Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The new icon is going to drive away male players!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    If you play this game because the icon seemed manly and now isn't, then you are a fool and no one will miss you. I mean really, who cares what it looks like? Are you so insecure in your manhood that the simple notion of a unicorn on your phone or pad makes you cringe? It's a game! It's still the same game after you have clicked the icon.

The only one who will suffer is TL, because a bunch of little girls will download this thinking its simple and going to be cute. The real money spenders will pass it up for similar games with normal icons. If so, let them figure out how to change it back and the reasons why. But the whole I'm going to quit, whining like a Baby...or...ahem..little girl is a bit over the top.
    Well ~ you took the words right out of my mouth. I think I even read "this just turns my stomach". How do they handle real life if they start trippin over a game icon.

Enjoy the game inside, guys!

Executive Chef
    Ok, constructive feedback ... Thank-you for trying to fix any bugs that the game may be experiencing (although I have seen several nbors already complaining on their walls about now having MORE issues since downloading this new app update) but please keep an icon for a game called CASTLE STORY as a castle. Childlike, juvenile replacements of unrelated characters or images are not only misrepresentative of this game but are also misleading to new prospective players & confusing to your existing players. More importantly, please refrain from infringing on (& copying) the logo icon for any third party games which cannot be mentioned here. THAT is stooping to a new all-time low level & downright dirty.

Farm Supplier
    Team 8, the parent company of Castle Story, is a for profit business. That being said, I love this game. I play it daily. I don't do Starbucks. I rarely eat out. I've broken out my credit card many times to pay for gems and goodies because this is my ONLY financial splurge and I don't mind paying for a game I enjoy. This game is my treat to me and the designers deserve to be paid for their work.

Players who spend money on this game are the ones keeping TL in business. My concern is that since the icon looks like a very similar childrens app I have downloaded for my neice, she will click on the icon for CS instead. What that means for me? All my gems GONE because at four years old, she doesn't understand that these gems represent money. MY MONEY. TL does not replace gems if they are accidently used. As a matter of fact, a neighbor of mine lost quite a few gems and had to rebuild several buildings because her nephew sold them. That's time and effort that is wasted.

The new icon does not represent the sophistication of this game. This is a game of strategy, patience, luck, and perserverance. Pink unicorns just don't convey that to me. If this icon had been in place when I first downloaded the game then I wouldn't be playing it now.
    Last edited by vizbiz11; 07-30-14 at 09:15 AM. Reason: removed forum quote from closed thread

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    This thread was started over the weekend and most developers, CMs and Staff are off over the weekend.
    I also was out of town this weekend, so I missed this thread.
    Actually, this thread started Tuesday evening after the app update was pushed out, and presumably the devs were having family time, sleeping, etc. But hopefully, at some point during today's daylight hours when they are in the office, something may hopefully be said here to address this.

One more vote for the old logo (or anything else). It will not change my habit of playing, I will not have sleepless nights, but the game icon will definitely stay on a separate menu page...

I would also like to voice my deep hatred for the new icon. Hate hate hate. And I also hate this new thing where music plays while the game loads. Change it back!

Rhino Keeper
    There is one possibility I see for the icon to have changed this way:

The upcoming event is going to be heavily alicorn influenced. This is the more likely possibility I see.

The new icon is childish and I feel it is an extreme misrepresentation of the game. But I don't care. I still play the game and get made fun of by friends every now and then. Big deal. Dealt with that for 20 years I can take it.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-30-14 at 10:19 AM. Reason: discussing mod action/discussing third party game see forum rules

Quote Originally Posted by xhuxhmaxhuxh View Post
    I would also like to voice my deep hatred for the new icon. Hate hate hate. And I also hate this new thing where music plays while the game loads. Change it back!
    Agree on BOTH. I silence ALL my games so nobody knows when I am "playing" where it is not OK. Now I get to announce it to everybody....much less play time equals (something you'll understand) LESS REVENUE.....

Rhino Keeper
    Hey guys.... Don't beat me up but I like the new icon. I know I shouldn't but it's pink and has a unicorn on it! Two things I really love and I'm well past my teenage years LOL!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryllemon View Post
    Hey guys.... Don't beat me up but I like the new icon. I know I shouldn't but it's pink and has a unicorn on it! Two things I really love and I'm well past my teenage years LOL!
    Alright people, grab your torches and pitchforks. Lol no I'm just kidding. That's good that there are people out there who like the new icon. I'd feel bad for TL if nobody liked their changes.

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast