Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Requesting things from Neighbours

Requesting things from Neighbours

I am sorry if this has already been answered 100 times but can someone explain how getting things (not gifts but things like helping hands for the new caravan) works?

I understand you can only receive 20 per day, what I don't understand is that people say when you ask more then 20 people it can "clog up the responses". I have tried asking only those I believe to be active but I rarely get 20 responses a day. I just keep asking all my neighbours hoping to get 20 responses.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone from TL explain this supposed clogging issue?

Executive Chef
    If you read about 3 messages down on the following link https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....l=1#post583015 Maguar has a fairly concise explanation on your question. The clogging issue may have been true once upon a time. His suggestion of 25-30 requests sent a day to get 20 back is reasonable. Depending on how active your neighbors are, you may want to send out 30.

Thanks for your answer and the link. I figured it was in here somewhere.

Problem is I am not sure its entirely true. My husband has a kingdom that he only checks when I ask him to send me stuff. He seems to get my requests everytime I send them regardless of how many I sent total. Also if this explanation is true then what happens to the next days requests? They go in the queue and go out 2or3 days later? As in if I send out 60 requests today then 20 go out today and 20 tomorrow. But tomorrow I can send another 60. So do tomorrows requests only go through after todays 60? Which means i am always at least 2days behind? (I hope I am making sense).

Rhino Keeper
    Personally I'm as puzzled too, but... Right now I'm getting more responses then before

For a while I sent only 20 out daily, and never got all back. On busy aka new quests I got sometimes only 10 responses or so. And that while I sent some to people I KNOW are active and responsive. (I tend to delete inactive neighbours) So I figured that there might be also a max of requests a neighbour CAN receive. When a quest like this is running, where virtually everybody and their gran sends out requests, people might reach that max, and your request won't reach them on that day?

Anyway, I don't have too many neighbours (and happy with that) and so I sent a request to all daily. That way 20 will receive a request and so far it works pretty well for me.
    I could be wrong here, but I sent out my 3rd request an hour ago and am on 53%. Which means it works better for me this way, and any clogging that might go on after I got the needed responses, I'm fine with...bc it won't affect me. I have no other requests to send out, and by the time I do, any back log will be cleared

Edit to add...make that 56% by the time I finished writing this post ....I'm going to keep ignoring the backlog until someone can tell me a way to get the same result with "careful" requesting
    Last edited by Gabi2111; 07-19-14 at 02:43 AM.

I have 28 neighbours (3 new since this new caravan quest started). I ask them all each day and shouldn't really be at risk from the 'clogging' problem - which I also have trouble completely believing, poopher. I guess some neighbours are inactive but I have had a few requests for help from neighbours who have not returned the favour. I don't want to be judgemental and dump them in case it is a 'clogging' issue but it sure generates some feelings of frustration towards the neighbours who don't seem to be playing fair.

I think the best answer would be for TL to come up with a tally table so you can which neighbours have received your request and which have responded. That way you could at least make an informed decision about whether you will keep a neighbour or not.

Poopher I sent you a neighbour invite btw. My ID is pixsmith for anyone else who is a fair neighbour.

Executive Chef
    I always struggle with this type of challenge. I have sent out 60 requests so far. And am currently on 21%. I've been playing since May. So it can't be a third have stopped playing. I must have accepted 60 or so helping hands but don't seem to get the same return. Same with the summer gazebo quest. Am I doing something wrong?

Rhino Keeper
    I think the "clogging" is an urban legend....

New Resident
    I have found with this summer challenge that I have sent out requests to neighbors and don't get any response yet the neighbor will have visited my kingdom and sent me requests. These are good active neighbors who exchange gifts and requests all the time. I don't get what is going on with this requesting system. I am sure if they were getting it they would respond I don't think that is the problem

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by orlsworth View Post
    I have found with this summer challenge that I have sent out requests to neighbors and don't get any response yet the neighbor will have visited my kingdom and sent me requests. These are good active neighbors who exchange gifts and requests all the time. I don't get what is going on with this requesting system. I am sure if they were getting it they would respond I don't think that is the problem
    Agreed. Try ignoring the 20 only rule and send requests daily to all your neighbors and see what that does. Since I'm doing that I'm getting 20 responses daily

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I always struggle with this type of challenge. I have sent out 60 requests so far. And am currently on 21%. I've been playing since May. So it can't be a third have stopped playing. I must have accepted 60 or so helping hands but don't seem to get the same return. Same with the summer gazebo quest. Am I doing something wrong?
    You can only get 20 per day back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast