Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inactive Players

Farm Supplier

Inactive Players

In reading some of the posts these past couple of days, I've noticed members talking about deleting inactive players. I would like to do this, but how to I discern if a player is inactive? I've visited neighbors that I thought we're inactive, but I'm not sure what to look for. Is there a specific way to tell if a player has dropped the game? Obviously, if the player has a summer gazebo (even an unfinished one!) I know they are active, but what if the player just didn't do the quest and that's why they don't have one? Thanks!

Executive Chef
    I've wondered the same. I don't want to ask them to help on tasks if they've left. As it's a waste of an invitation.

Fashion Designer
    The way I did it:

I visited neighbours I thought were inactive, and checked specific working buildings (workshops, sawmills, mines, magic forges, windmills, glimmerbat habitat, observatory). When all was inactive I checked about a week later again. Still everything inactive? I'd leave a message at their wall saying I had removed them because I was cleaning out my neighbours and thought he/she was inactive. But if I assumed wrong, please accept my apology and invite me back as a neighbour (and added my ID)! (always be polite ).

I removed about 20, and received about 2 invites (mistake, they were active after all).
    No hard feelings, they understood. And I got rid of inactive neighbours.

Executive Chef
    Figuring out who is inactive is kind of complicated. Here's what I do:

1. Look at their wall. Are there active posts?
    2. What is their heart rating? There are people who don't visit because of time/interest constraints, but in my mind if someone has a zero heart rating, that's a flag.
    3. Can you tap hearts for them regularly? Buildings do reset over time, but if you're only getting hearts every 5 days or so, and there are a lot of broken hearts on their wall, that's another warning sign.
    4. Write "are you still playing?" on their wall. If they don't respond, they're probably not playing.
    5. Do they ever visit you?
    6. Does their kingdom have some of the latest stuff?
    7. Do they return your requests?

There's no absolute way to tell if someone is not playing. All you can do is try to piece together what you think by using the above tactics. If you're pretty convinced they're not playing, go ahead and delete them. If you like, you can post on their wall that you're deleting them and if you've made a mistake have them contact you.

Hope this helps!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Fashion Designer
    Ah yes, checking their walls! I did as well. Some have only very old messages, that's a hint as well....

Fashion Designer
    I play constantly, and I would fail 6 of your tests (all but #6) and occasionally #7 based on how many that day. Just because we don't play the "social" part of the game, walls, hearts, etc doesnt mean we are not playing.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I especially like the idea of posting something on their wall that I am deleting them because I think they are inactive, then giving them my I.d. so they can add me as a neighbor if I did delete in error.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    I play constantly, and I would fail 6 of your tests (all but #6) and occasionally #7 based on how many that day. Just because we don't play the "social" part of the game, walls, hearts, etc doesnt mean we are not playing.
    Then you would pass my little test. If you have the latest stuff, I know you're playing and won't delete you. I do have neighbors who have zero heart ratings and never visit, but I know they're playing. If I delete someone, it's because it appears they haven't been playing for months, not days. I didn't mean it as some hard and fast system. I was just explaining the pieces I use to try and assess if someone is playing or not. If TL would add some kind of date stamp to the neighbors list we wouldn't have to go through all this rigmarole.

As always, your mileage may vary!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    Just as Queenzod says you would pass my test as well: when someone is active I see specific buildings working in their kingdom! When all is down I check again later (and if I still have doubts, once again).

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ewoks1 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I especially like the idea of posting something on their wall that I am deleting them because I think they are inactive, then giving them my I.d. so they can add me as a neighbor if I did delete in error.
    It really worked for me.
    There's always a possibility someone is on vacation, or ill, or....

But as I said, the neighbours I wronged understood.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast