Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is the wall , where is the social spect of the game

I also wonder why the wall removal... It was a part of the game before this update. I understand the concerns (bullying/spamming etc...) but I like to chat with neighbors about things... Breeding combos, asking about eggs, and saying congrats! It's fine tho wall deletion takes waay to long sometimes (somes halfhour/45 min XP) that for me is a bonus for not having a wall!!

Why do I feel like they took away the wall so that others "can't" help each other, hence no breeding walls (like I have in DS) or not helping walls. It kinda feels intentional
    Dragon GirlRunning the Breeding wall has been my favorite part of DS because my NBRS are the best!!!

I think the optional idea is great! That way people could choose to talk or not
    Dragon GirlRunning the Breeding wall has been my favorite part of DS because my NBRS are the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    I for one am relieved to not have walls. I've long ago stopped checking my wall (and other people's walls) on other TL games because it's more of a nuisance than a source of information or meaningful communication.
    You can still help your friends out and visit their forests, so it's not the total isolation of the Dragon Story Arctic Isles (LOL).
    Since it's so easy to invite people (no need to type their S8 IDs or paste yours all over the place), it's really no big deal if a few neighbors delete you during an absence or for whatever reason. Invite them when you return or go find new ones!

Many advantages:
    No droves of players plastering add-me messages to your wall.
    No annoying posts that spam away comments you may have WANTED to read.
    No pests begging you for gems, or nit-picking that you haven't returned favors promptly enough for them.
    No more being the unwilling audience to petty drama, quarrels, poor language, or obscenity.

A couple disadvantages:
    Can't share info on breeding, battles etc unless you do it outside the game. I can live with that.
    No way to give verbal praise to another player. That said, please keep the visits and bonuses coming. LOL. Come to Satyr Santuary (Storm8 ID: SAND)
    i agree on the inviting part, and that would be great to keep the invite part like they have it but also to add the wall as an optional feature to turn on or off so others can make sure they don't miss visitors and we can help each other out with how we got certain eggs. The invite part is nice tho, so we don't have to keep up with Stormids

Quote Originally Posted by flowless View Post
    But the wall serve a lot

For example if iam on holiday and don't wish my neighbors to delete me while iam gone

To discuses breeding tips and combo

Not everyone come to the forums

It like playing in silence , weird

Or at least give us a sticky note to post something like
    Iam on holiday would be back ......
    Only add people with 3 or 4 stars
    Something like that

Thats another great point you have, if we take vacay, get sick etc. the wall allows us to notify each other. I just really get the feeling the wall has been removed for many reasons, like tips, tricks, etc

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerinagirl9 View Post
    Why do I feel like they took away the wall so that others "can't" help each other, hence no breeding walls (like I have in DS) or not helping walls. It kinda feels intentional
    Let's not get paranoid! Tell me ~ what does "running the breeding wall" mean?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerinagirl9 View Post
    Thats another great point you have, if we take vacay, get sick etc. the wall allows us to notify each other. I just really get the feeling the wall has been removed for many reasons, like tips, tricks, etc
    Which ever reason they have to remove it
    Is gonna harm the game in the long run
    Cuz it can get really boring with the breeding hours and waiting
    Neighbors makes the game interesting

Host(ess)
    @flowless - I agree. Why are the breeding times so much longer on FFS than DS?

Host(ess)
    I mentioned on the other thread that the wall could be an optional feature controlled by the settings - you could be able to turn it on or off. I agree that the wall has many other uses. I frequently ask my neighbors on DS about eggs they're hatching so that if I have the same one in my nest I know what to expect. (And, is it just me, or are the breeding times on FFS super long?)

The unfriendly visitors dilemma is one that is harder to solve. Perhaps Storm8 could have moderators searching for unfriendly posts? This does seem unrealistic, however, as there are probably too many FFS players to keep tabs on at once.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoymccoy View Post
    @flowless - I agree. Why are the breeding times so much longer on FFS than DS?
    I actually really like the breeding times. So far, commons take fewer hours than rares and super rares take the longest, which I think is a great idea. I also love that evolving times are way faster!!

Personally way better than 24 hour sunrise, 20 hour island, and 21 hour poison fails over and over!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast