Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battlegrounds and Its Levels

Fashion Designer
    The type of attack you use DOES matter. Your fighter's rarity DOES matter. Its level DOES matter. Look it up in the game's FAQ section.
    However, those factors -- elemental type & attack, rarity, and level -- are merely criteria that factor into your odds of getting a critical hit. You can occasionally win without a critical hit, but you can't lose if you get at least one critical hit.
    Even if you pick the perfect fighter for the job and use the right type of attacks against an opponent of lower rarity and level, you can still lose. You're just highly LIKELY to win; not guaranteed. On the flip side, even the fighter who is least likely to win has a marginal chance of scoring a critical hit out of nowhere. LOL
    The power system is simple: fire is strong against nature; nature is strong against earth; earth is strong against water; water is strong against fire. Reverse them for weaknesses: fire is weak against water, etc. It's usually better to use hybrids because you want to match or exceed the rarity of your opponent.
    But when picking a fighter, don't just select one who has the attack type you need. Try to avoid one whose element/s has a weakness against your opponent's attacks. If the opponent scores only weak hits, your fighter may get a 4th attack!
    If dumb luck and persistence is your approach, that's fine too. It will just take you longer with more attempts. Just enjoy yourself however you do it.
    Look at it this way. My Ancient Sloth is now Level 10 and my Hydro Yak is evolving. But for all my precise strategy and haste, I now have no battles to fight. I've burned up all the excitement. Really not a good thing.

Executive Chef
    Level 29 is against a green faced baboon thing (can't remember it's name). Reward is the same as for level 28.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    I took down the Crystal Unicorn using my Level 10 Rock Rhino.

I am at level 14 and halfheartedly pecking at the big guy in the shirt at the end of the road because I have nowhere to place him if I knock him out at this point.

It took it two either hard hits or critical hits but I want to say hard hits because I think two critical hits would have put me on alert that my Rhino was being much stronger than usual but the ending was so unexpected that I will say they were hard hits, but the third was I believe because it happened so quickly and unexpectedly was called an Ultimate Hit! The Pretty Crystal Unicorn went up in a column of white snowy sparkle, like a verticle recrangular column, not the explosion I was expecting and certainally not on the second or third try! I reasoned that a single element might concentrate the damage better than some of my seemingly more powerful mixed element creatures but my reasoning is not usually so effective and the expected long battle didn't materialize, lol. In a way it was a bit of a letdown that I was able to beat such a rare and beautiful creature so quickly and easily, but of course to move on we all have to conquer it.

I haven't had that Ultimate Hit before or since then. I would be interested to see if others have experienced it. Sorry but I noticed the conversation about the Crystal Unicorn and haven't read all of the previous pages so please excuse my error if this is a usual hit that I have simply missed experiencing before. I would also be interested to see if the Unicorn can be beaten without it. Good Luck! Maybe it is not as invincible as I would have imagined given the cost and rarity.
    LOL. I think you accidentally tapped the purple button directly under the opponent. That is the ULTIMATE button and guarantees victory at the cost of 12 gems. For some reason, they have not labelled the button. (Probably because they want you to spend gems.)
    So, yeah, if the game said "Ultimate Hit" and played a different animation for the opponent's destruction, yup, you hit that button and paid 12 gems for it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    The type of attack you use DOES matter. Your fighter's rarity DOES matter. Its level DOES matter. Look it up in the game's FAQ section.
    However, those factors -- elemental type & attack, rarity, and level -- are merely criteria that factor into your odds of getting a critical hit. You can occasionally win without a critical hit, but you can't lose if you get at least one critical hit.
    Even if you pick the perfect fighter for the job and use the right type of attacks against an opponent of lower rarity and level, you can still lose. You're just highly LIKELY to win; not guaranteed. On the flip side, even the fighter who is least likely to win has a marginal chance of scoring a critical hit out of nowhere. LOL
    The power system is simple: fire is strong against nature; nature is strong against earth; earth is strong against water; water is strong against fire. Reverse them for weaknesses: fire is weak against water, etc. It's usually better to use hybrids because you want to match or exceed the rarity of your opponent.
    But when picking a fighter, don't just select one who has the attack type you need. Try to avoid one whose element/s has a weakness against your opponent's attacks. If the opponent scores only weak hits, your fighter may get a 4th attack!
    If dumb luck and persistence is your approach, that's fine too. It will just take you longer with more attempts. Just enjoy yourself however you do it.
    Look at it this way. My Ancient Sloth is now Level 10 and my Hydro Yak is evolving. But for all my precise strategy and haste, I now have no battles to fight. I've burned up all the excitement. Really not a good thing.
    What I have been saying is that I HAVE been using level 10 animals, and the attack that is the BEST attack vs. the opponent and still LOSING MANY MANY MANY MANY TIMES IN A ROW.

