Thread: Can anyone explain how the ?Social Star? ratings works with Home Design?

Farm Supplier

Can anyone explain how the ?Social Star? ratings works with Home Design?

I have never seen any game with such an insane social rating scheme. It is crazy. I visit my neighbors with social ratings of SIX but as I click likes their social rating drops with every click. A neighbor with a social rating of SIX can drop to ONE depending on how many likes I click / are available. If someone is full and no likes are available, their social rating remains untarnished. I have absolutely no idea how my social rating appears to my neighbors. I can visit every neighbor I have (and community members) but my rating never exceeds 4. There is more...When my rating occasionally drops to 3, I can see the accumulation bar. But as soon as I reach FOUR, the bar disappears and all I see is a cheesy DOS text 4. In other words, the accumulation bar disappears and all I see is a plain 4.
    Does anyone else see the same thing? What is the deal? (I am playing on an IPAD version 2 or 3.)
    Last edited by TrixiDeCat; 07-11-14 at 07:56 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    When you visit a neighbour the number six isn't their social rating. It's the count of the number of times you can help them that day. It's been awhile since I played but I think their rating (while you're visiting them) is in the bottom left corner. You can also see it through your neighbour list.

You can see your rating by looking at your profile.

The rating goes from 0 to a max of four. If you continue helping people after you reach four behind the scenes your score still increases - just not your ranking. Each day the score reduces by a percentage. This is why you can drop from four to three. This is to encourage people to visit daily and keep their ranking up. However if someone hasn't logged in for ages their ranking will stay the same until they log back in and then it'll drop to zero.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Farm Supplier
    I've been playing for a couple weeks now and can see what you explained is exactly true! Thanks.

New Resident
    Similar question... What does a social rating of 4 get you?

Quote Originally Posted by 11Yonce11 View Post
    Similar question... What does a social rating of 4 get you?
    This is the REAL question. What do you get in return for spending time looking at other people?s homes? If it lets each person give me more sparkles, that is great.