Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotation of Observatory causing problems

Executive Chef
    I have it out but I never collect from it because the rotation makes me feel a bit queasy
    My Storm8 ID's are midnightmeerkat and snowyhillz

Fashion Designer
    I know I have mine on the last expansion in northeast that sticks out by itself with trees all around it. Most of the time I never move the board up high enough to see it and collect from it.

Farm Supplier
    I haven't built the observatory because of the rotation, and it's just such an ugly building. But, can someone tell me what it actually does and it's connection with the Fortune Teller Tent. It seems I might need to build it, but need to know it's worthwhile first.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by germander10 View Post
    I haven't built the observatory because of the rotation, and it's just such an ugly building. But, can someone tell me what it actually does and it's connection with the Fortune Teller Tent. It seems I might need to build it, but need to know it's worthwhile first.
    I can't remember if there was a goal which made you build it, I have a feeling there was, but I can't easily find it in the game guide. it doesn't do anything, just a coin collection building. In regards to the fortune tent, here's a copy of goal from page 1.

The Shining Fortune

(It's some place dark!)
    Collect from Observatory x 1
    Rewards: Wisp Lantern x 3

If you don't collect from the observatory it won't spin. I don't have it on my board, it's in storage, just because it takes up space I want for other things. Good luck in your decision.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-12-14 at 03:01 AM.

Fashion Designer
    The fortune teller is first goal for observatory, I never built it until recently so I could have one of all buildings.

Fashion Designer
    why not just leave it uncollected. if it has the coin, it doesnt rotate

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    I agree but if I don't collect coins it just takes up space and is quite ugly. I don't think this is a popular building because I don't see many when visiting. Perhaps like mine storage is where it ends up.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    My OCD won't let me leave it uncollected for very long. Lol

Farm Supplier
    Ah, the poor maligned observatory. I love it! I have used it as a barometer of an active kingdom until reading this thread, lol. Windmills too.

Rhino Keeper
    I like the appearance of the building, but I found it hard to place without blocking other buildings/items. One day I accidentally sold it instead of placing it in storage and I haven't missed it. I have more valuable buildings to collect from now, I'm not short on royal points, and the space in my kingdom is valuable I think it's worth it to build it again when I get closer to that quest (I just recently bought the fortune teller tent) and I'll store it afterwards to add in case I need a coin or royal point boost one day, but I probably won't go out of my way to find a permanent spot for it and it'll be second priority to the main quest line as far as using my resources.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12