Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: The Battlegrounds and Its Levels

Rhino Keeper
    So I'm new to the game and I've been following the guide for battling in the battlegrounds, but even though I choose the right element animal, I seldom get a Critical and end up getting beat by the opponent despite being 2 levels higher and despite my attacks being supposedly 'Strong'.

I level my animal... and my opponent levels with me. I use a Strong attack and it does good damage and their not-Strong attack despite being leveled lower than me does more damage and so I get KOed.

Is this supposed to happen? According to the guide, it isn't, but I'm just having no luck whatsoever with the Battlegrounds. How can my opponent who is not only leveled lower than me but is also weak to my element manage to hit harder using a weak attack that is NOT Critical?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefyre View Post
    So I'm new to the game and I've been following the guide for battling in the battlegrounds, but even though I choose the right element animal, I seldom get a Critical and end up getting beat by the opponent despite being 2 levels higher and despite my attacks being supposedly 'Strong'.

I level my animal... and my opponent levels with me. I use a Strong attack and it does good damage and their not-Strong attack despite being leveled lower than me does more damage and so I get KOed.

Is this supposed to happen? According to the guide, it isn't, but I'm just having no luck whatsoever with the Battlegrounds. How can my opponent who is not only leveled lower than me but is also weak to my element manage to hit harder using a weak attack that is NOT Critical?
    The opponent has no Critical Hits. Only you do, and you get them according to odds set by your animal selection. There's actually nothing you can do that will GUARANTEE a win without the purple button. In fact, you can't even guarantee a LOSS! Believe me - I've tried to lose many times and failed. LOL

The opponent's range of damage is wider than yours by design. Also, a weak versus strong attack rating does not directly map to a certain range of damage delivered by you, but may affect the amount of damage you receive from the opponent. I will try to explain in more detail later.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Rhino Keeper
    I finished round 80 and won my troll without bothering at all about which type is strong against my opponents. Here's what I do: use a handful of super rare that I leveled up beyond 10, not all to 15. If one doesn't win, I try another. My animals heal so fast, the arena is ready so fast that I find it unnecessary to put energy and thought into looking up opponents in advance and try to find the right fighter.
    This of course means I'm not nearly as proud of winning as in DS

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefyre View Post

While the battle system labels some attacks as "strong" or "weak", 99% of the time, the only way to win is to get a "critical hit." And whether your strong or weak attack becomes a critical hit or not... it is chance. I have had some rounds of the battlegrounds take over a dozen attempts, all using the "strong" element, before I finally get a critical hit and win. I have also gone in with a "weak" attack, but gotten a critical and won the first try. Both those extremes have actually happened a lot. Whether some animals are more likely to get a critical hit (super rares = most likely? level 15 = most likely?) we don't know, unless Sandscape figures out something in her studies that have not been compiled yet.

In other words, whether you pick the animal and attack that is "strong" or "weak" hardly matters at all... if at all. ALL that matters is the luck of whether you get a critical hit or not. Get a critical hit, win. Don't get a critical hit, lose. Strong or weak is inconsequential. IMO, it's a stupid way to code these battles. But it is what it is. Like trying to breed the unicorn, all you can do is keep trying until luck eventually turns in your favor (if it ever does). With that said, best of luck to you!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    While the battle system labels some attacks as "strong" or "weak", 99% of the time, the only way to win is to get a "critical hit." And whether your strong or weak attack becomes a critical hit or not... it is chance. I have had some rounds of the battlegrounds take over a dozen attempts, all using the "strong" element, before I finally get a critical hit and win. I have also gone in with a "weak" attack, but gotten a critical and won the first try. Both those extremes have actually happened a lot. Whether some animals are more likely to get a critical hit (super rares = most likely? level 15 = most likely?) we don't know, unless Sandscape figures out something in her studies that have not been compiled yet.

In other words, whether you pick the animal and attack that is "strong" or "weak" hardly matters at all... if at all. ALL that matters is the luck of whether you get a critical hit or not. Get a critical hit, win. Don't get a critical hit, lose. Strong or weak is inconsequential. IMO, it's a stupid way to code these battles. But it is what it is. Like trying to breed the unicorn, all you can do is keep trying until luck eventually turns in your favor (if it ever does). With that said, best of luck to you!
    Not quite. I have it figured, but can't find the time to write it up. You do NOT absolutely need a Critical Hit to win. And trust me for now that the attack ratings do matter; just not the way you might expect. Weak attacks can and do win, and strong attacks have a better shot. But other factors help determine the odds. I don't want to write a book, so for now, the long and short of it is to just keep the strong attacks going.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    As of last night the hits are no longer labeled when I battle. No way to tell what's weak or strong unless you read some of the rankings posted here, but I'm wondering if this is TL's way of further stacking the odds against us. Maybe the rankings don't work anymore....??
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425