Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strategies for leveling up resource buildings

Rhino Keeper

Question Strategies for leveling up resource buildings

Hi! I'm on Level 26 and wanting to ask a few questions about when and if I should stop all my quests and level up my sawmills and mines.
    More importantly if I do, will I be able to get to a point where I won't have to buy trees and rocks to supplement?

Does leveling them to 5 produce more resources, Or simply just speed them up?

Most of my current quests only require happenstance items from trolls and other beasties so I have time to level up, but WoW do they consume the resources. (Resources I could be using on building a cathedral or amphitheater) I'd love to get to the point where I don't have to buy trees 10 at a time....does that ever happen?

What are you gals/guys thought about the best strategies

Executive Chef
    I am pretty sure that leveling up resource buildings ONLY decreases the time between collections. If upgrading them did increase the amount of resources they produce per collection, then I'd upgrade mine. But as it is, I see no reason whatsoever to waste resources and gold on leveling mine. I need them for all the quests I'm working on at level 30. My mines & sawmills are level 2; my stables and hatcheries level 1; and they are all staying that level for the foreseeable future. I don't understand why the upgrades cost SO much and give SO little. I mean, -10 minutes is only useful if you happen to be online exactly 10 minutes earlier to collect from them each time. Totally useless IMO.

I'm working on getting an amphitheater to finish "Micro Managing" (quest line eventually opens up the trade for fruits);
    "Strictly Ornamental" in the Sabina quest line;
    "Write the Wrongs" in the just-be*** Faerie Respite line (triggers when you reach level 30, I think, and have Sabina untangled;
    and just finished Part III / started Part IV of the troll quests.
    So my resources are all going into blocks and beams and the 2 months it seems to take to make one single stupid magic cement, and you need friggen FOUR of them for Sabina's house!

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks, I got both sawmills to lv. 3 but might just focus on getting wizzard schools up to 3 or so cause they give more energy.
    I need to build a cathedral and amphitheater (micro managing) to get to Sabrina.... But what's up w/ needing 70 FUR!?!
    The gazebo thing wiped me out and not a skunkupine in sight!

I feel ya tho on the magic cement I'm terrified of having to make them...lol

I'm at Chill out potion for Thurston...... Arg... Rat tails gone.
    fairy magic.....all fairy jars gone for gazebo too
    And friendly skunkupine......did I mention I haven't seen a beastie or troll for about two days now. I would love for it to start raining trolls boars or beasts

But yeah, really good to know that the sawmills don't give more. Anyone else have a different experience?

I'm playing for the longterm and really active, could use some super active neighbors to trade for furs.....Id: reliquary

Rhino Keeper
    There is one quest that requires you to have a level 5 deep mine. I can't remember which one, although I'm thinking it might be the one that gets you Sabina's cottage. So you do end up upgrading one deep mine in order to continue the quest line.

Executive Chef
    In the Greselda Quest, you are going to upgrade the Theater, Jeweler, & Conservatory to lv. 5. In the Blythewood Sapling Part 2 you will need a Level 5 Library and a Level 5 Deep Mine. I want to say there is at least one more quest where you have to have a Level 5 building.

Executive Chef
    I'm usually maxed out on stones and other quarry products (except for when quests wipe out my stocks), but I suspect I'll be a tree farmer until I quit playing.

Rhino Keeper
    Wow thanks so much for the advice!......I really haven't looked that far ahead for all these quest requirements

I really love when I fianally get something upgraded before it calls for it and the windows bounce up quickly for the rewards!

Don't really mind being a tree farmer, but the ratio for iron ore to rock in an outcropping is re-dunk-ulous!
    I've got piles of rocks takin' up space cause I just need the ore

I'm a block and beam machine.....and only make lanterns before going to bed at night
    3 royal beams, then 3 royal blocks, then 3 wisps.........and still always out of wood and stone
    At least I'm beyond the sap drought phase...Lolz

Executive Chef
    Once you get to a certain level your resources build back up very quickly, and even more so if all your resource buildings are upgraded. You can wipe out all of your stock and get it back within a day. You rarely have to chop trees or rocks Eventually, you'll want to get things upgraded, if only to get rid of the upgrade screen when you tap on it to see how much longer until collection. Take your time. There's no rush! Do it at your own pace and you won't get frustrated.

Happy gaming!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Take your time. There's no rush! Do it at your own pace and you won't get frustrated.
    I agree.

It's worthwhile upgrading a Wizard School to max level because it gives you more energy when you collect. Other than that, I would suggest upgrading building to max only when needed to advance a quest. In the meantime, just keep those resource buildings churning out blocks, beams, glues & enchanters essence when your close to maxing out on materials. You will eventually discover that you've accumulated enough materials to do a particular upgrade.

Always upgrade your resources buildings. In the long run it will help to maintain supplies at the highest levels and save you the grief that so many players express during the timed events. I am currently building my gazebo stress-free!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast