Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The new icon is going to drive away male players!

Rhino Keeper
    I totally agree on this! Pink unicorn with a flower mane has nothing to do with this game's story line. I will not update until absolutely forced and in the meantime will hope that TL comes to their senses and brings back the castle, or some version of it...don't want to look at that My Pretty Pony knock-off every day on my ipad!

Rhino Keeper
    I did't noted the music when the game is loading!!!!
    pls change this!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jir67 View Post
    I did't noted the music when the game is loading!!!!
    pls change this!
    Yes! Another reason to avoid this update. I like the lack of music on the Current CS...one of the few games that didn't force me to mute my iPad before playing! Why do developers always assume that awful music enhances our gaming experience? They should take a poll about how many play with volume on vs. muted! I have to believe no one listens to the music!

Agreed with pretty much everyone here - the new icon is horrid, and completely unrepresentative of the game. Had I seen it originally I probably would not have downloaded the game. Change the icon if you want, but keep it representative of the game itself.

And the startup music that is forced on you, even with the sound fx and music muted is obnoxious. I don't need a blaring announcement to everyone in the house that I've just loaded your game.

Executive Chef
    Oh good lord!!! I hadn't even seen this new update icon until a nbor told me about it.
    WHAT in the world...?!? My Little Pink Pony Explosion is now the game I'm playing? I don't think so. You can hardly even tell that vague shadow of a thing in the background is a ... (what game are we playing?)... CASTLE!
    Maybe it's not that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things but c'mon, a carnival prize-looking stuffed pink unicorn... reeeeally??
    I'm with perry5 & others on here - out of protest, I'm just not gonna download it; I don't care what bugs it fixes. I get enough flack from the hubby for playing this game as it is, don't need to give him more fuel for his fire.

Ps. Does Apple, Inc. use an ORANGE for their icon??? /point lol
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 07-30-14 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Ps added

Agree! That new icon is a shocker. I won't be downloading the update in a hurry. Have they got someone new heading the marketing strategy I wonder? I hope we're not going to lose all the things that have made Castle Story great fun: the humour, the art, the storylines. I've always appreciated the staffs' interaction here also. The latest design has been a bit naff and plastic-looking sadly.

Executive Chef
    I kept thinking I would find someone that would say you all are trippin! Complaining about the game icon being a pony. Really?

The men I know would play and do play this game. They could care a less about the pony or what anyone would say in public

It might look infantile ~ but no more than the DS logo thingy that we see only seconds. Don't smack me, guys ~ but I don't get it.
    Last edited by chalupa2030; 07-30-14 at 06:57 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    I kept thinking I would find someone that would say you all are trippin! Complaining about the game icon being a pony. Really?

It might look infantile ~ but no more than the DS logo thingy that we see only seconds. Don't smack me, guys ~ but I don't get it.
    But the Dragon Story logo icon is a DRAGON, not a ... Oh I don't know, eggplant or something else totally unrelated to the name of the game. LOL
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-30-14 at 07:36 AM. Reason: removed third party game reference

Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post

I play two games on my phone. Castle Story which I've played since sometime in 2012 and another game from another company. Actually, I lie, at the moment I've also got the Dragon-story-with-ponies going just for gems. Although that will be deleted as soon as I've got all of them. So, three but not for long.

Castle Story has always been fun. There have been silly story lines, cultural references to pick up, and some really nice art work. I deleted it last year when it got a bit boring and nothing was happening, and then wondered if my kingdom was still there and reloaded it, that was just at the point that it went through a bit of creative growth and I've been a devoted player ever since. Maybe there are other games that have a similar vibe, but I haven't found them. I find all the other Whatever-Story games mind-numbing.

I think what I enjoy about Castle Story is the personality of it, and that comes through from the creators as well. I hope that they don't lose that.

The nauseating/very similar to another icon unicorn is so very generic. It makes me a little uneasy as to where the game is heading...

ETA: They should have more confidence in their game and not be trying to be like something else.
    Last edited by berrigan17; 07-30-14 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Extra thoughts

The icon is horrible. Why they'd change it, I truly don't know. I really hope that it is changed back.

Watch... next update you won't be able to create male characters.
    If you need anything, send me a PM. I'll be glad to help.

Only playing Castle Story these days, but feel free to add me! If you gift me, I'll always gift you back ASAP!

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast