Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Showdown World Event (IOS) 06/24/2014

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cocauina View Post
    I don't understand why you don't understand my logic xD
    No I understand, that's why I disagree.
    We all generally agree that TL reuses dragon templates and re colors them. There is no problem with that. Off the top of my head there is mist/luck/kitsune/night elf, landworm/quetzal, fairy type dragons, flower type dragons, Element/emerald knight, etc... but they all have different eggs.
    I disagreed with the examples used to get to the conclusion. I remember white chocolate getting some hate for copying chocolate. But since then, it's generally accepted that dragons that have the same name and different color will normally have the same dragon type and egg, but re colored, peacock/chocolate/rose. The exception to that is black diamond, black rose, white magic (off the top of my head).

Anyway, if TL introduced "black clockwork", then your logic is correct and you are right with the examples you used.
    But this is Germany we are talking about. It's the first dragon that I know of that has a completely different name but uses the same dragon type and egg as another dragon. It just screams laziness.

I posted my thoughts on USA dragon earlier in this thread. It's too depressing to bring up again. They used griffin instead of eagle. Aye carumba!

I haven't mentioned England yet, but it's even worse. They only colored half of the upper torso and added cleats. Everything else is the exact same as Knight.

TL;dr
    The examples used to get the conclusion is what I disagree with.
    Last edited by dangerb0y; 07-03-14 at 09:38 PM.

New Resident
    What habitat do we need for the soccer dragon I have blue gree and yellow empty and it says to buy habitat but doesn't say which

Quote Originally Posted by ning64 View Post
    What habitat do we need for the soccer dragon I have blue gree and yellow empty and it says to buy habitat but doesn't say which
    The second individual prize you got was a "Soccer Field". Look in your storage. That's the habitat for the soccer dragon.

Rhino Keeper
    5 Soccer dragons - but the habitat only holds 4! TL - any chance that will change? Would be nice to keep them altogether.

Woops - just saw this in the suggestion thread....
    Last edited by otgland; 07-04-14 at 07:58 AM.

Farm Supplier
    The baby germany is so cute! I don't mind it's a recolor!
    In fact it's the only dragon I find I like, except maybe brazil dragon. Do you think we'll get it?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Zummat View Post
    There you go, a great idea for the next world event - Star Wars dragons!
    Oh no! Luckily i think copyrights and such will save us from the abomination of blending that fantastic saga with an app game with massproduced dragons....brrr....scary thougt!

I see there's a discussion going on about the looks of the soccer class dragons and i definetly agree it's all quite cheap the way the redesigned (or not) dragons for this event, but tbh - it is a free to play game, can't expect them to have designers sitting creating brand new dragons constantly when they're not guaranteed any profit from the game really unless they make us buy gold, and not all do that. Personally i think it couldn't have been too difficult switching the cogwheel of Clockwork egg into a soccer ball for example...oh well...and the England dragon, ugh... And btw, i understand why there is a USA soccer dragon but i'd have preferred a more classic football...sorry, soccer team, than that one - even if the USA team now did awesomely well in Brazil, great job tbh! I would've liked a purty bright orange Holland dragon, or Spain...hmm no, crashed and burnt, eep! Ah well, i prefer icehockey anyway!
    Last edited by MakJulos; 07-04-14 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Thought? Thougt? Thougt!

Executive Chef
    Thought. And Definitely. Grammar Police at your service.
    I'm happy there is a world event. I'm happy we got the Soccer Dragon (my fave). I'm happy the habitat at least holds 4. I'm really glad we all get the opportunity to work cooperatively to win. That makes it more fun and exciting and we get to share our progress. I'm glad we get Dragons we don't have to breed. (A whole set! Whew!)
    I do wish the events would each come with habitat(s) that hold all event Dragons. I liked the idea of a small habitat, like a bench, to go along with field, for players that "aren't on field at moment" (MakJulos, your idea, right?) That way they could all be grouped together, and it would match theme & decor.
    As far as coloration and types go, people tend to get really emotional and attached about things that represent their countries. It would seem a good idea to make them unique and special. However, I can understand the reasoning for recycling other Dragons. I think it just felt like they did a bit too little in the remodel area, on eggs and Dragons. Maybe they were too busy working on something else to put more time into them. I think at least they know how everyone feels about it now anyway.
    So, we are in the home stretch, heading for another triumphant ending to another fun world event. I really appreciate that TL keeps coming up with new and fun ways to get Dragons.
    Best of Luck to Everyone on getting the final Dragon!
    Last edited by jim23cash; 07-04-14 at 10:51 AM.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerb0y View Post
    No I understand, that's why I disagree.
    We all generally agree that TL reuses dragon templates and re colors them. There is no problem with that. Off the top of my head there is mist/luck/kitsune/night elf, landworm/quetzal, fairy type dragons, flower type dragons, Element/emerald knight, etc... but they all have different eggs.
    I disagreed with the examples used to get to the conclusion. I remember white chocolate getting some hate for copying chocolate. But since then, it's generally accepted that dragons that have the same name and different color will normally have the same dragon type and egg, but re colored, peacock/chocolate/rose. The exception to that is black diamond, black rose, white magic (off the top of my head).

Anyway, if TL introduced "black clockwork", then your logic is correct and you are right with the examples you used.
    But this is Germany we are talking about. It's the first dragon that I know of that has a completely different name but uses the same dragon type and egg as another dragon. It just screams laziness.

I posted my thoughts on USA dragon earlier in this thread. It's too depressing to bring up again. They used griffin instead of eagle. Aye carumba!

I haven't mentioned England yet, but it's even worse. They only colored half of the upper torso and added cleats. Everything else is the exact same as Knight.

TL;dr
    The examples used to get the conclusion is what I disagree with.
    Now I understand you! I wasn't understanding why you didn't understand me or didn't agree with me.

I agree with the fact that every dragon deserves it's own egg and dragon design, but this time TL just decided to change the name and use dragons that already exists. Yes, USA dragon was better if it was eagle and not griffin. Brazil and carnival, England and knight, Germany and Clockwork, have things and common, the connections are right, but I only see players hating the germany dragon just because they don't see the difference in the egg, it's minimal and small, but the difference is there.

It's nice from TL do something like this, I don't complain. I like the idea of doing dragons for countrys, but I don't like the dragons. Yes, every dragon of this event, just has clothes on and some colors changed, TL was very lazy for this event, they just dicided to recolor other dragons, and only change the names, that's why I say we shouldn't see this as a problem, 'cause there are differences. But if TL choose that this world event would be related with soccer, at least, like you said, every dragon should have it's own eggs and dragon designs, not a exactly copy of original ones with differences.

That's my opinion and I also agree with you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    Thought. And Definitely. Grammar Police at your service.
    Hehe, there are a few things in english that just won't stick no matter how much i chat or type in english...so the h is there in the end, before the final t....ty, i'm sure i'll know how to spell that word for at least 5 mins now Next i'll try to get the AM/PM thing stuck in my head....hmm which was which now....i know AM does not mean After Midnight, is AM maybe something in latin even? Anyway, AM is the hours after midnight even if that's not what it means....umm, i think...?

And more on thread subject - i agree that it's very nice getting a batch of dragons like this for free sort of, even if i myself find them a bit cheapishly (is THAT really a proper word hmm) created, so i'm happy too! But, even more happy because i now have 4 weeks off from work and loads of time to do absolutely nothing and a lot of fun stuff, yay!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    Hehe, there are a few things in english that just won't stick no matter how much i chat or type in english...so the h is there in the end, before the final t....ty, i'm sure i'll know how to spell that word for at least 5 mins now Next i'll try to get the AM/PM thing stuck in my head....hmm which was which now....i know AM does not mean After Midnight, is AM maybe something in latin even? Anyway, AM is the hours after midnight even if that's not what it means....umm, i think...?

And more on thread subject - i agree that it's very nice getting a batch of dragons like this for free sort of, even if i myself find them a bit cheapishly (is THAT really a proper word hmm) created, so i'm happy too! But, even more happy because i now have 4 weeks off from work and loads of time to do absolutely nothing and a lot of fun stuff, yay!
    English is not really to blame for AM / PM - you're right that it's Latin. AM is ante meridiem (ante meaning before; and meridiem is midday or noon) and PM is post meridiem (post meaning after). So AM is "before midday" and PM is "after midday."

In the USA, we still primarily use a 12-hour clock so AM/PM is needed. The AM/PM designation isn't needed if you're using a 24-hour clock.
    Last edited by AJImmer; 07-04-14 at 02:02 PM.