Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Even Bother?

Fashion Designer

Do You Even Bother?

Do you even bother with the Arctic isles?

Before I even start a rant, I'm just going to say, Im not trying to sound like I'm not grateful for all of TL's hard work and awesome development, because I am. I love how much effort they are putting intothe game, but I just want to have a little rant about the Arctic Isles because if I tried posting this on my wall, I would need atleast 3 walls to display it all

Anyways, I personally don't. I'm at level 98, nearly level 99, but I've never been able to breed an Ice Age Dragon (regardless of its label as "common") so I've never really tried. But a few days ago, I decided to take a look online and see really what the Arctic isles is about. I think some of the dragons are super cute while some are hideous in an adorable sort of way, but what really made me mad is that you can't visit someone's Arctic isles, or atleast show them on your main islands.
    Whats the point of breeding these beautiful dragons, or unlocking Glacius the Ancient if you can't display them and make your neighbors green with envy?
    Also, the Arctic Isles dragons don't drop coins, and they require a boat load of food, so it's sort of one sided. I personally don't keep a lot of dragons on my main islands, because I only like to keep the essentials (Fire, Forest, Air, Water, Magic, etc.) and dragons I think are appealing to the eye, so I already make less money as is.
    Plus, a lot of my dragons are babies, Because they're just SOOO cute, so that's even more money I'm not earning.
    Regardless of this, I still am able to keep a steady amount of atleast 3 million (I'm currently at 6 million), but if I had an Arctic Isles and was trying to evolve 9 dragons to epic form, I'd be down in the hundred thousands!
    By far, my favorite Arctic dragon is the Icicle Dragon, it is one of the most beautiful dragons I've ever seen, and if I'd been successful in breeding it, I would definitely want to display it.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is... I think the Arctic Isles is a great idea, but what we need is to be able to visit each other's Arctic Isles, and to either have the dragons drop coins, or lower the amounts of food they would need.
    Hopefully TL will one day put these ideas into consideration (although I'm sure other players have already suggested this stuff), because it would definitely make me more enthusiastic to unlock the Arctic Isles.

my main wish is for the icicle dragon to be available to be placed on the main islands...it's just so beautiful!!!

Executive Chef
    No ~ I don't bother

Rhino Keeper
    It's designed for the players who have hundreds of millions of coin but don't know what to do with it. They honestly should have introduced it at level 100, not 35.

I'm level 103 but can't afford to upgrade the buildings or evolve to level 7.

I have 12 of 18 dragons, but stopped breeding. I have this theory that any rare or super rare bred on arctic isles takes away my chances of a rare breed on the main island.

New Resident
    If I had known more about it, I wouldn't have bothered either.

I got it and even expanded 2 squares but it is a totally ridiculous money pit that takes away from the main island's coins so I started to ignore it after day 3. I don't feed them because I don't have a lot of coins, but I evolved them enough to breed. I breed them constantly since now it costs me nothing, but I literally get the same **** dragon almost every time. I only have 5 of them and end up selling every new one because I don't want to pay for more habitats etc. they sell for 1,000 coins though instead of the main island ones that only sell for 100.

I think that if we could at least breed easier there or if they came out with new dragons, it would be something to go back to when I'm overflowing with coins but nope.

Rhino Keeper
    Expanding is probably the one thing you want to do in arctic isles.

My main island takes 64 maps and 3 days to expand. My arctic I think is over 40. When my main island is in the middle of an expansion, I can travel over to arctic and request maps from there. It saves me 2 days worth of requesting maps on the main island after expansion

Farm Supplier
    No, I don't see the point. I'm level 127 and have never bred an Ice Age dragon, although I've not specifically tried. I like the sound of requesting maps, but other than that I won't bother.

Fashion Designer
    I only tend to go there if I have time. It is a lot of money to get food and you tend to get the same dragons over and over again. But I like to try to get the special ones..so I like to tell that I have one diamond! But they are all on a lower level because I will not pay so much for making them food. But I would really like that fossil dragon flying above the island..so I keep going.

Rhino Keeper
    I only go there when it's the only way I can send map requests.
    And way too many time I have gone there when I miss-tapped during farming.

Executive Chef
    No, the dragons don't earn coins, are a murder to feed and I can't breed anything new.

Executive Chef
    No, I don't visit.

The process of breeding and hatching is clumsy and awkward - anything but enjoyable.

I did try for a while and even spent some gold on it but I hated it, so gave up.

I like to be able to see all my dragons as I open up the app. Having them somewhere in a far off place where I can't see them, doesn't make sense.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast