Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to get 3 points in level...

Rhino Keeper
    Yep, I did manage to get 345! Took me quite a bit of time/frustration though... o_O

(Every 40 or so levels, I seem to get super stuck on one.)

So far I have 3 stars on levels 1-364, and then 2 stars on everything after that, with some other 3 stars scattered about.

I'm not too proud to use boosts when needed, and yes, haha, as soon as I beat a level, I tend to forget the strategy, so it takes a while to re-figure it out when I go back. (This is also true when people ask for help on the boards and I have to re-play in order to provide tips.)

Rhino Keeper
    Up to 276. I hate 276. I hate spiders. One other thing. I hate spiders.

Rhino Keeper
    I hate spiders too.

I now have 3 stars through 390, but then I had to skip 391-396 (Raven Mad island) because I couldn't manage 3 stars on any of those, and they weren't very fun to play over and over and over... Obviously I'll try to go back at some point, but for now I'm moving forward. Fortunately 397-402 (Outta Space island) is quite fun!

Rhino Keeper
    I just had my frustrations with Cloudbreak Heights. Lincstrake got 284 with no boosts so I focused on that one first. No luck. Then spent a fortune trying to blast and rainbow bubble my way through the whole island. Again no luck. Then I put it down for awhile. Went back to it and cleared the whole island with 3 stars only buying bombs on 288. Man what a clear head can do. Did you like Haunted Gardens? Pretty simple until the last one and yet that's the only one I got 3 stars.

Any ideas how to get 3 stars on 316 and 318? I keep playing them over and over and can't get 3 stars there...

Rhino Keeper
    @Bubbleizer-
    Sorry, what levels are in Haunted Gardens? I can't find it just from the icons.

@anidor3-
    Level 318 was very difficult for me to get 3 stars on. I think I ended up using bomb boosts, in order to keep the pop streak alive at certain points. Spiders kept ruining it for me in that earliest section.

In Level 316, the key is a combination of maintaining a pop streak and choosing the best colors to eliminate in order. If possible, I'd say eliminate the color holding the lowest level of babies first, that way you can get up to the second star more quickly.

Rhino Keeper
    I see that Team Lava seems to be experimenting with including trophies for the levels, in which a certain score or higher is awarded a trophy, which displays above the level number on the screen for each island. I sometimes see these trophies when I launch the game, but sometimes not. It appears that the threshold for being awarded a trophy is higher than that for being awarded three stars on a level, which basically means that the trophies are acting as a fourth star. So I guess the most obsessive of us will have to go back to the start and replay the levels, trying to win a trophy on each. Assuming that at some point Team Lava makes this a permanent feature.

Rhino Keeper
    Lol. I've seen the trophies occasionally too. I don't think I'm obsessive enough to care about that... but maybe when I have 3 stars on all the levels, I'll change my mind. ;P

Rhino Keeper
    @kristan- Haunted Gardens was level 523-528, but that was so last month. Having fun with Arctic Antics right now. Also been doing well With 3 stars until Mattress Mountain. I was looking forward to Raven Mad until 387,389, and 390 stumped me. So I have 3 through 386 but now am considering skipping to Outta Space and regrouping.

@anidor- I must have lucked into 3 on 316 the first time through. I'm sure I must have used rainbow bubbles to get to that first star because I can't get anywhere trying it right now. I did complete 318 many times before getting 3 stars. I finally concentrated on getting enough pops on the lower sections so I had just enough bubbles left to coincide with the number of bombs they give you. Of course this also depends on the temperament of the spiders.

Rhino Keeper
    I thought I remembered seeing some trophies along the way but going back through I can't find any. As far as turning threes into trophies...ugh! I can't imagine turning 2 into 3 on a lot of these new levels. But yes I will try.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast