Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inactive Players

Executive Chef
    Here's what I use to do. Every 6 months when I see a new thread on deleting inactive neighbors I run to my neighbors list and starting with A-C then D-F (etc), I visit and check for new items, current wall postings and if buildings are at work. If it looks suspiciously inactive I post a nice message on their wall that I'm cleaning up my nbrs list and if they could please let me know if they are still playing. Then after a few days I get distracted and forget what I was doing. Then 6 months later start the whole thing again, notice that the last message on some of my neighbors' walls are 6 months old from me asking if they are still active and know those are the ones to delete.

Now I wait for a goal that requires asking my neighbors for help say 50 requests. I then send out about 30 a day for several days (solely to see who will respond) and make a list of everyone who responds. I give it a week after the goal is over (because responses will still come in after the goal is fulfill) and anyone who did not respond gets deleted. If it's someone I use to be in contact with, etc, I'll visit on them and ask them if they're still playing just to be sure.

Personally, I don't care if someone doesn't visits me regularly or taps hearts or has no social rating. I only care if they respond to requests. So if they aren't responding to those then I just let them go. (That has nothing to do with those neighbors I love and adore and regularly visit me. In those cases their visits are very important :-))

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    ?..
    Now I wait for a goal that requires asking my neighbors for help say 50 requests. I then send out about 30 a day for several days (solely to see who will respond) ...
    But we cannot receive more than 20 requested items per day, I think. At least that's what I found. And it seems that some requests and the items take a few days to reach the intended recipient. (I have a few castles so I can check those things).

Rhino Keeper
    I use the level of the players. When sendinf out request I send to any player over 35+, unless it's a new invite that just started to play. But generally, I check to see if players up thier levels.
    Obviously this system doesnt work when a level 50 player stops playing. But most level 50 players are still active.

Executive Chef
    To make life easy, just deleted all the current neighbors on our game & add whoever posting on this thread. That should give us enough active neighbors to finish any quest?

Quote Originally Posted by tuskmage View Post
    To make life easy, just deleted all the current neighbors on our game & add whoever posting on this thread. That should give us enough active neighbors to finish any quest?
    You are funny. Lol But some of these suggestions WILL take a lot of work and take time from actually playing the game. So I see why your approach seems so tempting lol

Some people take a break of the game and only come back from time to time to gift back or answer requests and sometimes collect. These players sometimes don't even read their wall but when they are fully active again, they will read the message of cleaning the wall and add them if a mistake and I'm sure they will re-add.

Good luck!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskmage View Post
    Good idea but that would rely on everyone actually accepting your new neighbour request or you end up with no neighbours. I've been getting a ton of new neighbour requests out of nowhere recently. They didn't visit or write on my wall so must have just got my ID from the forum. Unless I recognise a name from the forum I ignore the requests.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    Good idea but that would rely on everyone actually accepting your new neighbour request or you end up with no neighbours. I've been getting a ton of new neighbour requests out of nowhere recently. They didn't visit or write on my wall so must have just got my ID from the forum. Unless I recognise a name from the forum I ignore the requests.
    I visit you often, but just assumed you were full of neighbours. i also get requests out of the blue. i often accept them.when quests need neighbours, I send to those i KNOW are playing. It usually works for me.

I don't accept nbr requests either if they don't even bother to visit. I mean when they send the request they have the option to visit, whereas, I can't visit them so I delete.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kudukuda View Post
    I visit you often, but just assumed you were full of neighbours. i also get requests out of the blue. i often accept them.when quests need neighbours, I send to those i KNOW are playing. It usually works for me.
    Oh yes, I remember you. I do have enough neighbours (only like 60 or so but enough for me) but never mind adding someone from the forum that I actually recognise.

Executive Chef
    Personally, I never reject anyone requested me as a neighbor & I never deleted anyone off neither I don't really care if they are active or not I never had any issue with the require items for quest that I need to request from neighbors However, there's one neighbor that I really want to delete from my list is Stormie's. Nothing, I just want to delete him because I can't. I just hate to live with someone that's not by my choice.

PS. at least those player who send us neighbor request are active players so try not to decline them if we care about having active neighbors. Cheers (^=o=^)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast