernized or something? Or at least if you want a unicorn, get the alicorn, not the pink one. I would suggest changing the screenshots for the details on the app store too. The old screenshots aren't as attractive as the ones from similar castle role-playing app out there.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-30-14 at 07:30 AM. Reason: removed third party game reference

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwrapper View Post
    I agree it's a different animal. BTW I love the pink alicorn. 24 hour recharge with the possibility of 100 energy! At worst it's an extra 5 energy or so.
    Slightly off-subject, but does anyone know if there is ever going to be another chance to get anything even half as awesome as that? I have to say after playing this game 3-4 months, it's very disappointing to STILL not have any chance to get anything like that. It's like if you start after VD you're never going to be as cool as those who started before it. Which sounds so high school lol. Or with the new game icon, the game is more PRE-SCHOOL. Ugh!

For the record, I actually like pink. Just not pink ponies. Or anything else that looks like something a 2-year old would drag around a stuffed animal toy of because their parents are trying to over-feminize her. This icon looks like a game that a little pageant girl would play between getting her bootie taped to her bathing suit for the pageant, and learning that a single tiny roll of fat on their body will mean they are a failure at being a woman... when they are still a child.

If the devs would rather replace us with children, fine, we'll go. That's the clear message that new icon is sending. Just remember we are the ones with credit cards. And anything that looks infantile like that, on the one hand offends us that we are treated as children and on the other hand, as many have already said, makes up too embarrassed to play the game anywhere it can be seen or heard. In general, a game we are proud to play on, say, the subway, causes people sitting next to you to ask what it's about and the name so they can buy it. (Has happened to me often that someone wants to buy a good game they see me play and I'm always happy to share what I love about the game.) But if someone saw me click that icon to play, in all honestly, I'm being totally serious here, they would think I'm headed to some sort of adult special education class.

There are ways to attract a younger, more female client base that do not also turn off, well everyone else but them. and half of them too, if they are young goth or sporty or musical or a myriad of other kids. Girls like lots of things that don't turn away boys and anyone over the age of like 10. Surely the devs can hone in on that. Please. Or yeah, if I'm too embarrassed to play it in public, I stop playing it. Along with what it seems like a whole lot of the folks here.

Fashion Designer
    I agree:
    please change it back !!!!

I want my castle back! I have a kingdom, not a (faerie) stable!

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast