Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How to get 3 points in level...

Rhino Keeper
    You will. I'm sure it's just that I play more(way too much)! I keep thinking my obsession with this game will wane but I just keep finding other things to obsess over. First just getting through the levels was enough. Then three stars and now I'm doing goals(up to 300 minus a few). Perhaps the afore mentioned trophies will be next. It's a good thing my wife likes this game too!

Rhino Keeper
    I am finally close to getting three stars on every level. Only Level 631 eludes me now. I'd like to get input from other players on this level.

I think the level must have been altered at some point, because my high score on it (which I achieved a long time ago, around the time the level first came out) is over 900,000, but when I play now, I can only get around half of that on my best games, which is not enough for three stars. Apparently the 900,000+ score was not good enough for three stars back at the time I achieved, but would be good enough now, although I can no longer find a way to get such a high score.

It seems to me that the current three-star threshold (which I am estimating is set at around 700,000) is set too high for this level. I just can't see a way to eke out many more points on this level, but I may be missing something. I am willing to play the game with some boosts selected at the start, but since on almost every other level (except about four of them) I was able to get three stars without selecting any boosts at the start, I feel that it should be possible in principle to obtain three stars without boosts, and yet on this level it seems nowhere near possible (again, unless I am missing something).

If anyone has any comment regarding obtaining three stars on this level in its current configuration, I'd be happy to hear about it. If the consensus is that it is set too high, I'll ask Team Lava to lower it.

Cheers.

New Resident
    Will there ever be new levels??

Rhino Keeper
    Oh wow, congrats Lincstrake! I don't have any tips for you on that level, but I agree that it should be possible, in principle, to get 3 stars on every level without boosts (even if it's far easier to get 3 stars with a boost).

Rhino Keeper
    I figured out how to get three stars on Level 631 using only the rainbow boost, and will share that here for anyone who may be interested.

I had forgotten (or perhaps didn't know) that when trying to color ice, if you throw a single bubble of any color against some ice, and then follow that up with a rainbow bubble that touches the first bubble and the ice, it will color the adjacent ice on that turn. (Normally you would need a three-bubble cluster in order to color ice.) Doing this lets you keep a pop streak going that would otherwise be interrupted by the need to throw three bubbles before the ice is colored. And keeping that pop streak going is enough to get you to a point total good for three stars on this level, provided that you can keep a perfect, uninterrupted pop streak going on the rest of the level, apart from ice coloring.

I wasted a lot of time on that. Glad it's over.
    Last edited by Lincstrake; 12-17-15 at 06:22 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Oohh, interesting tip on the rainbow bubble + ice! I don't think I knew that.

But did you mean level 431 or level 631?

Rhino Keeper
    Whoops! I meant 631. I went back and edited the post.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345