Thread: Suggestions actually about the FORUM

Executive Chef

Suggestions actually about the FORUM

I have two suggestions about the forum itself (not the game) but saw no other forum to discuss inter-forum issues so I'm trying here.

A little backstory: I was wondering what exactly buying a Dragon in Castle Story would do for me. (The text says: The legendary Dragon is one of the rarest beasts in the Glimmerwood. That tells me NOTHING about what it might drop, how often, what regularly, what rarely, all that useful info.) So I ran a search here for "dragon". And it gave me 20 pages of results... the problem is that nearly all of them were results in the "Dragon Story" forum. Which will CLEARLY not answer my question about "Castle Story" dragons. I think it's safe to say that anyone searching for answers to questions related to the game they are playing does NOT need to see results in ALL the other game forums here. I'm sure Dragon Story folks find weeding through Castle Story and Restaurant Story and Pet Shop Story and Fashion Story, etc. as much of a drag as I do. If there were just a way to narrow your search to the subforum for the game in question, it would save probably everyone a lot of time.

My second suggestion is that the search results the search functions do find do not take you to the page in the thread where your search word showed up. So if you have a 50-page thread, you have to run a browser search for your word on page 1, then search page 2, then page 3, sometimes to page 40+ before the word your looking for help on is actually be*** to be discussed in threads.

So it would help us users a lot if the search results could not only be restricted one game's forums, but also the results link you to the first post in that thread with reference to what it is you ran your search for.

If it is made much easier to actually FIND what we all are looking for, we can avoid people creating duplicate threads on the same topic that they honestly search for before starting their own, but do not find because searching in this forum is not easy.

And if anyone can tell me why I would want to spend 350 gems on a dragon, though it's off the stated topic, since I'll never find a thread about it, the answer here would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Nightclub Owner
    Here's a couple of things that can help when searching in the forum
    1. Go to the advanced search
    2. Go to the search single content tab
    3. In the additional search options choose the forums you want to search in (you can select multiple)
    4. Select show results as posts

These things will limit the search to the exact posts in the forums that you want

If you're in the castle forum and use the search function in it you it will search only threads in that forum. You can also chose whether you want threads or posts displayed.

If you're in a thread you can also use the search this thread option to search for a particular word in that thread

This thread has info on drops from the original dragon

This thread has info on the quest line to get a free dragon
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

To clarify (it wasn't clear to me, so I went looking):

Do NOT use the search box at the top of the page; click on the "Search Forums" dropdown menu, at the right, just below (for example) Forums: "Game Name"

This applies whether you're on the main game forum or in one of the subforums (Discussions, Suggestions, etc.).