Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: July sneak peak? New update this week?

Rhino Keeper
    I know what your saying I to am at level 50 and feel all your frustrations.something is missing in this game as of late I think the story has gone of track a bit. Obviously whoever came up with the whole Castle Story adventure has since left and passed the game over to new people. Everyone has different ideas on how things should pan out so maybe we should just accept things are different? I've played avidly from the start but do question the randomness of the game in its present form. Back in the beginning there was more challenges that were down to the game player and not how the game was set. This , apart from Farm Story 2 is the only TeamLava game I play daily that can keep my attention but... I do wish we could get back to something like the main storyline the game started with.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    All I see is a sale for beginner players including wool, 100 energy, and a few of the glimmer blocks or whatever they are that cost gems and go away after hitting them about six times.

I have seen those sales usually during a new quest, like when the expansions come out, but unless something else is going on that hasn't shown up for me yet, I suspect we won't be having an update. Since I am done with the Gazebo (really love it!), leveled up to 50 last weekend, am well into collecting the last Dark Plants for my last Inscription, and am sitting on more than enough Expansion Permits to open up the last expansion square possible, which I was sitting on for a slow week to clear it out and park a beastie there. This looks to be a slow week.

I am a bit let down that there was no July Sneak Peak because I see nothing to look forward to for the whole month and I guess like a few others I got used to the suspense and speculation here we discussed the different possibilities and guesses that came up. I miss that for this month and wonder what it bodes for the future of the game. One possibility I see is that it may reduce community discussions here in the forum.

I wonder if there is a future left for me in this game, or have I hit the end for the foreseeable future at least, until there is a major change in the direction of the game, heading for the unknown sparkly cherub item for instance?

I was hoping Sister, Sister would indeed be a long term goal, but obviously I was in the minority and TL gave in and made it easier to finish quickly which I can't say I blame them because the outcry against having a long term goal was overwhelming. But for me, even though I felt no personal need to rush through it, I find that it is likely that by tomorrow or Saturday I will have no quest book, no July Sneak Peak so nothing to speculate about, no compelling reason to add points as I have reached the upper limit, no mew expansions to look forward to because we just went through a round of expansions, and I find myself here in my favorite game with nothing to work towards. I am maxed on most items.

Am I at the spot where I should step back and find another game to play until August or September, and hope that CS comes up with a new challenge for Maxed players, or do I assume that this is about all I am going to get from this game?

Am I the only one in this situation with their favorite game?

It feels sort of like empty nest syndrome when your oldest child moves away and the house it too clean and too quiet.

A little thankful for the break. It gives me some time to catch up (just finished the summer gazebo and awaiting the final quest for it)! I'm still working on the Goddess Tree and painstakingly collecting dark seeds for the Belladonna questline. I've been saving up glimmer shards/fragments to complete the Adamant Alchemy quest so Bella has been waiting quite a bit for her plants. I have soooooo much stuff to work on!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Sure. We've got Fortune Teller updates, a new Caravan (with much better rewards than the usual Caravans ), and the continuation of some Faerie storylines coming up this month!
    Thank you,I truly appreciate you being so involved on the forum!(how bout a girlfriend for Thurston to make him man up?)

Fashion Designer
    Sure. We've got Fortune Teller updates, a new Caravan (with much better rewards than the usual Caravans ), and the continuation of some Faerie storylines coming up this month!
    Ya! See something like this works for me and I am easy to please if I have a hint that there is something to look forward to!

But when I have been done with my Gazebo, we just expanded, and the sale is for wool, it seemed a bit like I had reached the end of the tether and was thinking about chewing the rope!

Thanks glimmergate! I just wanted to know if there was anything to look forward to after I send in my last Inscription! I know the main things that those still working on quests still have to look forward to, and those are the things that made this my favorite game. But lately the things coming up are aimed at mid level players. That is good business sense because there are more mid level players than those of us who have run out of things to the point we will have no Quest Book. Once I went about a week without a Quest Book but there were upcoming attractions, but even knowing things were coming, No Quest Book on the display is uncomfortable for me at least.

When I showed up today to see the weekly update, knowing that without one I will lose my Quest Book in a day or two and having nothing to look forward to, I had questions.

Thanks for answering glimmergate because I was considering to try to pawn my useless Fortune Tent!

End of griping, and this is still the best game! Thanks for the hope glimmergate!

Executive Chef
    Question for 55lee55: if you are nearly done with the inscriptions, did you really make them all yourself or did you buy the 5 when they became available through the other goal (or use gems for glimmerbits, seeds etc). Just curious if it is possible to finish already without gems.

I've not used any gems and am only at 13 inscriptions. I had a bit of a headstart as I had probably 100 plants or more crafted before they were needed.

Executive Chef
    Oooh that all sounds nice. I have no problem with a summer update lull, in fact a bit of a break now and then is good for me. I am hoping that the fortune teller tent is going to shower us in glimmer shards and fragments this time. Please?

Fashion Designer
    Thank you glimmergate. I, too am thankful for a little break, after working feverishly on the gazebo (done ! Pretty!)😄. Now I can do some of the other stuff.

Farm Supplier
    I am a level 50 player and to my knowledge have completed all the goals except for the Sister and the needed inscriptions-still working on that. The mention of NEW fortunes would be nice, but I don't ever remember receiving any OLD fortunes. Does any get any thing but coins from the Fortune Teller Tent? Coins are all I ever get and I visit the tent daily. I do love this game and would hate to have missed out on something in the past that could effect my future "Fortunes".

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonbuy View Post
    I am a level 50 player and to my knowledge have completed all the goals except for the Sister and the needed inscriptions-still working on that. The mention of NEW fortunes would be nice, but I don't ever remember receiving any OLD fortunes. Does any get any thing but coins from the Fortune Teller Tent? Coins are all I ever get and I visit the tent daily. I do love this game and would hate to have missed out on something in the past that could effect my future "Fortunes".
    All of the current fortunes (original & last update) are listed in the 2nd post, here:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-Teller-Quests

Executive Chef
    Sounds fun!.... Enjoy your 4th of July/summer break, TL - you deserve it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast