Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Unicorn - 2014 Jul 24

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rivalotka2 View Post
    ... I guess you missed the part where i said MANY HOURS OF FAILURES ... Yes it DOES TAKE FOUR ELEMENTS to breed a unicorn i used aquatter and armordillo. I didnt get it til i reached level 21. I lost count of the ferrets and other commons that i have sold in the last week trying for this!!!!

I have bred every animal on my island except for the four base animals. EVERY hybrid i have has been bred! Just hang in there....
    Oh no, sorry, but didn't you just say you were Level 21 and just got your Unicorn? I said I have done, well close to the same thing, the hours and hours, days and days part. I didn't realize I needed to mention your effort in my post. Oh very well done, yes you put an excellent amount of effort into it. Bravo!

I don't know which Island is yours, sorry, and if I offended you I am sorry. I don't know what animals you have so you sort of came at me from left field but that is fine. Sure wish we could communicate in game. We could wave at each other!

FYI Not every animal I have on my island was bred by me. That you bred all of your hybrids is indeed amazing! No wonder you feel I should have mentioned you in my post.

I beat the Yak which presumably you haven't done and I got the Sloth as well, but except for those every hybrid I have has also been bred there.

I spent gems to speed through hatching and expansion and clearing waits, not buying animals.

My point is that I am repeatedly trying combination after combination in the hope of getting a Unicorn, but I would expect that just randomly, eventually given five basic elements I should be breeding a diversity, albeit weighted toward common and away from ultra rare.

For me, repeated four element mixing is not breeding a diversity. It is breeding Ferret/Racmoons. Nearly all of my hybrids are the result of element to element breedings, not from the four element breedings. Others are getting the Crystal Unicorn and it was mentioned earlier that it was a one hundred percent chance to get it if you bred four elements before Level 15, so people were getting Unicorns. Until it was mentioned that a four element breeding could produce a Unicorn, I had never been given any indication that a four element breeding would produce anything other than a Ferret. That had been my previous experience after multiple tries on the silly hypothesis that with four elements I might breed something besides the Ferret. After multiple attempts at three and mostly four element breeding and repeated three hour eggs, I stopped doing it early and bred more directly for what I wanted. Still mostly Ferrets, but the occasional diverse animal.

By the time I discovered here that people had not only let the cat out of the bag that it could be bred at Level 14, but were complaining about not having a habitat to put it in until they leveled up, of course TL fixed it for those people. I had just hit level 15 when that came out, and TL stopped the guarantee at Level 14.

I have still been trying. Obviously I have not done exactly as you have and I bow to your wisdom and greatness. If TL guarantees me a Unicorn at Level 21 I would be fine with that. I know it might not look like it but I did beat all the animals in the battles and I spent the $ to expand and clear shrubbery, so no I cannot say with any honesty that every hybrid I have has been bred by me. Some have been won in Battle.

So are you saying you have not been playing the game at all like the battles? You have only been breeding? If you got the Yak and the Sloth hybrids by breeding alone you are indeed lucky. Congratulations! I was under the impression that neither of those animals could be bred for. You have indeed earned the right to speak to me as if I should have run my post by you before posting.

I have been trying every possible combination I can many times, but my point is that the two element hybrids came from parents having those atributes, except for the one Dark that when I hit that point I was told the combination to use, but I didn't buy any animals. I have found it extraordinarily difficult for me personally, to breed even the expected animals such as the armordillo. I have only bred two. I believe I may have bred the breeding you mentioned multiple times, and likely will again, but I have bred one aquatter and the armorodillos NOT as a result of four element breedings, but of the occasional two element breedings.

Maybe a better measurement would be the number of animals. I have the four basic elements plus Dark, so that is five. I won two so that is seven more because I think it was understood that you get the one dark breeding. Possibly others have duplicated the Dark, I haven't read every post in the forum. I have 26 out of 37 which means I have bred 19 of my hybrids. Twenty one of my animals are level 10 or higher. I am at level 20.

I too have tried many many hours over days spent with the four element combination, and against the odds I have had to step out of the four element combination to get my other hybrid animals. As would be expected, I got more common than rare in the two element breedings, so there doesn't seem to be an issue there for me although I am still trying for an additional 10 hybrids plus the Unicorn.

Sorry to bother you. I see some of my neighbors passing me like I am standing still, and they have Unicorns. No, not everyone. But without a Unicorn I cannot raise the coins needed to level up the Habitats, and since the explosives no longer acrue, nor can I gain more from mining and since I can't earn more Runes or even if I could I can't bank them, so just saying there comes a point that if I can't breed or don't wish to buy a Unicorn for 2000 gems, I cannot reasonably expect to continue to be competitive and move along with my Level equal neighbors in this game. It shouldn't need to be said, but this is a forum, so obviously my neighbors at lower levels than mine are less likely to have advanced as far as I have, and those neighbors who were at a Level higher than mine when I befriended them would likewise be expected to have more animals at hgher levels than mine.

My issue is that I don't seem to be getting my hybrids out of the four element breeding except for the Ferret/Racmoon drops. It has been stated that the turtisle and armordillo no longer produce Unicorns. I tried that pairing multiple times as well. I know I seem stupid but it is just ignorance showing. Ignorance can be fixed amd that is why I posted here, to learn something, which I did, thank you.

I am just a dried up old granny with no need to mark my territory.

I will go quietly now and leave you to it.

Farm Supplier
    I'm guessing a high level super rare is more likely to get a crystal unicorn.
    If anyone manages to get one up to level 15, please post a pic. I wonder what it looks like.
    Last edited by Snowfall0; 08-04-14 at 07:46 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfall0 View Post
    I'm guessing a high level super rare is more likely to get a crystal unicorn.
    If anyone manages to get one up to level 15, please post a pic. I wonder what it looks like.
    Actually I got my first and second unicorn with low level parents!! The second one they were both level 6, but sadly luck in your game does play a part in getting one! My first I got around 12am, and second around 6am, but again it's all about luck! I would suggest you try breeding at different times of the day, and even night, I tend to get better odds at rares this way!! To all those who have yet to get one, keep trying and never give up!!! Wish you all the best of luck in getting one very soon!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Good heavens! There was NEVER any 100% guarantee of breeding Crystal Unicorn below L15. TL neglected to disable that breeding for lower levels and a handful of people got lucky. The player who bred a 2nd Unicorn from a different 4-element combo than the 1st was NOT below L15. That player went on to breed several more, using the first 2 Unicorns as parents. It should be noted that Dragonloona sped most if not all those breedings and hatching with gems. At the point where one is putting only the gemstone element into the breeding pool, we are no longer looking at a potluck of 4 different elements, nor a breeding-level glitch. Dragonloona's could do that because he/she was lucky enough to breed 2 Unicorns and had the gems and intuition to create clones from them. I don't know of any other player in that situation and no intervention from TeamLava was involved.
    To their credit, I've never known TL to remove anything that a player has either won or bred accidentally in ANY of their games. I've lost count of how many lucky loopholes closed up in various TL games before I could benefit from the coding oversight. All I could do was congratulate the lucky ones who ALWAYS got to keep their stuff.
    I don't know if I "deserved" a Unicorn. I only know that with my dismal breeding results, I badly needed one. Lucky for me and a few others, I got one. Game goes on. More stuff will open up. More breeds will be released. Breeding aside, it sounds like you've really progressed with with your forest and could do with an update.
    Meanwhile, the only trick I can suggest is a 4-element combo of Patience, Persistence, Hope and Humor.

Thank you for the nice comment about me, to be truthful, I only spent money just to speed the hatching and breeding up, the second one was just pure luck on my part, was trying to get better odds at the super rares that I've yet to get! But since I got the second one, I decided to breed them together so I could get lots of coins for the dark habitat.. And again didn't expect to get the 3rd one on first try either! It was all luck!! But if you see me on dragon story it took me over a year of trying for diamond dragon before ending up buying one lol!!!
    And yes the second crystal unicorn I did use a different pair, but was trying for other super rare creatures lol!!! I do wish all who have yet to get one will soon breed one!!! All players deserve to get one crystal unicorn!!! Also it's true I heard some people got one who wasn't at level 15, but I didn't start trying til I leveled up to 15 and got the habitat for it!! Again it's all about luck sadly, but wish you all lots of luck!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Keep trying. It's still early in the game, and 4-element combos can breed a variety of creatures you don't already have. Once you have a Skyger, try to avoid including both Fire and Water in any 4-element combo for Crystal Unicorn. If you don't have Darks yet, then Fire-Nature-Earth-Water will have to do.
    Do you know if there is a list of breeding possibilities? Or battle advantages? Or even a list of Eggs and hatch times? I use Wikia for Dragon Story. The battle chart has helped me win almost every tournament. wish I knew about it sooner. BTW I have really Enjoyed reading your posts here. Thx for sharing!

Fashion Designer
    55Lee55, you call that struggling? You have the super-rare Vinotaur on your nest. You also have several rare and super-rare breeds in your forest. Magmacore, Rampage, Bamboon, Glacial Griffin, Planther, Peamoth, Iciclaw, Solar Simian... I have NONE of those. If you want to see what a forest looks like when "struggling" to breed anything but the same old commons, come visit mine (ID is SAND). That herd of Pandas is there to make coins while I sell the stupid Ferrets, Armordillos and Plantlers that insist on showing up.
    If you can look past the Unicorn and the Dragon egg, you will notice I've bred only ONE super-rare and ONE rare.
    I went to visit your forest and can't believe it's the same player who's complaining here. Many will envy your place if they saw it.
    I have to laugh. Do you have any idea how many hundreds of dollars I spent, not to get most of those you list that I bred right away, but to get just one Plantler? I saw people with herds of the beasts and sold tons of the Rampages in the effort to get one of the beasties?

And one Armordillo (although I did get eventually get a second). And I admit that for the first few days I was impressed at my good luck. I had no idea at that time I was just breeding and getting lucky, but I actually did struggle hard to get the two above and they are very recent additions.

But I bred long and hard to get the Solar Simian (hatched yesterday maybe?) and the Vinotaur did just hatch. These were not cheap, and think about it. It is much more expensive to gem speed a rare than to gem speed a common.

That is why I think we should be able to save and trade eggs and animals. I started selling Iciclaws because I couldn't afford the Habitats! And it broke my heart to sell the rarest while looking for the common, but thats an issue and I wrote TL about it because when I see others having herds of an animal I am selling a rare animal to make room for, and they all sell for $100 so it is to each their own because TL has assigned them all the same value of $100.

I admit I did well out of the gate. Don't condemn me for it. There are eleven animals I still don't have. I think possibly the new baby might complete a quest, but except for the Yak Quest, and it took an email to TL for that because I wasn't given the quest to beat the Yak until after I had won all of the battles, I don't think I have actually completed a quest, although I am close to getting the bars to level 5. You do get a gem I believe.

I was playing more for the fun of the game but I see that it is not the correct strategy. Seems like the game has come to a halt. No use breeding if I have to waste explosives and can mine for minimal coins or food only, no battles, nowhere to go now. I can work on fattening up the stable I have. Yeah, I am ignorant. I am also old and toothless, lol

Tell me, which is worse, losing because you can't breed the rare or because you can't breed the common?

The thing is, I like looking at the animals others have, including your throw away Plantlers? Because I didn't have one until this weekend! I should have posted last week and asked how to breed one, eh?

I was nearly as happy to find I had a Plantler Egg and the same with the Armordillo as I would have been if I had a Unicorn, lol It really depends more on what you don't have than what you do and a missing puzzle piece on the edge makes it just as incomplete as one missing in the center, but maybe not so obvious, huh?

And it is a tiny bit hard to just look past the Unicorn and Dragon egg, ya got to give me that one for beating me up for being too lucky before I could afford to buy the habitats. TL gave in on Unicorns but they weren't going to give in for the less rare however rare they may be. More than one when you have to buy food to feed them with purchased gems and to speed up habitats to put them in is not the great luck you might imagine.

The grass is always greener

Enjoy!

Fashion Designer
    It looks like TeamLava has fixed that goose. No more golden eggs. You haven't bred a Crystal Unicorn AFTER you got that common primary animal, right?
    So it's not that the chances for Crystal are better. Chances for Crystal WERE 100% until you let the cat out of the bag. I'm guessing its now 0.5%. LOL.
    There are only 5 possible fails but those fails now have a high probability, with the pony and panda being the most likely outcome for any player luck enough to have 2 unicorn horns to rub together.

So you have 4 unicorns now, yes? Or is it 5? Either way, you are ROLLING in coins. Set for life! LOL
    Sorry, here is where I got the 100 percent from, and of course the "I got mine the first try"," Yeah me too" and "Who would need three Unicorns?", type of comments earlier in this thread, lol.

Give me a break, I am an old grouch! Well known fer it!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    Sorry, here is where I got the 100 percent from, and of course the "I got mine the first try"," Yeah me too" and "Who would need three Unicorns?", type of comments earlier in this thread, lol.

Give me a break, I am an old grouch! Well known fer it!
    Aha! The 100% was in reference to Dragonloona getting a Unicorn from using 2 Unicorn parents. At least it seemed that way until he/she got a common unicolor starter creature on the third attempt. If you read back through the thread, not that many players reported breeding a Unicorn. But the same people (guilty myself) mentioned theirs several times.

These threads can be misleading. A small percentage of players use the forums, and most who fail at a breed don't bother posting that they don't have the creature. Those who get lucky are most eager to post, which can create the impression that everybody and their cousin have the things you can't get. I have to go visiting if I want to see the many breeds of Fantasy Forest, since they mostly don't want to bless my Tree of Life. LOL. No worries. I may get them eventually; or never. Heheh.

I moved the preemie all the way to the back of my forest on the ice shelf, and gave the poster child Ferret that special, special place up front next to the Tree of Life.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonloona View Post
    Actually I got my first and second unicorn with low level parents!! The second one they were both level 6, but sadly luck in your game does play a part in getting one! My first I got around 12am, and second around 6am, but again it's all about luck! I would suggest you try breeding at different times of the day, and even night, I tend to get better odds at rares this way!! To all those who have yet to get one, keep trying and never give up!!! Wish you all the best of luck in getting one very soon!!!
    Ok, thanks! I really need a crystal, I am ridiculously poor xD I remember in DS, my friend got a diamond dragon on the FIRST TRY. Imagine my envy, lol.

Farm Supplier
    Aha! The 100% was in reference to Dragonloona getting a Unicorn from using 2 Unicorn parents. At least it seemed that way until he/she got a common unicolor starter creature on the third attempt. If you read back through the thread, not that many players reported breeding a Unicorn. But the same people (guilty myself) mentioned theirs several times.

These threads can be misleading. A small percentage of players use the forums, and most who fail at a breed don't bother posting that they don't have the creature. Those who get lucky are most eager to post, which can create the impression that everybody and their cousin have the things you can't get. I have to go visiting if I want to see the many breeds of Fantasy Forest, since they mostly don't want to bless my Tree of Life. LOL. No worries. I may get them eventually; or never. Heheh.

I moved the preemie all the way to the back of my forest on the ice shelf, and gave the poster child Ferret that special, special place up front next to the Tree of Life.
    What a lucky, lucky ferret. It must love living next to the tree of life, LOL.