Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Unicorn - 2014 Jul 24

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rivalotka2 View Post
    After many pairings and many hours of failures.... This the way to begin a rainy monday morning in the states...

Attachment 14657

WOO HOO...... GOT MY UNICORN!!!!!!!
    Congrats!! I've been trying exclusively for this one for a while now and still nothing. I even dropped 20$ on gems for speeding (told myself it was to help the game develope lol) and still nothing.

Fashion Designer
    Rivalotka2, welcome to the Ultra-Rare Society! LOL

My Unicorn & her Panda mate finally laid their Emerald Dragon egg in the Tree this morning, and my Breeding Gardens will now be empty for a couple days more. It's good to have the mommy Unicorn back in her habitat. Make that money!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Easy for YOU. Some of us are breeding nothing but commons. Like I said earlier, I bred with 4 elements at once out of sheer frustration. Now that I'm back to using 2-3 elements, the steady procession of Armordillos, Fairy Ferrets and Plantlers has resumed. Thank goodness for the battleground prizes of Ancient Sloth and Hydro Yak. Those are my super-rares. I've bred one rare. One. Aquatter.
    Of my 27 creatures, 24 of them are common. I have only 11 types (5 types of bred hybrids), so most of the 27 are duplicate Ponies & Pandas.
    If anyone sorely needed a Crystal Unicorn, that would be me. Can't wait until I reach Level 15!
    I'm in the same boat having difficulty getting super rares

Fashion Designer
    Will someone tell me what the trick is?

I have been trying and trying and no matter which four elements I mix I either get a Ferret or a Racmoon.

I had just hit Level 15 when the word came down that it took four elements, and apparently it was 100 percent chance of getting it if you were below Level 15 so TL shut that down.

I am now at Level 20 and selling nearly all the animals that come from that four element breeding, i.e. The multiple copies of the Ferret and Racmoon. I'm not only not getting the Crystal based animals, I am not getting at least a variety of other animals which chance should eventually allow. The animals that are two elements that I have were bred with two elements for the most part.

I have tried the combinations I have seen here. Many times. I must be extremely unlucky. Like someone above said, going to try only so long then deleting the game. It is simply too expensive and unfair. Except for uncovering the Water element animal by expanding to it, and the Yak which they needed to fix that, you have to pay for the dubious honor of doing anything in this game, something two or three times over when it comes to expanding.

At this level I am struggling because I have expanded to the limits and I can't store Runes. Just got sent to the mine once again with explosives, and at 20 Runes it simply stopped giving me anything except 50 food which I can get in less than sixty seconds, or $1000 which likewise, a minute or two. I am done with the battles. I have raised an animal to Level 15, and I built a giant farm but no way am I going to tie it up for $75,000 to buy nuts!

Apparently the storage is useless from the user standpoint because we can store nothing but path squares. We can't even store empty habitats there to hold them on a temporary basis so we can redecorate. Storage isn't for us, the Neighbors can't be communicated with, the explosives and runes stop accruing when you either try to use them to mime or not, they are gone, poof!

I am really trying to like this game. The animals are adorable, but I can't get over the lack of value when you spend twenty four hours hatching eggs that sell for four hundred coins which don't make a dent in the over $400,000 I spent for a Dark Habitat and I didn't get a refund when TL dropped the cost, but they crawled all over themselves to appease those who were getting so many Unicorns at Level 14 that they took care of those customers.

Guess that despite all of my personal protestations that TL doesn't play favorites, and there are random drops, they aren't random if they could be bred at Level 14 when the Habitat was not available. If there was ever a 100 percent drop for the four element Unicorn, there should be equity. Seems that wittingly or not, TL is playing favorites with this animal.

Equity would be to either guarantee every player one Crystal Unicorn at their first four element breeding, or remove the Crystal Unicorns from players who bred them under the guarantee glitch, and give them a token $100 as I get time and time again. Certainly it would be totally unfair to take away anyone's Under Level 15 bred Ultra Rare Crystal Unicorn, but it would be fair to give everyone one Unicorn but no more, because while some did get three or four under that bug, that would not be a realistic solution to give that many to everyone, but one TL? Just one?

Apparently the Ultra Rares pay a lot, especially the Unicorn, and there are people under level 15 complaining that they deserve Unicorns. For the price you put on everything TL, they do! I am Level 20 and still no Unicorn folks, so if you think you are hurting for income now below Level 15 think how much time and energy and gems if you spend them you will need to invest in this game to get to where I am, at Level 20, still breeding 3hr. eggs and not a single Unicorn in sight.

Can someone give me a hint what to breed to get something better than the Ferret and/or Racmoon?
    Last edited by 55lee55; 08-04-14 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Fixed.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post

I have been trying and trying and no matter which four elements I mix I either get a Ferret or a Racmoon.

I had just hit Level 15 when the word came down that it took four elements, and apparently it was 100 percent chance of getting it if you were below Level 15 so TL shut that down.

I am now at Level 20 and selling nearly all the animals that come from that four element breeding, i.e. The multiple copies of the Ferret and Racmoon. I'm not only not getting the Crystal based animals, I am not getting at least a variety of other animals which chance should eventually allow. The animals that are two elements that I have were bred with two elements for the most part.

I have tried the combinations I have seen here. Many times. I must be extremely unlucky. Like someone above said, going to try only so long then deleting the game. It is simply too expensive and unfair. Except for uncovering the Water element animal by expanding to it, and the Yak which they needed to fix that, you have to pay for the dubious honor of doing anything in this game, something two or three times over when it comes to expanding.

At this level I am struggling because I have expanded to the limits and I can't store Runes. Just got sent to the mine once again with explosives, and at 20 Runes it simply stopped giving me anything except 50 food which I can get in less than sixty seconds, or $1000 which likewise, a minute or two. I am done with the battles. I have raised an animal to Level 15, and I built a giant farm but no way am I going to tie it up for $75,000 to buy nuts!

Apparently the storage is useless from the user standpoint because we can store nothing but path squares. We can't even store empty habitats there to hold them on a temporary basis so we can redecorate. Storage isn't for us, the Neighbors can't be communicated with, the explosives and runes stop accruing when you either try to use them to mime or not, they are gone, poof!

I am really trying to like this game. The animals are adorable, but I can't get over the lack of value when you spend twenty four hours hatching eggs that sell for four hundred coins which don't make a dent in the over $400,000 I spent for a Dark Habitat and I didn't get a refund when TL dropped the cost, but they crawled all over themselves to appease those who were getting so many Unicorns at Level 14 that they took care of those customers.

Guess that despite all of my personal protestations that TL doesn't play favorites, and there are random drops, they aren't random if they could be bred at Level 14 when the Habitat was not available. If there was ever a 100 percent drop for the four element Unicorn, there should be equity. Seems that wittingly or not, TL is playing favorites with this animal.

Equity would be to either guarantee every player one Crystal Unicorn at their first four element breeding, or remove the Crystal Unicorns from players who bred them under the guarantee glitch, and give them a token $100 as I get time and time again. Certainly it would be totally unfair to take away anyone's Under Level 15 bred Ultra Rare Crystal Unicorn, but it would be fair to give everyone one Unicorn but no more, because while some did get three or four under that bug, that would not be a realistic solution to give that many to everyone, but one TL? Just one?

Apparently the Ultra Rares pay a lot, especially the Unicorn, and there are people under level 15 complaining that they deserve Unicorns. For the price you put on everything TL, they do! I am Level 20 and still no Unicorn folks, so if you think you are hurting for income now below Level 15 think how much time and energy and gems if you spend them you will need to invest in this game to get to where I am, at Level 20, still breeding 3hr. eggs and not a single Unicorn in sight.

Can someone give me a hint what to breed to get something better than the Ferret and/or Racmoon?

There is no "trick" involved in this. Just persistence and patience. I guess you missed the part where i said MANY HOURS OF FAILURES ... Yes it DOES TAKE FOUR ELEMENTS to breed a unicorn i used aquatter and armordillo. I didnt get it til i reached level 21. I lost count of the ferrets and other commons that i have sold in the last week trying for this!!!!

I have bred every animal on my island except for the four base animals. EVERY hybrid i have has been bred! Just hang in there....

can some one help me

Farm Supplier
    SANDSape and cquinn32

Thank you both...
    Last edited by rivalotka2; 08-04-14 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Grammer error

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post

Good heavens! There was NEVER any 100% guarantee of breeding Crystal Unicorn below L15. TL neglected to disable that breeding for lower levels and a handful of people got lucky. The player who bred a 2nd Unicorn from a different 4-element combo than the 1st was NOT below L15. That player went on to breed several more, using the first 2 Unicorns as parents. It should be noted that Dragonloona sped most if not all those breedings and hatching with gems. At the point where one is putting only the gemstone element into the breeding pool, we are no longer looking at a potluck of 4 different elements, nor a breeding-level glitch. Dragonloona's could do that because he/she was lucky enough to breed 2 Unicorns and had the gems and intuition to create clones from them. I don't know of any other player in that situation and no intervention from TeamLava was involved.
    To their credit, I've never known TL to remove anything that a player has either won or bred accidentally in ANY of their games. I've lost count of how many lucky loopholes closed up in various TL games before I could benefit from the coding oversight. All I could do was congratulate the lucky ones who ALWAYS got to keep their stuff.
    I don't know if I "deserved" a Unicorn. I only know that with my dismal breeding results, I badly needed one. Lucky for me and a few others, I got one. Game goes on. More stuff will open up. More breeds will be released. Breeding aside, it sounds like you've really progressed with with your forest and could do with an update.
    Meanwhile, the only trick I can suggest is a 4-element combo of Patience, Persistence, Hope and Humor.

Fashion Designer
    55Lee55, you call that struggling? You have the super-rare Vinotaur on your nest. You also have several rare and super-rare breeds in your forest. Magmacore, Rampage, Bamboon, Glacial Griffin, Planther, Peamoth, Iciclaw, Solar Simian... I have NONE of those. If you want to see what a forest looks like when "struggling" to breed anything but the same old commons, come visit mine (ID is SAND). That herd of Pandas is there to make coins while I sell the stupid Ferrets, Armordillos and Plantlers that insist on showing up.
    If you can look past the Unicorn and the Dragon egg, you will notice I've bred only ONE super-rare and ONE rare.
    I went to visit your forest and can't believe it's the same player who's complaining here. Many will envy your place if they saw it.

Executive Chef
    Now at level 23. I hope this is my lucky level!!
    Main id: squinn1981