Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inactive Players

If they always have buildings with hearts (sure sign they're active), but don't visit/help/gift anyone (always 0 SR hearts), EVER, I remove them after a month.

I practice what I preach: I visit/help all my neighbors, almost daily, and rotate gifts (A-Z) to all with 3/4 SR hearts. I don't require proof (posting on my wall or notices on my news feed). Their SR rating is proof enough that they're active AND good neighbors

Executive Chef
    An add'l easy way to tell recently...if they're level 20+, do they have at least the base of the gazebo on their board?

EDIT: LOL, I just noticed (i.e., read more thoroughly lol) your initial post/question & you already mentioned this very thing (gazebo) lol... So... Disregard my suggestion lol

I do a lot of the same things already listed by others.
    I also ask them on their wall "still playing??" - if I get no response in a week or 2, then I assume they're not playing and get the axe...or homemade wooden sword...or enchanted blade...or excalibam...or night glimmer sword...or day glimmer sword...or magic scissors...or hedge trimmer...or ice brand...or builder's hammer...or golden hammer...
    Or when all else fails....the troll club! LOL
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 07-09-14 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Addition

Fashion Designer
    in the year+ i have been playing i think i have even looked at my wall maybe 3 times.

Rhino Keeper
    I make a list of everyone, then remove if they visit me, gift me or respond to a request. Or if i can see that they've got stuff from the latest updates. This gets rid of quite a few. The remaining ones I make a note of their level and the number of RP they have at that time, then check periodically. If these numbers change then they must still be playing so i remove from my list, if they haven't after a while then I'll get delete as a neighbour.

As a player, I don't always visit others or collect from all my buildings or look at my wall

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    An add'l easy way to tell recently...if they're level 20+, do they have at least the base of the gazebo on their board?
    My son play daily on his account, level 20+ and no Gazebo… not finished and he need space, so put in the inventory...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    in the year+ i have been playing i think i have even looked at my wall maybe 3 times.
    I guess if you never visit, don't respond to requests and never check your wall it won't be a surprise if someone deletes you!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jir67 View Post
    My son play daily on his account, level 20+ and no Gazebo? not finished and he need space, so put in the inventory...
    Yes, but if he was my nbor....
    1) I would have caught that cuz I visit all of mine daily & would have seen it before he stored it.
    2) He probably would have also met some of my other criteria for being an active nbor FIRST (visits &/or gifts me in return & responds to my requests).

My suggestion for the gazebo on the board was just an *additional* thing to look for, not the only thing.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 07-10-14 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Ps removed

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by cakefordinner View Post
    If they always have buildings with hearts (sure sign they're active), but don't visit/help/gift anyone (always 0 SR hearts), EVER, I remove them after a month.

I practice what I preach: I visit/help all my neighbors, almost daily, and rotate gifts (A-Z) to all with 3/4 SR hearts. I don't require proof (posting on my wall or notices on my news feed). Their SR rating is proof enough that they're active AND good neighbors
    I'm the same I visit each of my neighbours every day and if I see a neighbour with a zero sr then I will leave them a message to say I will be deleting in a few days as I assume they are no longer playing. I do have 3 neighbours at the moment with zero rating but they all messaged me to say why the wouldn't be playing e.g., holidays, so I don't delete them. I have had some people leave the game however have messaged me to let me no that they are no longer playing which I think is the best way so people aren't wasting time trying to work out if the player is active or not.

Farm Supplier
    Never thought it would be important to have "active" neighbours. I don't mind when my neighbours never visit me or do not send gifts, since it is good for me to have them anyway:

When I visit them I might get energy which I am always short of.

As for presents, since it is only possible to send 3 gifts per day I really do not expect everybody to send me one. It is the energy which counts.

In addition, CS is not as community centered as other TL games:
    People don't need to have a certain number of neighbours for expanding, it is not possible to request needed parts from neighbours via menu, when neighbours visit and "like" buildings this just adds a little money but not something really useful (at least after level 40 or so money is not so useful any more. Starters never have enough money due to high costs for expanding and quests like "give 500.000")

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    I guess if you never visit, don't respond to requests and never check your wall it won't be a surprise if someone deletes you!
    Thank you Queenzod! I agree completely. I'm glad this thread was started, because inactive neighbors have really been on my "hit list". In the past 5-6 weeks I've deleted over 70 neighbors.

I return visit all who visit me and try to visit all 200 of my neighbors 1-2 times per week. Granted, that's my choice-- I like to see how others decorate their kingdom. There may not be a huge social aspect to this game (mainly because the ease of social interface is lacking), but if someone doesn't want to visit neighbors, check their walls, or respond to requests, then you obviously don't need neighbors and should use gems to skip past that portion of any quest.

Why should I, or anyone, visit and keep un-neighborly neighbors?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast