Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Unicorn - 2014 Jul 24

Executive Chef
    Still none for me. Been trying since the game started. Reached max level days ago. Have kept animals breeding and eggs incubating 24/7, along with gem speeding up the majority of them, and no crystal unicorn. And ELEVEN total animals still not in my park. WHERE does everyone else get all their luck??????????

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Still none for me. Been trying since the game started. Reached max level days ago. Have kept animals breeding and eggs incubating 24/7, along with gem speeding up the majority of them, and no crystal unicorn. And ELEVEN total animals still not in my park. WHERE does everyone else get all their luck??????????
    Don't worry just take it easy and always put 4 colors breeding at a chance of a diamond. When you least expect it you'll get it. And on the way you'll probably get some of the other animals you are missing. I only have 26/40. But since hit level 15 been putting 4 colors in breeding now on level 18. I don't really speed breed. So maybe try not speed breeding? Just got my 45 hr breeding time with icelaw and peamoth.

Good luck
    "Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."

Rhino Keeper
    I got a dream last night that i got 2 unicorn in a row by breed.. Not sure but it seems like something red and blue.. And then i woke up and still no unicorn at my FS. I breed the famous ferret and racmon and all i got is... Another ferret. Sigh.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I completely agree. RNG definitely seems to favor so many more than not...I'm also max level and have been trying since I had four different types to get the unicorn to no avail. And yet, when I visit other peoples islands, regardless of level, half or more always seem to have a unicorn den. And since I have 4 stars from visiting I see more than enough to be able to compare. It's reached the point where I hate visiting someone else's island since more often than not there is a unicorn there to taunt me.

I normally don't mind it taking awhile to get an ultra rare breed...a part of me expects it. I think it's more infuriating that so many do have it so quickly and yet the wealth hasn't spread to those of us who have perhaps been trying and exerting a lot more effort.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by igames4me View Post
    Don't worry just take it easy and always put 4 colors breeding at a chance of a diamond. When you least expect it you'll get it. And on the way you'll probably get some of the other animals you are missing. I only have 26/40. But since hit level 15 been putting 4 colors in breeding now on level 18. I don't really speed breed. So maybe try not speed breeding? Just got my 45 hr breeding time with icelaw and peamoth.

Good luck
    I fully agree with this. And my unicorn also happened when I had stopped speed breeding.

Fashion Designer
    I am on level 24, still nothing for me either. And what is worse, with four elements to breed I always get same common animals like armordillo, planther, rainguin, racmoon... And then when I am fed up I put one symple pair with only two elements and I get some of the rare or super rare that I am missing. But that never happens when I breed four elements, it's really frustrating trying for unicorn all the time and getting those annoying duplicates

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    I am on level 24, still nothing for me either. And what is worse, with four elements to breed I always get same common animals like armordillo, planther, rainguin, racmoon... And then when I am fed up I put one symple pair with only two elements and I get some of the rare or super rare that I am missing. But that never happens when I breed four elements, it's really frustrating trying for unicorn all the time and getting those annoying duplicates
    Are you saying you've found a way to (almost) ensure a rare or super-rare breed? LOL. But that Midas touch leaves you cold because your 4-element couples haven't done the 45-hour dirty dance?

You HAVE to expect 4 elements to churn out more commons, by virtue of the fact that 4-element combos have something like 20 possible outcomes while 2-element pairs can only produce 3-4 different offspring. A 2-element pair can only produce 1 common hybrid, compared to the 6 common hybrids you can crank out from a 4-element couple.

And when all is said and done, we are left with the fact that commons are ... well... common, meaning most likely to occur. And when you increase the number of possible outcomes by 5x or 6x, heck yeah, it's likely to rain Ferrets, Armordillos, Plantlers, Planthers, Skygers, Firefoxes, Turtisles, Rainguins, Racmoons & Chromadiles. Why wouldn't it?

But seriously, I would trade you an Emerald Dragon for your 2-element mojo.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

I'm sure it is very easy to point out the (obviously unfortunate) odds once you already have what some of us have been trying so hard for. Maybe sometimes it's better just to sympathize with the venting of what us a very frustrating endevor.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticfrost View Post
    I'm sure it is very easy to point out the (obviously unfortunate) odds once you already have what some of us have been trying so hard for. Maybe sometimes it's better just to sympathize with the venting of what us a very frustrating endevor.
    My response is my own. I choose humor over frustration; otherwise I couldn't enjoy this game myself. I DO sympathize; but I also have the right to humorously envy the ability to effortlessly breed rares and super-rares with 2-element combos. That's what caught my attention in the post to which I was responding.

I know the popular attitude on these forums is to constantly gripe over a game, hating it yet still playing. The heck with that. You can throw a pity party, but an idiot like me may still show up with balloons. Here, have one. I drew a sad face on it for you. A sad Unicorn face. Yes, I'm doing my civic duty to be appropriately sad about the Crystal Unicorn not arising out of countless 4-element combos.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Farm Supplier
    Exactly! If this game sucks so much, then why does everybody keep playing, are they just unable to beat their addiction? Games should be about fun, even the more frustrating parts. Those are in the end the ones that make it the most interesting.

I had been on level 30 for days and it had been raining armadillos and rainguins when I finally got my unicorn. I was a little jealous of all the players that had gotten the unicorn so early because of the bugs earlier on. But I knew the unicorn was what made things most interesting for me at the time.