Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The new icon is going to drive away male players!

Farm Supplier

The new icon is going to drive away male players!

With the new update we got a VERY girly my little pony type icon.

What does a pink pony have to do with a castle story?! Please change it back now. I already get []from my girlfriend for playing this game. She is going to have a field day with the new icon. I am begging you!!

Edit(KP):
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Hey folks, just want to chime in here. The icon change is just that - a new icon.

I just want to reassure you that the content of the game isn't changing - we're going to continue on the exact same way we have for the last 2 years. We're still going to update the game weekly, we're still going to have the same stories and humor and gameplay Our audience is still the same - all of you, who played the game, loved it, and have continued to support us over months (and years!).

Thanks

Hahaha, unfortunately I can't do that. I did however talk to the folks in charge of this and while I can't guarantee anything, I'd like to urge everyone to be patient and give us a few weeks, your feedback is being heard loud and clear and I'm really hoping we can come up with a good compromise. It does take time to change these things so nothing is instant, but hang tight, and thanks for letting us know how you feel.
    If you give us another couple weeks, these issues should be fixed. We're hearing the feedback and are working as fast as we can. Hope you can give us another chance.

The festival is on for 17 days, and I'm really hoping we'll be able to get a different icon before it ends. However, I can't promise anything at this time because a lot of this is outside my control.
    Last edited by maguar; 08-08-14 at 03:07 AM. Reason: added quote by developer

Farm Supplier
    The new icon is weird. It does not represent the game at all. Now it looks like a game for little girls. I hope this is a joke.

Rhino Keeper
    I like the old castle better too. The pony looks like something my daughter would play.

I'm kinda expecting a pink unicorn with flowers flowing in its' mane for the next update now. :/ I'm a girl, but I don't do pink so I fill your guys pain. Lol

I don't understand how the new icon represents the game though.
    Kingdom of 😸Kittyville😸

Executive Chef
    I would like TL to revert back to the old Icon of CS. this new one, I just saw, gives no idea at all about the game, ( even with the castle in the background) !
    You'd think it is Petshop story, or Dragon or "Alicorn Story" or one of those games with animals in them!
    I am disappointed that TL takes the time to change an Icon, while players have pages upon pages of suggestions!
    If it isn't broken don't fix it!
    Just giving my humble opinion on this new Icon, I used to have CS all by itself, on my home screen, now I will put it in other games file !
    Very disappointed!

PS. I am a female, Idon't do pink either, and this new Icon might drive away female players as well !
    Last edited by Liloze; 07-29-14 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Addendum

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwrapper View Post
    I already get []from my girlfriend for playing this game. She is going to have a field day with the new icon.
    My husband doesn't understand why I play games like this either. I just keep telling him that I like having a little virtual corner of the world that's mine to control how ever I want.

I noticed the change too and thought my iPad was acting up. The only guess I have is that it's a secret clue about an upcoming update. The game is called Castle Story and the old icon was more than adequate. Maybe they'll change it back.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-30-14 at 07:26 AM. Reason: edited quote
    Castle story addict #197562. Currently not adding more neighbors, until I clear out some inactive neighbors.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffybutter007 View Post
    I'm kinda expecting a pink unicorn with flowers flowing in its' mane for the next update now. :/ I'm a girl, but I don't do pink so I fill your guys pain. Lol

I don't understand how the new icon represents the game though.
    Even if they add a pink pony to the character roster it's still not what the game represents. They are obviously doing this to pander to the my little pony fan base and that really sucks. It's dishonest thing for them to do as it gives a wrong impression of the game.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Liloze View Post
    I would like TL to revert back the old Icon of CS. this new one, I just saw, gives no idea at all about the game, ( even with the castle in the background) !
    You'd think it is Petshop story, or Dragon or "Alicorn Story" or all those games with animals in them!
    I am disappointed that TL takes the time to change an Icon, while players have pages upon pages of suggestion!
    If it isn't broken don't fix it.
    Just giving my humble opinion on this new Icon, I used to have CS all by itself, on my home screen, now I will put it in other games file !
    Very Disappointed!
    PS. I am a female, and this new Icon might drive away female players as well !
    I plan hiding this icon as we'll. I'm too old for this icon.

Farm Supplier
    Add me to the 'change it back' crowd too. That little unicorn thing makes it look like a game for 5 year old girls. I don't want that on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrapper View Post
    Even if they add a pink pony to the character roster it's still not what the game represents. They are obviously doing this to pander to the my little pony fan base and that really sucks. It's dishonest thing for them to do as it gives a wrong impression of the game.
    Lol I was being sarcastic about the pink unicorn update btw.
    Kingdom of 😸Kittyville😸

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast