Thread: Which truffle hog to buy?

Which truffle hog to buy?

I'm getting close to having earned 200 gems. Whew! Does anyone know the difference between getting Delilah, Bubba or Winston - the 3 truffle hog choices? I seem to need brown truffles the most. Does it look like Winston seeks out more brown truffles or are they all the same as far as hunting goes?

Thanks for any help.

Question for the moderators - just curious why players don't get any notice on the last two features - cake being ready and truffle hog being ready. The bucket doesn't appear indicating that something is ready?

Fashion Designer
    i have bought bubba as the second hog and i noticed that everytime he finds more brown truffles than daisy (the original hog we got when we expanded there). when i say more it is 3-4 per hunting, depending also to which stage he gets. but with both of them and hunting two times per day i get enough brown truffles and plenty of black ones. my problem now are white truffles, they've become so rare, i can hardly find 2 per day! i don't know about other hogs but i plan to buy one more hoping he can help with those white ones...

Executive Chef
    Huh I wonder if the gem price difference means the 210 gem hog finds more brown ones than the 200, and the 220 gem hog finds more white truffles? I have enough gems for another hog too and am trying to decide which one to get.

Fashion Designer
    yeah i dont know if those different prices mean something...didnt really pay attention on that but now when you mention it, maybe it does. it would be nice if one of the moderators could check that for us?

Grand Emperor
    Definitely I like to know if the hog makes a difference. I thought they are priced differently for skin types.

Executive Chef
    Well I got Winston for 220 gems because I got tired of getting gem trapped (lost 60 gems accidentally in the past week), and first try, no white truffles, so I guess he's not an expert white truffle hunter.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    Well I got Winston for 220 gems because I got tired of getting gem trapped (lost 60 gems accidentally in the past week), and first try, no white truffles, so I guess he's not an expert white truffle hunter.
    I bought the black one because I found it cuter... By the way I was doubting between hogs or a rabbit, what would you have bought?

With two hogs (the starter and the black one) I'm getting about 20-24 black truffles, 12-15 brown and 0-4 white daily (use them twice)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by polispol View Post
    I bought the black one because I found it cuter... By the way I was doubting between hogs or a rabbit, what would you have bought?

With two hogs (the starter and the black one) I'm getting about 20-24 black truffles, 12-15 brown and 0-4 white daily (use them twice)
    Lol,I have all four and Winston,for me,seems to be very good at hunting