Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Type Strengths and Weaknesses

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jsburas View Post
    Having trouble beating level 34-the Spuce Moose. Any tips?
    Dark-Nature is best tackled with Electric-Fire, Dark-Fire, or Nature-Fire. If you don't have a super or rare among those types, the super Earth-Fire may manage, but with lower chances.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Farm Supplier
    SANDSCApe

I can't find your Making Sense of the Battlegrounds thread.
    Would love to access it.
    Is it in the Game Guides here ... or somewhere else???

Rhino Keeper
    Somebody could do an updated version of this, with all the electric and dark combinations? For example: how can I beat electric-rock?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by patriziaf View Post
    Somebody could do an updated version of this, with all the electric and dark combinations? For example: how can I beat electric-rock?
    SANDSCApe already has: you can find it in the Arboar Tournament thread.

New Resident
    Just beat Dark Water using Fire, critical hit first time

Host(ess)
    What animal is strong against the Chamenon?

New Resident
    I wonder if this is still useful since I replyed so late but I just found out that dark is strong against lengendary when I tried to **** the unicorn with my twilight troll and it would have worked if the troll gave me a critical hit. Hope this helps!

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    Dark is very good against Crystal (gem).

On level 70 there is an emerald dragon, on level 75 there is a Crystal unicorn. Use dark hybrids.

Edit: and on lvl 79
    My God thank you I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to beat that unicorn. If it wouldn't be considered really weird I would kiss you right now

Farm Supplier
    Skyger (dark) is strong against Crystal Unicorn

Rhino Keeper
    I don't know where the best place is for this comment but here goes.

When I'm in a battle I decide who I will choose to go up against the enemy with the following rules:

1) Look at the first (or only) "type" of the combatant
    2) Choose your fighter based on these rules of thumb(using loose scientific principals is the way I remember them). Choose your fighter with the highest rarity/level available to you with the rarity of your animal being more important than the level.
    a) for a water enemy use an electric animal(an electrical current will un-combine the water molecule)
    b) for an electric enemy use an earth animal(earth grounds electricity and makes it harmless)
    c) for a nature enemy use fire(fire destroys nature)
    d) for an earth enemy use nature(plants break up rocks with their roots)
    e) for a dark enemy use fire(fire dispels the darkness)
    f) for a gem enemy use dark(a gem cannot sparkle in the darkness)
    g) for a fire enemy use water(water extinguishes fire)
    3) Then check that the combatants secondary element isn't something that will counter your chosen attack. For example if you are facing a water/earth animal you would choose electric based on the rules of 2). But, the secondary earth element would negate your electric attack so in this case your should choose your fighter according to the secondary element of your enemy and choose nature instead.
    4) If the enemy has a first element that does not fall into the categories in 2) use same principals with it's secondary element(if it has one).
    5) If the enemy has a only a very rare element(not listed here) use your highest rarity/highest level animal of any category.

The first three rules should cover about 99% of the battles you will encounter.

I have found that winning a battle is mostly chance. In order to win you "must" get a Critical Hit. The chances of getting a critical hit are increased if you choose the right element to fight with and choose the highest rarity and level of animal with that element. But, since the battles are based on chance, you "can" get a Critical Hit using a Neutral Attack (nothing flashes when you use a neutral attack) and even a Weak Attack, although the chance is greatly reduced. If you choose an animal that does not give you a "Strong Attack" with one of it's elements try the other element on your next turn. Even with three "Strong Attack"s you can still lose the battle - and often do. Just keep making good picks based on the rules given and you should(eventually - maybe) win against a difficult opponent.

I hope this helps. Remembering the "loose science" rules can improve your confidence in choosing fighters for the battles and save the time needed to consult battle charts for every battle.
    Last edited by CocoMom101; 11-30-16 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added more information.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345