I GET that each element is strongest vs. another and weakest. I got that in the first few rounds of the game. I'm not stupid nor am I not paying attention to that stuff. What I'm saying is that it's lame that the game mechanics are such that a level 10 animal using the best attack can lose at least 7 times in a row (and counting!)... and that's only battleground level 25!!! And that, on the flip side of that same coin, a lower level animal that does NOT have the best attack can win first try... frequently! Because luck is WAY disproportionately more of a factor than strategy.

I am NOT trying to win through dumb luck and not using my brain at all as you seem to think I am. I am trying to win with strategy but what I'm saying is that the dumb luck of the game mechanics is preventing me doing so. Quite the opposite!
    Last edited by zenobia42; 07-29-14 at 04:54 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Well I'm only on level 25 and an animal with the best type of attack vs. that opponent lost 4 in a row. For a few levels now, I win if I get a critical hit, even if it's a weak attack. And lose if no critical hit. So if the strategy works, it's only for the first 20 levels or so. ALL the rest of the battleground levels would therefore appear to be 100% about getting a critical hit unless they get weirdly easier later. I guess what I'm saying is it would be nice if the game were tweaked so that using level 10 animals with the best attack could ACTUALLY be effective after level 20 and not 100% dependent on the dumb luck of getting critical hits.
    I'm on level 105, and I've already lost more than 4 times in the same battle. In the begging we probably won on 1st, 2nd or 3rd try 'cause the opponents are on a low level, but when we face animals with level 7, 8, 9 or 10, they attempt to be more difficult.. That's what I see.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    What I have been saying is that I HAVE been using level 10 animals, and the attack that is the BEST attack vs. the opponent and still LOSING MANY MANY MANY MANY TIMES IN A ROW.

I GET that each element is strongest vs. another and weakest. I got that in the first few rounds of the game. I'm not stupid nor am I not paying attention to that stuff. What I'm saying is that it's lame that the game mechanics are such that a level 10 animal using the best attack can lose at least 7 times in a row (and counting!)... and that's only battleground level 25!!! And that, on the flip side of that same coin, a lower level animal that does NOT have the best attack can win first try... frequently! Because luck is WAY disproportionately more of a factor than strategy.

I am NOT trying to win through dumb luck and not using my brain at all as you seem to think I am. I am trying to win with strategy but what I'm saying is that the dumb luck of the game mechanics is preventing me doing so. Quite the opposite!
    I was not at all implying that YOU are using the potluck approach. I'm only saying that you (or anyone) CAN. You may indeed be doing everything perfectly yet getting a horribly high number of bad shakes. You can have a 90% chance of rolling a critical hit and still fail to roll one 20 times in a row.
    Whatever your strategy is, the only escape from the system's built-in randomness factor is the purple button. Apart from that, all I can suggest is laughter.

Executive Chef
    The only thing about the battles that bugs me is that 3 strong hits won't take out your opponent. At least it hasn't for me.

I do like it that you have a quick energy recharge and can battle 2 times fully charged. That helps since you don't know your opponent until you choose to battle. And since I can battle many times in an hour I haven't looked at any of the strategies on what elements work best. I'm at battle number 79 at this point.

Rhino Keeper
    Ooo please help im stuck at level 30 fighting against infernus (vinotaur)level 9 what beats him???

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zummat View Post
    The only thing about the battles that bugs me is that 3 strong hits won't take out your opponent. At least it hasn't for me.

I do like it that you have a quick energy recharge and can battle 2 times fully charged. That helps since you don't know your opponent until you choose to battle. And since I can battle many times in an hour I haven't looked at any of the strategies on what elements work best. I'm at battle number 79 at this point.
    True. I don't see the point of having attacks graded as strong if they do no more damage than weak ones. I've never seen 3 strong attacks result in a victory. Yet, perplexingly, I've won a couple times with 4 weak attacks. Go figure.

Fashion Designer
    I've got new problems. The system just announced a goal to complete levels 41-120 of the battlegrounds and hatch a Hydro Yak. But the goal is coming quite late, AFTER I've already done those 80 battles.
    The goal completion window shows that I've hatched the Yak, but shows the last 80 battles as 0/80. So I can't complete the goal (which offers a gem reward). My battleground is closed. Now what?

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast